View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2011, 11:25 pm
Fourth Year

Re: A series completed: Analysis of all eight movies in one

The movies

Which movie out of all eight of them is your favourite? Why?
I go for Prisoner of Azkaban, it's a breathe of fresh air after the Columbus age, and it threw the basics for Yates to do what he did now.
[
B]If you could name one moment which you consider your favourite for all movies which one is it? [/b]
The little chat between Harry and Lupin on the bridge in PoA, there was that kind of tragic emotion I found in the books translated to screen.

Directing

Which director did the best job of portraying the Wizarding World?
Alfonso Cuaṛn.
Would you have preferred one director for all eight movies?
No, I think it was regenerating for the series to have different point of views, but I'd replace Newell with someone else still today.

Storytelling

Which story arc has been fleshed out the best during the movies? Examples: Coming of Age story of the Trio, Harry vs Voldemort, The Marauder vs Snape, Snape as Dumbledore's inside man etc.
I'd say the Draco story arc was fleshed out the best, the Trio to me looks the same from the first film.

Acting

Which character has had the best portrayal (script wise and acting wise)?
Michael Gambon's Dumbledore! He has that whimsical air of wonder and humour that I find absolutely delicious.
Which actor or actress in their role has been a revelation to you?
Michael Gambon and David Thewlis, I had no idea who they were prior to HP.

Music

How important has music been to you while watching the movies?
Very, music creates and helps set up the mood.
Who is your favourite music composer?
Nicholas Hooper no doubt, he created a powerful score for HBP, sadly under used.
Which soundtrack is your favourite?
Half-Blood Prince
What is your favourite music track?
In Noctem

Cinematography, Set Design, Costume Design etc.

Which movie has the best cinematography?
Prisoner of Azkaban
Best set design (props etc)?
Order of the Phoenix
Best special effects?
Well, Deathly Hallows Part 2, I'd be very surprised if this daesn't win an Oscar.
Best costumes?
Deathly Hallows 1 and 2.
[
B]Overall verdict[/b]
Are you happy with the Harry Potter movies as a completed series?

Yes, even though Chamber of Secrets and Half-Blood Prince remain painful to watch to me, and curiously they're both connected in some way...the writer was inserting the HBP story in CoS you know, but HBP didn't need to be a rom-com, they had it wrong there.

Sponsored Links