View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2011, 6:11 am
Always Indy's Girl

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadiraSnape View Post
I don't think Severus was ever able to forgive himself for carrying the prophecy to Voldemort.
I agree. I also think that Snape never forgave himself for his mistake, but I think he at some level needed something from Harry on that. I think Snape felt his actions had taken away Harry parents and he wanted Harry's forgiveness on that, not because it would change the way he felt about it, but because it would tell him that Harry had come to terms with his parents's deaths on some level. I think Snape wanted that.

I don't think Snape ever thought his actions or Harry's forgiveness in some way could make right his wrongs.

Quote:
And of course IMO, beyond his culpability in the deaths of Lily and James, and the orphaning of Harry, Severus asked no quarter from anyone and accepted none.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:

Last edited by The_Green_Woods; February 7th, 2011 at 6:34 am.
Sponsored Links