View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2009, 1:40 am
Second Year

Re: Reactions of Non-readers

I went with 8 others.. My cousin read the books, my best friend read up until DH, and my other friend read half of HBP (why stop halfway through? I don't know).

I didn't catch the reaction of the others, but my boyfriend hasn't read the books but he loves the movies (and knows much more about them than I expected!), and he enjoyed it. He wasn't awfully confused or anything. And he had forced me to tell him everyone who dies in the upcoming movies, so he already knew about Snape killing Dumbledore.

The only complaint he had that he voiced to me was about how they sort of shoved Ginny and Harry down your throat, and how finding out Snape was the Half-Blood Prince seemed sort of forced/quick and not kind of more of a shock to Harry.

He didn't catch the RAB thing, probably because he was too tired or not paying attention when Slughorn explained who Regulus was, or just that he didn't get the connection. But I don't think he really cares who took the locket to begin with, anyway. He gathered that Greyback was a werewolf, though, which made me pretty happy (I don't know why).

As for everyone else, my cousin sort of ruined for my 2 friends that Dumbledore had actually made Snape kill him.. one of which had already guessed at it, because of Snape not doing anything to grab Harry in the Astronomy Tower.

But generally everyone liked it, book reader and non, and everyone said it's either their new favorite or second favorite.. and nobody was confused or anything at all.

Oct. 31 2009
One of the best days of my life.

Can you see? You remind of how I used to be.
Let's say goodbye to our maybes,
incomplete, just a texture of how life really is.
And it seems to feel so real.
Sponsored Links