View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2010, 7:04 pm
Curse Breaker

Re: Which Film Is The Darkest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
To me, there's no question, Order of the Phoenix is the darkest film of the series to date. Half-Blood Prince obviously has a lot of comedy and romantic angst to balance the moments of great sadness or hopelessness, and Goblet of Fire, although there are many unsettling moments and the entire third act keeps the viewer on edge, it's an adventure movie, plus there's the Yule Ball section, a great portrait of early adolescent awkwardness. Order of the PHoenix, though, has a cold, somber tone throughout, and it's the least "fun" of the bunch.
I agree. I've always thought that Order of the Phoenix represents the darkest time for Harry with the influence of Voldemort's mind meddling, occlumency, the Umbridge factor, what the prophecy means for Harry, etc. There are dark elements to Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire and Half-Blood Prince, but overall I feel Order of the Phoenix is the darkest film so far.

....I miss David Tennant....
Sponsored Links