Thread: Stephen King
View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2007, 1:24 pm
First Year

Re: Stephen King

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorleone View Post
I started reading Stephen King when I was in high school and am happy to note that he is a HP and JKR fan (it only makes sense that a great writer recognizes another). My favorite is The Stand but I also liked It, The Shining, and Misery among others. I had a thought....

Has anyone read or seen Misery? Its the story of a kidnapped author who kills off the main character in a series of romance novels and is forced to continue the series. I was wondering however demented it may be that JKR is destined for the same fate if she decides to kill off Harry in DH. Obviously it won't happen nor would I want it to (she's extremely wealthy hence very well protected) but if Harry dies, a lot of people will be very angry with her. When I first heard the rumors that Harry may die, the story of Misery is the first thing that came to mind.
If it is any help..I liked the movie quite a bit. The book I found difficult to get through it didn't really hold my attention. I almost think had I seen the movie first I may have liked the book more. There is a lot of bouncing back and forth in the book between "real life/author writing book" and REAL life author held hostage. Somehow the book just didn't do it for me.