View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2011, 1:20 pm
First Year

Re: A series completed: Analysis of all eight movies in one

The movies

Which movie out of all eight of them is your favourite? Why? Probably DH1. I hate all of the movies. I can't enjoy them becuase every time I see the director changing or even completely skipping a part of the plot, I get annoyed a lot. However, DH1 had that one scene that wasn't in the films but fit perfectly. It is slightly out of character for Harry but I can't help but enjoy it.
If you could name one moment which you consider your favourite for all movies which one is it? In Noctem. Or the prince's tale just because it is my favourite book chapter.
Any scene with Alan Rickman is also a legitimate answer
Directing

Which director did the best job of portraying the Wizarding World? David Yates probably.
Would you have preferred one director for all eight movies? Depends on who would it be. I don't know if I'd want one of the 4 to do all the films though.

Storytelling

Which story arc has been fleshed out the best during the movies? Examples: Coming of Age story of the Trio, Harry vs Voldemort, The Marauder vs Snape, Snape as Dumbledore's inside man etc.
Probably the romance between Hermione and Ron. I don't see any particular flaws there.
Acting

Which character has had the best portrayal (script wise and acting wise)? Snape
Which actor or actress in their role has been a revelation to you? Alan Rickman

Music

How important has music been to you while watching the movies? Very.
Who is your favourite music composer? Nicholas Hooper.
Which soundtrack is your favourite? Half-blood prince.
What is your favourite music track? Snape & the Unbreakable Vow or Draco's mission.

Cinematography, Set Design, Costume Design etc.

Which movie has the best cinematography? Tough one. 3rd or 6th.
Best set design (props etc)? I like diagon alley in every movie, and how it progresses into a darker place. Hogwarts is usually very nice too. And the burrow is sweet.
Best special effects? Obviously DH2.
Best costumes? I liked a lot of them. My favourites would be most of the death-eaters, the snatcher leader and Serious in the 5th film.

Overall verdict
Are you happy with the Harry Potter movies as a completed series? No I hatee them

Sponsored Links