View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:29 am
Zonko's Employee

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis v.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwickedboy View Post
Not only a sin against Lily and Harry and James, but also against everyone who loved them, imo. The magnitude of the reprecussions that Snape's acts could have on any family and their loved ones I think supports the idea that his heart was not in the right place at that time.
How many people do you expect this character to atone for? For me it's enough guilt on Snape's part that the Potters were harmed.

I mean, let's not forget Peter's role in this, shall we? Peter's crimes against James, Lily and Sirius -- cleverly framing Sirius for the murders -- is every bit as bad, and shockingly callous.

Quote:
This has always been a sticking point for me in canon because knowing all of the harm he'd caused these people, I would think that out of remorse and regret, he would do everything in his power to ensure he never harmed them again in any way, shape or form, to the best of his ability.
According to Dumbledore, taking the prophecy to Voldemort was the biggest regret of Snape's life.

Quote:
Only Harry remained, but Snape didn't take that point of view in his treatment of him, imo.
I may not like Snape's attitude to Harry, but the canon is that he did act to protect him. IMO.