Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Wizengamot Administration Services (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   The International Magical Location Device (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=78686)

Morgoth November 28th, 2005 7:50 am

The International Magical Location Device

The title says it all!

...Actually, the title says "The International Magical Location Device" and probably needs an explantion from me.

Basically, one of our members, Tiberius wanted to see if we could have a poll on where you all live, not street address or anything like that, but country, continent. These types of stats are available to the admins but not widely available to anyone else and it would be good to see if our stats add up.

Generally the most users from one nation is the USA, followed by the UK, then Australia, Canada and Europe. This poll will see if that demographic has shifted at all in recent months.

Remember, we're asking for where you live now, not where you were born.

Please note - We do not wish you to give any more information in this thread, so do not fill the thread with personal details. They will be deleted. You are welcome to tell others what you voted for in this thread, but that is all.

Greeney November 28th, 2005 10:36 am

Could be a difference in the active users location than the total user location. :)

ginnybatbogeysyou November 28th, 2005 4:15 pm

Voted for the Netherlands. Funny to see the Dutchies make up the fourth biggest group now :)

Lucybird November 28th, 2005 4:42 pm

UK for me, in Wales at university, but England when I'm at home

IC_Thestrals November 28th, 2005 6:00 pm

US. I think I will see which place has no users and then I shall move there to give them a fighting chance....we have too many people here.

Scheherezade November 28th, 2005 6:12 pm

I voted other which = Trinidad in the Caribbean.

Besanamo November 28th, 2005 7:04 pm

I voted for Germany, even though I'm not living there right now. I lived there most of my life and I'll be moving back pretty soon. Can't wait!

Tiberius November 29th, 2005 4:10 am

Why do we have Oceania listed when it comprises mainly Australia and new Zealand, which are listed elsewhere in the list?

clarinetgirl November 29th, 2005 4:15 am

I'm from the US. On the forums I've seen almost as many UK people as US people, but UK only has 13% in this, while US has 51%. Maybe US users view this part of the forums more? I for one don't usually come here.

Scheherezade November 29th, 2005 4:26 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiberius
Why do we have Oceania listed when it comprises mainly Australia and new Zealand, which are listed elsewhere in the list?

Are there other countries in Oceania?

IC_Thestrals November 29th, 2005 4:39 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiberius

I thought this too but concluded that I may have been misinformed and let it go. Was I actually correct in my assumption or does Oceania include Papua New Guinea and other island nations?

Besanamo November 29th, 2005 4:45 am

We used to go to this site ( http://www.ilike2learn.com/ilike2learn/oceania.html ) in class and as you can see there are quite a few islands that belong to neither Australia or New Zealand in that region so I'm guessing those count towards Oceania, I might be mistaken though.

SiriusBlack22 November 29th, 2005 5:59 am

Usa.

AmeliaPotter November 29th, 2005 8:17 am

I live in Australia. I had guessed that most of the members would be from the USA, that's the way it is on most of the other boards I go to. I thought the UK would make up a bit more than that, though.

Atlas November 29th, 2005 8:33 am

Russia via the US and Team Aus... I would like to know where the person that voted other is from???

Hes November 29th, 2005 9:32 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlas
Russia via the US and Team Aus... I would like to know where the person that voted other is from???

The person who voted for other, comes from Trinidad (see post 6)

me_potter_fan November 29th, 2005 9:43 am

Australia

Tenshi November 29th, 2005 9:44 am

Voted for Germany. :D

Although only 4? :(

tapdancer_ November 29th, 2005 11:40 pm

VOTED FOR CANADA!

YEYE (but there is only like 5 votes)

Toppa November 30th, 2005 1:45 am

Er, well I only go to school in the US so I'll have to say where I'm from and that's Trinidad and Tobago. Quick question for the thread starter though, why isn't South Africa included in Africa and why isn't Israel being included the Middle East? :huh: