View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2015, 6:46 pm
Third Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Finally! There truly needed to be a forum for this play. Thanks for starting this.

First of all... to Ms. Rowling, No! Leave Harry alone. His story, and his family's story was done after book 7. That does not mean that I wanted to leave the Magical World, just leave Harry out of any stories other than the occasional nod. Stick to bits like what she did at Pottermore during the World Cup with Ginny Weasley and Rita Skeeter.

That being said, since we are going back into Harry's story, or at least his son's story, it's time to speculate.

Albus Severus... poor kid, your life was cursed the moment your parents gave you that name. I do like using him as the point of view for the reader. He's the son of a famous Dark Wizard catcher, and son of a former professional Quidditch player. He's brother to James Sirius, who seems to have combined the worst traits of Ron and the twins into one person. He's starting school the same year as the daughter of his parents' best friends, and the son of his father's school rival. Plus, he has a cousin and Lupin's son there in Prefect roles (I think). That's quite a bit on his plate.

Predictions:
Parts 1 & 2 encompass the school year.

Al doesn't get into Gryffindor. Maybe he's Slytherin or Hufflepuff, but he's not a Gryffindor. More of a wish than a prediction, but it would give him a feeling of being cursed.

New big bad is someone from Dumbledore's Army. One of them has turned 19 years later. Like maybe Marietta, Lavender Brown, or Dennis Creevey. Someone with a grudge.

Somebody finds Voldemort's wand. The twin to Harry's wand. It was never found or destroyed in book 7, and in was on school grounds where Voldy claimed the Elder Wand. So, his true wand, must be on the grounds somewhere. It could be the big bad, or it could be Al if he's a Slytherin. Someone finds that wand.

Give it about a year, and the play will get published. I'm guessing 2017, 10 years after book 7 was released.