View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2010, 6:47 am
Fourth Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

So I've starting my Deathly Hallows script over...again...but with this one I am determined to finish it. I just wrote what I'm about to post over the last 30 mins...without proof reading...so sorry if it's not so great. I'm just curious to what you all think of it. So here is the first 7 mins of my Deathly Hallows screenplay!

PROLOGUE:    

We open with a shot of the WB logo moving slowly towards the viewer. As the camera slowly moves through the logo we focus on a BLUE EYEBALL. The camera slowly pulls back to reveal that the eye belongs to LILY POTTER who is looking down at us with a smile on her face.

INT. GODRICS HALLOW-POTTERS HIDING PLACE-LIVING ROOM-NIGHT

LILY
He is just perfect. Too perfect for words.

SIRIUS BLACK head pops into the frame, also looking down at us with a look of joy and excitement across his face.

SIRIUS
I can’t believe how much he looks like James. Except for his eyes. He has your eyes Lily.

We now see a shot of baby HARRY POTTER laying in a very cushioned basket. The baby smiles as Lily tickles his cheek. Sirius turns and notices JAMES POTTER standing with his back turned to them looking down at something. He quickly walks over to James and pats him on his back. James turns around and smiles at Sirius and we notice he is holding a picture.

SIRIUS
You alright my friend?

JAMES
Fine Sirius. I was just looking at this picture of the Order.

A shot of the picture of the ORDER OF THE PHOENIX appears on the screen.

JAMES
It seems like Lily and I have been in hiding for ages. We haven’t seen everyone in a very long time.

SIRIUS
Well everyone can’t know where you are James. You know that. Voldemort is looking for you two. The less who know your whereabouts the better.

JAMES
I know. I know. It’s just this war. I can’t imagine raising a son under these types of circumstances. He deserves better….

SIRIUS
And he will have better. Don’t go worrying yourself about Harry James, he’ll be fine. You know that.

LILY
Of course he does. James has been getting like this a lot lately but you know what’ll make you feel better?
Lily picks Harry up and walks him over to James, slowly handing him to him. James takes Harry and the biggest smile imaginable crosses his face.

JAMES
I have a feeling you’re going to do some great things son….

CRASH. Everyone turns and now we notice that PETER PETIGREW is also in the room. We see him quickly pick up the book he just dropped and nervously place it back on the bookshelf.

SIRIUS
You alright Wormtail?

PETER
Fine. Fine. Just….

LILY
You’ve been acting really distant lately Peter. What’s wrong?

PETER
Nothing. Nothing. Just the stress of this war and…and…hey James where is your Invisibility Cloak. If I could borrow it for a mo….

JAMES
I would Wormtail but Dumbledore has it.

SIRIUS
What does Dumbledore want with your cloak?

JAMES
No idea. He seemed really intrigued with it. He said he’ll return it soon.

Peter walks slowly to the window and peers out of it.

SIRIUS
You sure you’re alright Wormtail?

PETER
Fine. Fine. It’s just….the full moons out…so I was just thinking about Remus…

SIRIUS
Ah Lupin will be fine. He always is that scoundrel.

LILY
I really hope he comes to visit soon. I miss him.

SIRIUS
Speaking of which I must be off! I hate to leave so soon but I have a few affairs I must handle.

LILY
Thanks for stopping by again Sirius. You’re going to be a great godfather to Harry.

SIRIUS
I will do my best.

He gives Lily a hug. He then turns and smiles at James and places his hand on his shoulder.

SIRIUS
I will see you soon my brother.

JAMES
Of course. Take care Padfoot.

SIRIUS
And I will be seeing you as well Harry. Wow…I still can’t believe how much he looks like you James. Well I must be off. Wormtail!

Peter jumps at the sound of his name as he was staring out the window again. He turns and stares at Sirius.

SIRIUS
I’m leaving. You take care alright?

PETER
Yes. Yes. You too Sirius.

With a quick turn Sirius transform into a DOG. He gives one final bark before running out of the dog door. Baby Harry seems amused by the transformation and James simply smiles.

JAMES
You sure you are alright Peter. You’ve been distant lately. Is there anything you need to talk about.

PETER
No. No. But I must get going.

LILY
But you only just got here!

PETER
Yes. Yes. I know but….I really must go.

Peter rushes to the door and grabs the nob and pauses. He turns and looks at them and a look of sorrow slowly forms on his face. He stares at them as if he wants to say something but he is struggling to find the words. He looks away quickly as tears start to run down his face. He quickly rushes out of the house without saying a word. Lily and James both cast a nervous look at each other.

EXT. GODRICS HALLOW-DARK STREET-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)
The scene cuts to Peter closing the gate of the Potters behind him and quickly walking down the street. The street is mysteriously dark and deserted and the only light source is the full moon. Peter continues to walk down the street and all of a sudden pauses. We hear a rustle in the distance.

PETER
Who….Who’s there?

A slowly wind begins to blow towards Peter. Leaves move quickly towards him and a look of horror crosses Peter’s face. All of a sudden a hand slowly appears on his shoulder out of thin air. As the wind continues to blow the figure continues to form and VOLDEMORT appears behind Peter. Voldemort clinches his hand slightly over Peters shoulders.

VOLDEMORT
Well done Wormtail. Betraying those who care for you the most. Now that is a sign of loyalty.

Voldemort smiles. He slowly turns and begins walking towards the Potters hiding place. We see one last shot of Peter with tears running down his eyes.Voldemort slowly walks up to the gate and pushes it open.

INT. GODRICS HALLOW-POTTERS HIDING PLACE-LIVING ROOMNIGHT

We cut to James holding Harry in the air and slowly turning in circles.

JAMES
I bet you are going to make a fantastic Quidditch player one day!

LILY
Well I think he could very well be a top Potions maker.

JAMES
Whatever he decides to do I will support him. You know that Lily. Although being a seeker like his old dad would really be great.

BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. James stops in his tracks at the knock on the door.

JAMES
Were we expecting anyone else tonight ?

LILY
I don’t think so. Maybe it’s Peter again.

James hands Harry to Lily and turns towards the door. He quickly pulls out his wand.

LILY
James….

JAMES
We can’t be too careful honey.
BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. This time the knocks almost take the door off the hinges.

JAMES
Who’s there!

BOOM! With a mighty blast the door is knocked back slamming into the opposite wall. We see Voldemort standing there with his wand drawn.

JAMES
Lily! It’s him! Take Harry and go! I’ll hold him off!

Lily quickly runs out of the room as James throws a spell at Voldemort. Voldemort quickly deflects the spell with ease. James lets out a scream and runs towards Voldemort. He quickly transforms into a STAG and rams into Voldemort throwing him across the room. BOOM Voldemort crashes down onto a table but quickly turns into smoke and rushes into the James. James is thrown back and BOOM crashes into the wall knocking down a picture of his family. He is now transformed back into his human form. James is kneeled over onto the ground, clearly badly injured. Voldemort steps into the frame and all we see is his hand, wand, and James lying helpless on the floor. James points his wand weakly at Voldemort and with a quick hand movement from Voldemort it is thrown across the room. James is now helpless. Voldemort walks slowly up to James and looks down at him.

JAMES
You won’t win….

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kadavra!

BOOM the green spell hits James and he slumps over lifeless. Voldemort looks down at him for a moment and then we hear crying in the distance. Voldemort looks in the direction of the crying.

INT. GODRICS HALLOW-POTTERS HIDING PLACE-BEDROOM-NIGHT

The scene cuts to Lily holding Harry in her arms as he cries. She gently caresses his head trying to calm him down.

LILY
It’ll be alright baby. You’re going to be alright.

BOOM the door is blown open. Lily turn around to see Voldemort staring at her from the other side of the door. She kisses Harry on the head and places him in the crib behind her and stands in front of him.

LILY
Please don’t hurt him.

VOLDEMORT
Step aside girl!

LILY
Please, not Harry, kill me instead….

VOLDEMORT
This is my last warning you silly girl. Step aside now!

LILY
Have mercy….please…I’ll do anything….

VOLDEMORT
Stand aside girl!

Lily looks back at Harry and gives him a smile. She then turns back to Voldemort and looks him straight in his eyes.

LILY
No.

Voldemort eyes widen in anger and he points his wand at Lily.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kadavra!

BOOM the spell hits her and she falls onto the ground dead. Voldemort walks forward, stepping over Lily’s body, and looks into the crib. Harry looks up at him and Voldemort simply frowns.

VOLDEMORT
It has been foretold that you would be the one to defeat me Harry Potter. I am here to make sure that is not so. No one can defeat the great Lord Voldemort. I am all powerful….

He points the wand at Harry’s head

VOLDEMORT
I cannot die. Avada Kadavra!

BOOM the spell flies out of the wand and hits Harry but something goes wrong. Voldemort begins to scream as his very flesh starts to tear away in particles of dust. The walls all begin to shake violently as Voldemort is quickly torn apart. POOF he quickly is turned into dust and flies out of the nearby broken window. The house continues to shake as pieces of the ceiling start crashing down. The camera quickly pans down into the crib where we see baby Harry laying there as if he’s dead. Something is different. There is a BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT shaped as a lightening bolt on his head. It hovers on his skin for a second before burning into his skull with a sizzle.

INT. THE DURSLEYS-HARRY’S ROOM-NIGHT (SEVENTEEN YEARS LATER)

The scene cuts to sixteen year old Harry Potter opening his eyes. The camera focus on his eyes for a second before panning back and showing him sweating and panting as he is laying in his bed. He sits up slowly and places his hand on his scar. He lets out a gasp of pain as he touches it. He reahes to his night stand and puts on his glasses. He hear a rustling nearby. Harry looks up and we see HEDWIG in her cage.

HARRY
It’s alright Hedwig. Just another bad dream.

Harry turns on the lamp next to his bed and stands up. He walks over to the mirror in his bedroom and looks into it. He just stares at his reflection. Harry moves his neck slowly to the side and slowly his reflection begins to form into Voldemorts. The camera pans closer to Voldemorts reflection. We focus on it for a second and the camera pans back to reveal we are now in a new place.

INT. MALFOR MANOR-DINING HALL-NIGHT

Voldemort is starting ahead in silence. We see the light from the fireplace outline his figure. We cut to show that he is sitting at the head of a large table. The chair to his right is empty but all the others are full of Death Eaters and Snatchers. Among them are BELLATRIX LESTRANGE, LUCIUS MALFOY, DRACO MALFOY, NARCISSA MALFOY, DOLOHOV,YAXLEY, FENRIR GREYBACK, Petigrew, and three more unnamed Death Eaters. We hear a door close in the distance and a smile grows on Voldemorts face. The door at the far end of the hall opens and in walks SEVERUS SNAPE. Everyone turns and looks at Snape as he walks slowly towards the table. Voldemort extends his arm towards the empty chair and we see Bellatrix roll her eyes.

VOLDEMORT
New’s Severus?

SNAPE
The best my lord.

"In my life I have seen things that are unimaginably
horrific. I know now...you will see worse."

Last edited by Phrozenone; September 20th, 2010 at 6:49 am.
Sponsored Links