View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2008, 1:30 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Re: Snape and Lily: Joint Character Analysis v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_musing View Post
I don't think Lily knew she was in love with James yet but it is clear that Severus was weary of James' ongoing attempts to date Lily. I think Snape knew James as a threat to their friendship which was already slowly deteriorating. And just as Sev saw James as a bigger threat, Lily saw Avery and Mulciber as a bigger threat and frankly it seems clear to me that she was right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_musing View Post
I don't think Lily knew she was in love with James yet but it is clear that Severus was weary of James' ongoing attempts to date Lily. I think Snape knew James as a threat to their friendship which was already slowly deteriorating. And just as Sev saw James as a bigger threat, Lily saw Avery and Mulciber as a bigger threat and frankly it seems clear to me that she was right.
I like what you said about Snape knew James as the threat to their friendship, & that Lily saw Avery and Mulciber as the threat and I think your right about that.

But I donít think it is possible to say that either one was right in thinking their point was the right one. If Sev had given up his friendship with Avery and Mulciber but Lily had continued along the path she was on with James Ė I think it very likely that the friendship would not have survived. I also think the reverse is true had Lily changes things with James and Sev continued with his friendships with Avery and Mulciber I doubt the friendship would have survived.

Both were threats to the friendship and imo equally so, and both would have to have been addressed if the friendship was to flourish.

My Fanfic - The Silver Thread - (WIP) updated 03/07/09

Sig by the most professional, clever & witty Boushh
(Original photo-manipulation of AR by helin)
Sponsored Links