View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2008, 4:07 pm
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

Re: Snape and Lily: Joint Character Analysis v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBW
It was only her good heart and warm nature that kept her friends long after he had traveled down his dark path.
I disagree. I believe it was his desperation and her patience that held things together, rather than some innate "gift" of Lily's.
And I would ask the same question as TGW. I highly doubt Snape went around calling people "Mudblood" in first year after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Green_Woods View Post
I think it was because they had a friendship that was not unlike James and Sirius's IMO. Such friendships are hard to replace IMO.
I wouldn't really compare it to James and Sirius' friendship because those two were social and psychological equals and each seemed to value the friendship just as much as the other.

Snape grew up in a household devoid of care and, perhaps, love. He is going to cling rather desperately to anyone who accepts him. Lily, on the other hand, grew up with loving parents, other friends, and a sister. She was never alone, and apparently didn't understand the effect loneliness has on a person.

I think that was why, on Lily's side of the relationship, that friendship was easy to replace.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me

Last edited by ignisia; July 27th, 2008 at 4:15 pm.
Sponsored Links