View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2012, 9:41 pm
First Year

Re: What are your movie pet peeves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRW View Post
Another thing that annoyed me a lot watching the movies was Hermione's characterization. She is portrayed as a sort of flawless person who knows everything there is to know. In the books JKR brings out her flaws as well but that's not at all done in the movies. The way she gets so many lines from different characters is annoying

Hermione explaining what a mudblood is when in the books she dosen't know what it means.

Hermione explaining what a parselmouth is when it's Ron who does that in the books

Hermione introducing Luna in OoTP (as Loony initially) when it's Ginny who does that in the book.

It's Harry's idea to climb the dragons in DH but again it's Hermione who suggests that in the movies.

There might be other cases but these are the ones of the top of my head.
I agree. Hermione was a know-it-all, but she didn't know everything. Her knowing Luna didn't make sense as Luna was a year below, so they wouldn't have had any classes together. This could have been screen time given to Ginny, who seriously needed more in the films. I was really surprised Hermione didn't know how to destroy Horcruxes in the Deathly Hallows films. She actually did know in the book.

Sponsored Links