View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2011, 5:27 pm
First Year

Re: Things that bothered you about the final film

I must say I am very satisfied with the final film and although there were little things and sub-plots missing the film captured the story and plot of the book well along with the emotions - I have never felt so happy, sad, excited, scared, disgusted ("baby" voldemort) and satisfied with a movie in my life! However...

The Dumbledore story should have been in the movie more because I felt as if anyone who hadn't read the books would have left the cinema feeling as if Dumbledore was actually quite a cruel character which he wasn't.

The Princes Tale was done beautifully but it didn't capture some of the important points from the novel. There was nothing (or very little) to show that Snape and Lily were actually friends. And nothing which showed that Lily and James didn't actually get on initially.

I loved the Kings Cross scene, however I felt as if it missed out a lot of information which we were provided with in the novel such as the information about Voldemort having Harry's blood and Lily sacrifice etc.

That was really all that bothered me.

Sponsored Links