View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2012, 5:59 pm
First Year

Re: Wonderbook: Harry Potter Book of Spells Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wab View Post
Ihate to be a wet blanket, but I think it's futile. Sony seems to have a lock on this area.
Don't feel like you are being a wet-blanket. I knew going in that Sony had a head-start and I was in for an uphill battle at best. But, if this storybook is the best that Sony can come up with (considering they have already designed a a wand)...and they have tons of engineers at their disposal...good luck. I am one engineer by myself and I am wrapping up a proof-of-concept of something much cooler. If need be, I will patent the portions I that I have a legal right to patent and then I will take it to Ascendio or LeakyCon next year and let the fans see what true immersion into the world of Harry Potter is really all about. I probably will never make a dime, but at least I can say that I came up with a cool idea and brought it to fruition.

Who knows...that might land me a job at Sony...LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlubalybub View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I mean, it's a great idea, but there's very little chance of you being allowed to do this, I mean in a commercial way, because, as Wab said, Sony have got the rights to it, and with Pottermore being run by Sony, it was pretty inevitable that a new game like Pottermore would only be available on Sony platforms
Sony owns the Playstation. Sony doesn't own the Internet. My proof-of-concept doesn't involve the Playstation. Wouldn't you rather have an immersive interface directly to Pottermore that doesn't require the PS3 or the XBox360/Kinect? I would think that would peak the interest of many more fans.

I could be wrong. I am not saying I am right. But, a grass-roots approach to get people interested might catch Sony's attention.

Last edited by HeadmasterAPWBD; June 8th, 2012 at 6:34 pm.
Sponsored Links