Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   In Cinemas & General Movie discussion (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Alfred Hitchcock Movies (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=113298)

Fawkesfan1 March 6th, 2012 11:15 pm

Re: Alfred Hitchcock Movies

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 (Post 5988318)
Yeah, it does...which is why I don't suggest it to a Hitchcock newbie. :p

EDIT: Wait...I got confused with Shadow of a Doubt...hmm, not sure what you're talking about cause Strangers is very tightly paced actually with the exception of about 10 minutes. (which isn't until later in the film)

:rotfl: Well it was the only one that they had in... :yuhup:... I tried looking for North by Northwest, but I had no luck :sigh:...

It was the scene in the train at the beginning of the film... it seemed a little slow.

Fawkesfan1 March 18th, 2012 7:04 pm

Finally saw Strangers on a Train :). It was worth the watch, liked the American version of it a little better though. The editing seemed to be a little better and made more sense in some parts.

lcbaseball22 March 18th, 2012 9:24 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 (Post 5992960)
Finally saw Strangers on a Train :). It was worth the watch, liked the American version of it a little better though. The editing seemed to be a little better and made more sense in some parts.

Which are you going to watch next? :p

Fawkesfan1 March 19th, 2012 9:35 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 (Post 5993026)
Which are you going to watch next? :p

:lol: I have a dvd of some more of his stuff at home, and I think it includes The 39 steps, which is about the only Hitchcock film my local library has, aside from Strangers on a Train. I'll have to go and rent some from my local video store when I can.

Jayce76 June 16th, 2012 11:25 pm

While not exactley a Hicthcock film, it's a film about Hitchcock. Thought this would be the place for it. Just read this at CinemaRoll Mag.

Scarlett Johansson set to star in Psycho!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2012...anson292_1.jpg

Apparently Scarlett Johansson is the next major star that has been recently attached to big screen film, Psycho.
Encase you werenít aware, the up coming film is about the making of Alfred Hitchcocks legendary 1960s suspense film, Psycho, simple entitled by the same name. Itís based on a bestselling . .

Read More at:
http://cinemaroll.com/cinemarolling/...#ixzz1xx0yPHQN

ccollinsmith June 17th, 2012 5:37 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayce76 (Post 6018267)
While not exactley a Hicthcock film, it's a film about Hitchcock. Thought this would be the place for it. Just read this at CinemaRoll Mag.
Scarlett Johansson set to star in Psycho!

She looks enough like Janet Leigh. Here are some thoughts on the credits...

Random thoughts based on the credits listed at IMDB:    

It's based on the Rebello book. I wonder if they used any of Janet Leigh's book as well.

They've cast for the parts of Ed Gein and Henry Gein. This indicates that they plan to go into the backstory behind the plot of Psycho - which does crop up in the Rebello book (and in pretty much any account of the making of Psycho). What's odd, though, is that they have not cast for the part of Robert Bloch - the writer who was inspired by the Ed Gein case to write the novel. This makes me wonder if they're going to present Psycho as having come straight from the mind of screenwriter Joseph Stefano and Alfred Hitchcock. That would suit Stefano's ego nicely. But it wouldn't do much for the truth. :shrug:

Helen Mirren is playing Alma Reville. So obviously, they're going to show us some of Hitchcock's home life - and almost certainly his working relationship with his wife (who was a film editor before he ever directed a film). Hitchcock always took his ideas home to Alma.

I think it's cool that they've cast for the parts of Saul Bass (title designer) and Bernard Herrmann (composer). Obviously, they'll go into some of the artistic details behind the production.

They've cast for the part of Pat Hitchcock, who did a scene early in the film with Janet Leigh. I'm wondering if Pat cooperated at all with the production. She loves to talk about her father's movies.

I find the choice of Scarlett Johanssen as Janet Leigh interesting. It makes me wonder how they're going to portray Janet Leigh. Leigh is actually one of the sweetest people I have ever met, and her warmth seemed absolutely authentic. I hope they don't turn her into some hard-as-nails Hollywood cutthroat prima donna.

Barbara_O July 20th, 2012 6:46 am

They're remaking Psycho?!?!? :wow:

Uh, I don't know how to react to that, really... IMHO, they are going to have to look far and wide to find someone to equal Tony Perkins. That last shot at the end where 'Mother' is looking at us through Norman's eyes and face.. truly chilling.