View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2007, 8:49 pm
Second Year

Re: Severus Snape's Death v2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Green_Woods View Post
This is pretty confusing isn't it? I had always thought that Hogwarts would automatically put up the portrait of the last Headmaster and Umbridge did not get a portrait, because she could not even access the Headmaster's office and so Hogwarts did not agree that Umbridge had even been headmistress of Hogwarts.
You read my mind, I also think Hogwarts automatically puts up it, not according to someone's opinion. And if the headmaster, who hasn't abandonned his post, dies, the portrait automatically appears on the wall of the office. I think that such magical laws spread themselves despite of people's guesses and opinions. And I suppose, Umbridge didn't get a portrait, because she hadn't died during her directorship in Hogwarts. I think a headmaster gets the portrait only in case of his death being current headmaster. Or probably it may appear after the death of somebody, who has been the headmaster of Hogwarts somewhere. In that case, we will be able to see Umbridge's portrait in Hogwarts And if it is so, Snape's portrait will also appear after his REAL death.

Sponsored Links