View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2011, 10:07 am
Second Year

Re: A series completed: Analysis of all eight movies in one

The movies
Which movie out of all eight of them is your favourite? Why? Deathly Hallows Part 2; David Yates and Steve Kloves prove once again - and once and for all - that they know HP and the world of Rowling's books inside and out, making stylistic and storytelling decisions that only enhance JKR's words and storyline (case in point being the decision to move Snape's death out of the Shrieking Shack, and the decision to have the final showdown between Voldemort and Harry range all over the entirety of the Hogwarts grounds)

If you could name one moment which you consider your favourite for all movies which one is it? The Prince's Tale

Directing
Which director did the best job of portraying the Wizarding World? David Yates

Would you have preferred one director for all eight movies? Yes As to who I would want to have seen direct the series in its entirety, it comes down to a choice between Alfonso Cuaron and David Yates, with the nod going to Yates because of the masterful and genius way he adapted the final three books in the series.

Storytelling
Which story arc has been fleshed out the best during the movies? The Prince's Tale Severus Snape is by far my favorite character from the books and films, and, although it didn't seem like it at times, the films were able to perfectly capture his story and the various nuances of his character (thanks in part to the masterful performance of Alan Rickman).

Acting
Which character has had the best portrayal (script wise and acting wise)? Severus Snape Alan Rickman was perfectly cast, and played Snape perfectly from beginning to end, offering up subtle hints as to the true nature of the character (something he knew from very early on, having been given 'inside information' by JKR herself).

Overall verdict
Are you happy with the Harry Potter movies as a completed series? Emphatically yes Despite liking some of the films moreso than others, I can honestly say that the producers, writers, directors, cast, and crew of the films have succeeded with flying colors in translating and adapting JKR's magnificently written and imaginative novels.

Sponsored Links