View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2009, 5:19 pm
Secret Keeper

Re: Ultimate Film Collection Editions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klio View Post
That is intriguing to hear that ABC might have done these. I'd love to know how this comes about. Is ABC in some way related to WB? There are only two or three HUGE media conglomerates, so it isn't entirely impossible. But usually the director surely would have to have a say, too. Very intriguing indeed.

By the way, was Peeves cast or supposed to be CGI? If the latter, the likelihood of seeing those scenes diminishes considerably, because they won't easily develop a complete CGI character just for extras, and the empty passes won't look very good. If they have shots of an actor doing it, even if they aren't properly finished, the chances are a lot better.

... and in all cases I was talking about scenes which are already shot. I am not talking about doing scenes that were never filmed. But filming is just the first step. If you have filmed it and the sound is reasonable you can put it on a list of additional scenes, but it's less likely to be cut in, because that costs a lot of extra cash (which is why I am so intrigued about the ABC versions).

How much additional stuff is there in the ABC versions?
As I said, take all of the deleted scenes included on the DVD's (pretty sure it's all of them anyways) and throw them back in where they belong and you have the ABC Family versions. My favorite extended film is CoS, cause I feel that DVD had the best deleted scenes. In that case of that one, I think it's like 17 deleted scenes (which is the most deleted scenes contained on any Potter DVD's), if I recall correctly

As for Peeves, they had cast Rik Mayall

Oh, and there are 4 or 5 major media conglomerates I think. At least there was when I took a media class a few years ago...perhaps there have been mergers since then. And interestingly enough, ABC is actually owned by Walt Disney corportation...a RIVAL, so that's odd

Also, I really don't think it's too difficult or expensive to add the scenes back in. Hell, Aaron made his own versions using home editing software! I didn't notice any difference really from the ABC versions. It's quite easy to do as long as there is an appropriate spot

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; July 26th, 2009 at 5:24 pm.
Sponsored Links