Thread: Pottercast
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2014, 9:51 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Re: Pottercast

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrienie View Post
Wow, it's been a while. I thought they were shutting this thing down, but apparently notů

Anyway, I did get those links. I'm just wondering now if anyone knows what ever happened to Sue. Why did she leave the show and why do I get the impression that they had a falling out? At LeakyCon in Orlando, someone asked Melissa how she was doing and there was a long hesitation before Melissa said, "As far as we know, she's doing fine." And that was the end of that.

So anyone know?
I was an avid listener, and tried to look into the reason she left, but there was never any real mention of it. She was just one day gone. It was an abrupt end for sure.

On Wikipedia it says: "Sue Upton, senior news editor for The Leaky Cauldron (left after episode 211 after Upton resigned from The Leaky Cauldron website duties)" So it seems like she just quit Leaky all together.

From Harry Potter Wikia:
Quote:
Sue Upton was the Senior Editor of The Leaky Cauldron website. She was also a co-host of PotterCast, the official podcast of The Leaky Cauldron. Sue is an avid reader of the series, having joined the Harry Potter online fandom in 2001. However, Sue decided it would be best if she left The Leaky Cauldron website, moving onto other things. She stated she 'still loves Harry Potter and she's not giving up'. She remains in touch with the others on The Leaky Cauldron website.