View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2014, 3:30 am
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Re: Harry Potter Theme Park v.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revaunch View Post
Thought there would be a new thread or something on here.

I am going to Universal in July. They will have Weasley Wizard Wheezes (Zonkos is closing in Hogsmeade)...
Really? I'm so surprised to hear that. When I went last year it was very busy. The only place that I saw with a constant line to purchase something. Do you know what they're replacing it with? Or do they just assume that selling all the candy in one park will suffice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post
I can't believe the lack of interest in the expansion: hopefully just a reflection of the sad state of the forums and not of the fandom. The reveal of Diagon Alley hasn't resonated as much as the initial news of the construction of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts: perhaps it's largely because the fandom is so disjointed nowadays. But having lived in Orlando for much of the past year and a half I have been able to watch the progress and stay updated on some insider information. It's fantastic! I can't wait to once again experience the magic that I felt upon walking into Hogsmeade for the first time. As always, I'm avoiding as many spoilers as I can afford in order to make that experience as new as possible.
I'm sure the opening will be as big as the original. I'm still a little annoyed that you have to buy the double park pass to view both areas (Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade) and I wonder if that will affect anything. Or I guess most people go knowing that you have to spend a ton of money on tickets anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Regarding the interest on the forums - I see that there are right now 218 muggles on and 3 students. I always wonder why those 200+ people don't just log in/ sign up and start posting. Maybe between the opening of the new park and the new movies we'll get some life here again.

I can't wait to see what the reaction is to the new rides and all. When we went to Hogsmeade last year I loved every moment of it, but wished there was enough to do to spend a whole day in that area. I guess this new area will make up for that.