View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2010, 9:12 am
Fifth Year

Re: Snape and Lily: Joint Character Analysis v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Green_Woods View Post
Absolutely. I always felt Lily was a bit hypocritical when she broke off her friendship because Snape called her a Mudblood, when she knew he was calling every muggleborn by that name.
Maybe calling her mudblood made her realize that she shouldn't take that kind of disrespect from him anymore. Shouldn't we be glad that finally left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressofRaven View Post
I don't think either decision can be considered hypocritical. If she had accepted Snape's apology, that would not have necessarily meant that she was okay with him calling people "mudblood." She could have accepted on the condition that he change. I think that would have been possible since he seemed to realize what a big mistake he'd made.
But would Snape had turned away from the Death Eaters and Dark magic? Given that he doesn't bother to change after losing Lily, I think Lily forgiving him on the condition he change would have been useless.

In slow motion the flowers fell from my head an shattered like glass. And when I looked into the mirror, I was a beautiful milkmaid. Then I woke up crying, and I donít know why. ~Snape from Potter Puppet Pals

"In a lot of cases I think being the canon love interest for a much-beloved male character is the female character's death sentence." ~ thirty2flavors regarding the hate of female characters in fandom

~I'm Lily's best friend because she doesn't have one.~

Last edited by RavenStar83; March 17th, 2010 at 9:20 am.
Sponsored Links