View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2011, 8:37 pm
First Year

Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberEight View Post
I think Harry destroying the Elder Wand has more finality; how will it be repaired so it can be used?
Yeah, I have to agree with you on that one. Obviously it's not how it happened in the book, but in the movie, what better way to express Harry's absolute lack of power-lust?

Also, everyone seems to be kind of upset that everything wasn't done more publicly (i.e, Harry vs. Voldemort, Neville vs. Nagini). This is something that I didn't even think about watching the movies, and a complaint I don't understand very well. If the complaint is that Neville won't get the recognition he deserves, well, I think it's quite obvious to everyone already that Neville has changed quite a bit into a much stronger person, and people will know that he did that, whether they saw it themselves or not. I agree it's less neatly packaged to have these important moments happen in a less public arena than they did in the books, but I feel like in the movie, that might have seemed almost intolerably contrived (if, admittedly, cathartic). I didn't have a problem with how they did it on the whole (there were some bizarre choices made, but I won't go into that).

Sponsored Links