View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2007, 11:21 am
Second Year

Re: Severus Snape's Death v2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_Took View Post
2. Could Snape have done more to prevent his own death, at least in this manner or was it inevitable?

Logic says of this character that he could/should/would have been a lot more prepared for an attack by Nagini, especially at this late stage of the game. The guy was fiercely intelligent: surely he would have carried some antivenin or Blood Replenishing Potion upon his person ... this is VOLDEMORT he's dealing with!
I completely disagree- like you said, this is Voldemort we're dealing with. Voldemort, the evil, cruel, heartless creature who would go to any lengths to kill the person he thought was standing in the way of his power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aly_zabeth View Post
2. Could Snape have done more to prevent his own death, at least in this manner or was it inevitable?

I think that his death was inevitable the second that Voldemort realized that he 'needed' to kill him. Snape may be older than Draco was when the latter thought there was no escaping Voldemort, but without the help of Dumbledore I doubt that Snape would get to far before he was caught and slaughtered.
Exactly. For someone like Harry, with all the protection like from his mother, Petunia, and the Elder Wand, he stood a chance. And Dumbledore, the greatest wizard ever, well he certainly stood a chance :]
But Snape? Yup, Snape was a magnificent wizard; very talented. But nowhere near the talent of Dumbledore.

The Potter Mermaid. =]
Sponsored Links