Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Post DH References (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7. (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=125662)

Hes August 15th, 2010 11:12 am

The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
And we have reached version 7 already!

Version 6

Important:

Please respect each other's opinions.

Please remember to keep the chitchat out. Those posts will be deleted with no warning or notification.

Still want to chat or squee about this movie? Do so here.[/quote]

iamwood August 15th, 2010 11:27 am

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Version 7!

Three months and a handful of days left to go. Wow :drool:

Just curious, does anyone expect a second trailer, preferably part one exclusively, to be released soon? According to Occulmencia, we shall be in for quite a week this coming week marketing wise.

If we do indeed get a trailer for DH1, what do you expect to see? What do you want them to leave out for spoilers' sake?

lcbaseball22 August 15th, 2010 11:37 am

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamwood (Post 5590278)
Version 7!

Three months and a handful of days left to go. Wow :drool:

Just curious, does anyone expect a second trailer, preferably part one exclusively, to be released soon? According to Occulmencia, we shall be in for quite a week this coming week marketing wise.

If we do indeed get a trailer for DH1, what do you expect to see? What do you want them to leave out for spoilers' sake?

Well you never know. There were a few surprise trailers released for HBP (I remember waking up to a few unannounced ones) but that may have just been WB trying to reconcile with the fans for the delay. I don't know if unannounced trailers had ever surfaced prior to HBP :hmm:

Carne August 15th, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Hoping for a trailer for part 1 next month!

MoodysMagicEye August 15th, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 (Post 5590279)
Well you never know. There were a few surprise trailers released for HBP (I remember waking up to a few unannounced ones) but that may have just been WB trying to reconcile with the fans for the delay. I don't know if unannounced trailers had ever surfaced prior to HBP :hmm:

Yeah I those trailers were to dampen the hostility. I expect we're due two more, an international one hopefully next month!! and the main theatrical one probably in October.

bellatrix93 August 15th, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Do we know where the split is, Or is it still secret? Sorry, I just don't followthe movie's news closely, :whistle:.

JoAdams August 15th, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Yes.
I think the International Trailer will be released in mid-September and the main Theatrical one will be released in early October.

Now, concerning DHPt1, I am worried about the Grimmauld Place scenes.
In the book this was one of the most detailed-and boring-parts. I hope they stick to very basic scenes like:
-Entering Grimmauld Place and facing Dumbledore's ghost
-Talking about the Wedding Attack and falling asleep
-Harry searching for Sirius' room and finding Lily's letter
-Finding R.A.B.
-Kreacher's Tale
-Harry's dream of Voldemort & Death Eaters surrounding the house
-Mandungus Confesses.

I don't think we need to see all those scenes with the three of them planning to infiltrate the Ministry. The Fletcher confession sequence must cut to the three of them in London going to the Ministry. That way the audience won't know what they're doing exactly, what their plan is.
And about the Hogwarts and Snape news, I feel we'll see all that when the Trio is on the run, probably shortly after the Ministry heist.
Finally, concerning the Lupin VS Harry argument. I think it was established in HBP when Lupin and Harry had this brief argument about Snape's loyalty. But I have a feeling that we'll see this argument at the Burrow. I remember a set report mentioning that Harry and Lupin go to the wedding tent quite late. This suggests that maybe they have their argument outside at the Burrow reeds/field/whatever. And that would benefit the flow of the film, IMO.
I don't know why but I just don't want the film to drag. The Grimmauld Place and Camping sequences were definitely the slowest ones. From what we've seen the Camping scenes are a lot better than what we expect (lots of landscape shots, travelling, chases and action sequences here and there), but the Grimmauld Place scenes need to be extremely tight or else the dynamic of the first sequences of the film (Dark Lord Ascending, Seven Potters Battle, Dumbledore's Will, Burrow Attack) and this intense feel of urgency will be lost.



EDIT:

Yeah the first film ends when Voldemort takes the Elder Wand from Dumbledore's tomb.
Furthermore, Dan Radcliffe pretty much confirmed how Part II starts. He mentioned that PtII begins with a heist sequence leading to the epic war at Hogwarts. So he probably means the Gringotts sequence.
So the climax of Part I will be:
-Going to Xenophilius and learning about the Deathly Hallows
-Battle at the Lovegoods House and surrounding Grounds
-Trio talks about the Deathly Hallows
-The Snatchers Chase and the Capture in the Woods
-The Malfoy Manor Confrontation & Voldemort at Nurmengard
-Apparating at Shell Cottage & Dobby's Burial
-Voldemort punishes the Death Eaters and goes to find the Elder Wand at the Hogwarts Grounds.
-END CREDITS.

Quite a great climax if you ask me.

MoodysMagicEye August 15th, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellatrix93 (Post 5590289)
Do we know where the split is, Or is it still secret? Sorry, I just don't followthe movie's news closely, :whistle:.

Yes the last scene in part 1 one will be Voldemort gaining the Elder Wand, so thats just after the trio reaches Shell Cottage, it may be before or after the questioning of Griphook & Ollivander.

decarus August 15th, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoAdams (Post 5590291)
I don't think we need to see all those scenes with the three of them planning to infiltrate the Ministry. The Fletcher confession sequence must cut to the three of them in London going to the Ministry. That way the audience won't know what they're doing exactly, what their plan is.

I don't think there were all these scenes where the trio plan. I think that is where the time cut is at. They learn about the locket from Mundungus and then the cut ahead to the day before they go to the Ministry. In the book we didn't know what they were going to do at the Ministry until we saw it happen.

I still wonder how they are going to show Mundungus. Like will Kreacher just tell them about the locket without explanation and they will just convince him to go after Mundungus or will Dobby help with that somehow or will the trio go after Mundungus.

JoAdams August 15th, 2010 1:50 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
I think that there was a report last year mentioning that there was a scene in Diagon Alley/Knockturn Alley with Mandungus. I don't think they would have wasted time showing Kreacher just capturing him. It's possible that Kreacher leads the Trio to him and they interrogate him there.

decarus August 15th, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoAdams (Post 5590299)
I think that there was a report last year mentioning that there was a scene in Diagon Alley/Knockturn Alley with Mandungus. I don't think they would have wasted time showing Kreacher just capturing him. It's possible that Kreacher leads the Trio to him and they interrogate him there.

Yeah, i remember that too. I am just not sure if that was something where the person just didn't know what they were seeing or the person was making it up. I am not sure what i think makes more sense to do or not.

Sacred_Memories August 15th, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
A poster should be out soon!

Fhaps August 15th, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacred_Memories (Post 5590462)
A poster should be out soon!

Yeah! We need a Teaser Poster just for Part 1 :whistle:

nicholasmanning August 15th, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fhaps (Post 5590476)
Yeah! We need a Teaser Poster just for Part 1 :whistle:

what do you think the poster will look like?

Fhaps August 15th, 2010 9:55 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasmanning (Post 5590480)
what do you think the poster will look like?

I don't know, really, I have no idea.

But I would like something that portrays the isolation in which they are in this movie. I think they have to let people know this is going to be a very different movie from what they're used to.

decarus August 15th, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
That's right Mundungus has an associate so they might show harry finding him.

Sacred_Memories August 15th, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
I want an Undesirable No.1 as the teaster poster for DH1.

nicholasmanning August 15th, 2010 10:28 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacred_Memories (Post 5590488)
I want an Undesirable No.1 as the teaster poster for DH1.

That would be awesome!!! But with only 90 days untill the movie i think its a bit late for a Teaser poster. they should just give us the Theatrical one.

Slartibartfast August 15th, 2010 10:55 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Quote:

Now, concerning DHPt1, I am worried about the Grimmauld Place scenes.
In the book this was one of the most detailed-and boring-parts. I hope they stick to very basic scenes like:
-Entering Grimmauld Place and facing Dumbledore's ghost
-Talking about the Wedding Attack and falling asleep
-Harry searching for Sirius' room and finding Lily's letter
-Finding R.A.B.
-Kreacher's Tale
-Harry's dream of Voldemort & Death Eaters surrounding the house
-Mandungus Confesses.
Dont forget the Lupin scene. I really hope thats in there. I actually liked the Grimmauld Place scenes in the book a lot.

nicholasmanning August 15th, 2010 11:08 pm

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v7.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slartibartfast (Post 5590519)
Dont forget the Lupin scene. I really hope thats in there. I actually liked the Grimmauld Place scenes in the book a lot.

i really question weather we will see Lupin at all except the wedding and the battle of Hogwarts. They have barely shown him since POA and i expect very little screentime for his Charecter in this movie as well.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 2:41 am.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Original content is Copyright MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright its respective owners.