View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2011, 4:00 am
First Year

Re: What would you change about the films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLaPointe View Post
Read this

http://hp-essays.livejournal.com/242482.html

And then see if you still believe that the Maurader's explanation was not there.
I still believe that the Marauder's explanation was not there. There was a plethora of information about James and his relation to them. But.. what I'm saying is that I would have liked acknowledgement, specifically, that they were the Marauders.

There's a difference between being friends in school, and being in a clique.

It's easy for those of us who have read the books to extrapolate the information, but for those who couldn't be bothered or convinced to read the books, the information about the Marauders isn't as easily accessible. I know the films aren't meant to be a stand alone, that they are an adaptation, and are best watched after reading the books, that's not always the case.

I'm saying I would change it for that purpose alone. Because if I had a dollar for every time I had to explain it. There shouldn't be a need for any explanation, and that's the thing that I've been asked most about. So clearly for those who haven't read the books for whatever reason, it is not being explained to an adequate level. And I would personally change that about the films.