View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2010, 5:41 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapegirl View Post

Also the other teachers protected the students as best they could. It was a terrible time at Hogwarts, but I don't see how Snape could have prevented the Carrows and the punishments with out blowing his cover.
I agree with that. I would say that he was in the similar position than the other teachers when it came to protecting the students. He probably had a bit of an edge because he was on the inside, but it still would be very difficult to openly oppose the Carrows or Voldemort's wishes. The teachers could disapprove but if they were too open in protesting then they'd be fired at the very least... and I personally think they'd be more than fired. Then they'd be replaced by more DEs... what good would that do? Same goes for Snape. Things would have been worse if the headmaster was another DE, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureAuthor13 View Post

I pose another question:

If Snape found out about the DA in OOTP (I think it was likely that Dumbledore would've told him before leaving Hogwarts), what do you think his reaction would be to the idea? Do you think that he would be pleased/satisfied that students were trying to rise up against Umbridge (whom, in my opinion, he disliked very much) or do you think he would've thought that Harry was trying to get attention, and compared the boy with James again?
I think he'd be fine with the DA, but he might still think that Harry thought himself more important and knowing better than the adults around him. I think the latter is a product of the Occlumency sessions and how Harry was trying to learn what was behind the door rather than learn Occlumency. Snape might be angry that Harry didn't put as much of an effort in Occlumency as he did in the DA.

That's just off the top of my head. I never really thought about it before.

Sponsored Links