View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2020, 2:59 pm
Zonko's Employee

Re: Rate / Review the Last Film you've seen v.3

1. Call of the Wild - fine production, basically straightforward. pretty scenery. Good CGI, but not totally seamless. Really not a must-see. 7/10

2. Jumanji: The Next Level - good empty fun, just like the predecessor. Karen Gillan rocks her outfit 8/10

3. Little Women - Good production, interesting choices to quite literally identify Meg with Alcott; never read the book or saw prior versions so I do not know how much it present the original story; a couple of the militant feminist presumptions inserted were clunkers. 8/10

4. Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey - I don't see many comic book movies, but this was quite good. empty diversion with lots of action - 6/10

5. Dolittle - passable, I suppose. I don't know how many elements from the books were used. I find the meme of taking characters and recasting them as slovenly psychological wrecks to be tiresome and dishonest, but that seems to be Robert Downey, Jr.'s shtick. 3/10

6. Knives Out - very good homage to Agatha Christie and other classic murder mystery writers 9/10

7. Downhill - This is NOT a comedy, as the choice of leads would make you expect. It has some funny bits, but they just accentuate the deterioration of the relationships which is the theme of the movie. 6/10

Here he is on a summer vacation trip to the Canary Islands with Fluffy, his second favorite dog.
Sponsored Links