View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2014, 6:48 am
Snidget of Champions

Re: Harry Potter Theme Park v.2

Diagon Alley will be revealed on July 8! I am a bit disappointed because I will not be back in the Orlando area until a week later - horrible luck and timing! But it seems like the press event may have been the big reveal with the actors: the grand opening may be smaller scale.

Soft openings for riding the Hogwarts Express began today and will last on and off all week. In a way I'm glad I'm not there, lest the temptation of riding the train deprive me of the newness and magic of experiencing Diagon Alley for the first time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
I don't think the lack of discussion in this thread necessarily means a huge drop in enthusiasm about the park. I'm excited about it. I have a pass to Universal that expires in July, so I'd like to schedule a trip there that follows the introduction of these new areas. I just wish I knew the exact date of this expansion.
Discussion throughout the fandom has tapered, even on the opening of Diagon Alley. I have friends I met at midnight book releases and film showings and the New York premiere of DH2 who made detours from their 'everyday lives' for Harry Potter, and I don't see that enthusiasm and sacrifice among them or as widespread online. I have no doubt that the opening of Diagon Alley will be huge, but the mood of the fandom has certainly changed. I don't think Diagon will suffer, but the lead up from both the fandom and Universal has not matched the excitement of Hogsmeade or even the Magic Quill of Pottermore. The Potter fandom has moved on, in a way, and while there will always be devotion and excitement, I think that the giddiness and exception-making has largely departed, even for something as big as Diagon.

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Sponsored Links