View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2011, 12:54 pm
First Year

Re: A series completed: Analysis of all eight movies in one

The movies

Which movie out of all eight of them is your favourite? Why?
Defenitely DH 1+2. DH is in my opinion the best book and the film(s) manage to tell the story of it in a fantastic way...and they add some differences that I like.

If you could name one moment which you consider your favourite for all movies which one is it?
The prince's tale.....what a brilliant summary of the Harry Potter story.

Directing

Which director did the best job of portraying the Wizarding World?
I am not sure about that. Every one did a nice job, in his own way.

Would you have preferred one director for all eight movies?
Maybe. But it is good as it is.

Acting

Which character has had the best portrayal (script wise and acting wise)?
Snape and Voldemort. Allan Rickman and Ralph Fiennes are just brilliant. No one would have done the job better!

Which actor or actress in their role has been a revelation to you?
Daniel Radcliffe. If you want to estimate the quality of an actor you have to consider two things:
How well does the actor/actress manage to make his character "real" and how much does he differ from this character.
I think most of the people of the cast seem to be like their characters. Alan Rickman is quite a deep unsearchable man like Snape is. If you talk to him you don't know what he is thinking.
Ralph Fiennes also is quite scary in times though I doubt he is a nice man.
Emma Watson is very intelligent, she studies...Rupert Grint is afraid of spiders and has this typical Weasly-mantality......and so on.
But Daniel Radcliffe differs a lot from Harry. And though he makes the best of what the script gives to him. And this is what an actor has to do.

Music

How important has music been to you while watching the movies?
Music is soo important, especially in Harry Potter movies....
Who is your favourite music composer?
I like every soundtrack so I think I like every composer...but The music from the first films is bourned in my head very deep so I think it should be John Williams...

Which soundtrack is your favourite?
Don't know :/ I like them all.

What is your favourite music track?
Has to be Hedwig's theme. This gives me this typicall Harry Potter feeling

Overall verdict
Are you happy with the Harry Potter movies as a completed series?

I am. They are great but they cannot reach the books...I love this world, this story, these characters. And the films are a very good interpretation of them. Well done Warner Bros

Joanne Kathleen Rowling at the London-Premier of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part two

"Voldemort is my past, present and future."
Tom Morvolo Riddle
Sponsored Links