View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Registered Animagus

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Boat Dock Scene

Quote:
EXT. STAIRWAY TO HOGWARTS BOAT DOCK – NIGHT

HARRY, RON and HERMIONE descend the wooden steps toward the HOGWARTS BOAT DOCK.

RON
(breathless
What is Voldemort doing all the way out here?

HERMIONE
Well, it is the perfect hiding spot. It is away from the battle.

RON
Yeah, but why isn't he fighting in the battle?

HARRY
He doesn't need to. He thinks I'll come to him.

RON
Which is exactly what we're doing. I did say this was a bad idea, right? I mean –

HERMIONE
(hasty)
Ron, shh!

RON, HERMIONE and HARRY stop on the stairs. Indistinct voices are heard, coming from the BOAT DOCK.

HARRY
(whisper)
It's Voldemort.

RON
And Snape, that traitorous git.

HERMIONE
Shh, please!

HARRY continues to descend the last few steps away from RON and HERMIONE.

HERMIONE
Harry! What is he doing?

CAMERA follows HARRY as he walks to the outside walls of the BOAT DOCK. He stops by a WINDOW, and peers inside.

INT. BOAT DOCK – NIGHT

NAGINI slithers near SEVERUS SNAPE'S feet and passes by him toward VOLDEMORT. SNAPE winces, but does not look at NAGINI. VOLDEMORT is sitting in a throne-type chair. The ELDER WAND is in his hand.

VOLDEMORT
I'm sure you wondering why I summoned you away from the battle, Severus.

SNAPE
Please, my lord. I wish to return to the battle. Let me find the boy.

EXT. BOAT DOCK OUTER WALL

HARRY peers into the window as RON and HERMIONE walk up to him. VOLDEMORT'S voice is indistinct inside.

HERMIONE
(begging, whisper)
Please, Harry! Put the cloak on!

HARRY raises his hand to silence HERMIONE, but his focus is still on what is happening...

INT. BOAT DOCK

Inside the BOAT DOCK, NAGINI slithers up the throne-like chair. Camera pans to VOLDEMORT.

VOLDEMORT
I have a problem, Severus.

SEVERUS
My Lord?

VOLDEMORT raises the ELDER WAND.

VOLDEMORT
Why doesn't it work for me, Severus?

SEVERUS
I do not understand, my Lord. You have performed extraordinary feats of magic with the wand.

VOLDEMORT points the ELDER WAND at NAGINI. Suddenly, a clear bubble appears around the great snake.

VOLDEMORT
No. I have performed my usual magic. I am extraordinary. But this wand... no. It has not revealed the wonders it promised. It has not proven to me what the tales throughout history say it can do. I feel no difference between this wand and my very first wand I procured when I was but a boy.

CAMERA focuses in on SNAPE. He looks nervous.

VOLDEMORT
No difference. But... I the answer has come to me. I have thought long and hard about it. Do you know why I brought you here tonight away from the battle?

SNAPE
No, my lord. But I beg of you to let me return. If I could find the boy...

VOLDEMORT
You sound like Lucius. Neither of you understand Potter as I do. The boy will come to me. I have something he wants.

CAMERA pans to NAGINI, who is slithering around her protective bubble.

EXT. BOAT DOCK WALL

HARRY looks through the window straight toward NAGINI.

HERMIONE
(whispers)
Harry, no. You can't.

INT. BOAT DOCK

CAMERA focuses on SNAPE. His eyes turn from VOLDEMORT to NAGINI to VOLDEMORT.

VOLDEMORT
Potter will come, yes. The battle continues as we speak. Countless wizards and witches are dying, their magical blood spilling over the grounds. I know Potter. He does not wish for this to go on any longer. He will come.

SNAPE
My Lord, the chance that he could get killed by another hand is too great. If I could--

VOLDEMORT
My instructions to the Death Eaters were perfectly clear. Kill his friends. Capture the boy, but do not kill.

VOLDEMORT'S eyes look from the ELDER WAND to SEVERUS.

VOLDEMORT
But at the moment it is you I wish to speak to. You are very valuable to me. Very valuable.

SNAPE
My Lord knows I only live to serve him. But—let me go find the boy--

VOLDEMORT
(loudly)
I have told you, no!

SNAPE flinches slightly.

VOLDEMORT
(calm)
My concern at the moment is what will happen when I meet the boy.

SNAPE
Surely, my Lord, there can be no question--

VOLDEMORT
But there is a question, Severus. There is.

SNAPE stares, as if into space. VOLDEMORT twists his hands around the ELDER WAND.

VOLDEMORT
Thrice I have tried to kill the boy. Thrice I failed. The wands did not work. Why?

SNAPE
I-I cannot answer that, my Lord.

VOLDEMORT
You cannot?

SNAPE
No, my Lord. But I beg you –

VOLDEMORT
Two wands fail, so I sought a new one. The Wand of Destiny. The Deathstick. The Elder Wand.

CAMERA focuses on SNAPE'S eyes. He is looking at the Elder Wand. A frown creases his lips.

VOLDEMORT
I took it from its former master's grave. The grave of Albus Dumbledore.

CAMERA focuses in on SNAPE once again. His face is ghostly white, shocked.

SNAPE
My Lord... the boy.

VOLDEMORT is not listening. He is looking at the ELDER WAND.

VOLDEMORT
I sat here on the brink of victory, wondering why the Elder Wand refuses to rise to its full power. Why it refuses to work for me, its master. Then, I believe, I found the answer.

SNAPE'S eyes look dead as he stares at VOLDEMORT.

VOLDEMORT
I am not the wand's rightful master.

VOLDEMORT'S eyes raise to SNAPE.

VOLDEMORT
You are.

SNAPE
My Lord!

VOLDEMORT
You have been a faithful servant, Severus, and I regret this. But the Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its previous master. You killed Albus Dumbledore. While you live, Severus, the wand cannot truly be mine.

SNAPE
My Lord!

VOLDEMORT
There is no other way. I must master the wand. It must be mine when I once again face the boy.

VOLDEMORT swipes the air with the ELDER WAND. CAMERA focuses in on NAGINI. The protective bubble disappears, and NAGINI falls to the floor.

CAMERA focuses on SNAPE, who backs up toward the exact window HARRY is looking through.

CAMERA pans in on....

VOLDEMORT
(in Parseltongue)
Kill.

CAMERA follows Nagini as it slithers across the floorboards. CAMERA pans over to a panicked SNAPE, who is leaning against the wall. CAMERA pans to...

EXT. BOAT DOCK WALL.

HARRY'S eyes, wide with fright. A monstrous hiss is heard. HARRY backs away, as a loud collision is heard.

INT. BOAT DOCK

CAMERA pans to NAGINI as she slithers away from...

CAMERA FOCUS IN ON
SNAPE, who is dying, his breath gurgling, a DEATH RATTLE.

CAMERA returns to NAGINI as she crawls toward VOLDEMORT and is encased in the bubble protection once again.

Close-up to VOLDEMORT. His eyes are on Snape.

VOLDEMORT
I regret it.

It is clear he doesn't. VOLDEMORT walks toward the exit of the BOAT DOCK, NAGINI, encased in protective bubble, floating beside him.

EXT. BOAT DOCK

RON and HERMIONE drag a stricken-looking HARRY around the wall, hidden as VOLDEMORT walks toward the staircase. CLOSE-UP on VOLDEMORT as he turns his head, thinking he hears movement. After a moment, he continues up the staircase, NAGINI following him.

INT. BOAT DOCK

HARRY races inside, and runs over to the dying SNAPE.

RON and HERMIONE enter, both looking horrified as they watch HARRY kneel toward SNAPE.

CLOSE-UP of SNAPE, HARRY above him.

SNAPE
(gurgling)
Take it. Take it.

White MEMORIES seep from SNAPE'S ear and under his head. HARRY hastily conjures a VIAL and gathers the memories.

SNAPE
Look at me.

CAMERA focuses in on HARRY's eyes, as he looks at SNAPE questioningly.

SNAPE
Look... at... me.

CLOSE UP of HARRY'S EYES.

CLOSE UP of SNAPE'S EYES.

CLOSE UP of HARRY'S EYES.

CLOSE UP of SNAPE'S EYES as they close. SEVERUS SNAPE is dead.