Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Computer & Video Games (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   The Legend of Zelda (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=112525)

wickedwickedboy October 5th, 2007 12:46 pm

The Legend of Zelda

This is likely my all time long running game. I like tons of other games, but whenever the Zeldas hit the market I am first at the counter to buy.

So are there any other Zelda fans out there? Which was your favorite game? Which incarnation of Link did you like the most?

I really thought Twilight Princess rocked. I loved the visual and the capability of play. I beat it 99%(couldn't get all of those balloons on the canoe the 3rd time round for some reason, close but not...). I liked the incarnations of Ganon in the final battle scenes and also the horseback battles were kick.
But my all time favorite is still OOT. I've re-played the regular and master quest games so many times I have lost count. For some reason I never seem to tire of it (after pauses). I guess it was the time travel aspect that I dug most. I think I like the Master Quest more, it is a little easier because there are not so many constant molestations and also because you don't have to carry Ruto around in Jabu Jabu's Belly for the most part and that was the biggest pain in the regular game imo.

Well anyway, just to get started...

snapegirl October 5th, 2007 1:49 pm

Re: The Legend of Zelda

:clap: I love Zelda and have been the biggest Zelda geek since I was 9 years old! It's my favorite video game series. (My friends joke that Link is my boyfriend :love:)

I think my favorite is OOT. But I really love them all for different reasons, it's hard to pick. The first one was so ground-breaking in so many ways. I played that game like mad and when I was a kid, I could beat the entire thing without stopping or dying. :D
I'm not sure with Link is my favorite, but the Wind Waker Link is cute. (The look on his face when his grandma gives him the Hero clothes is priceless :lol:) I know Wind Waker's look isn't a big fan favorite, but I liked it.
I have Twilight Princess for the Wii. It's fun to use the remote like a sword, but I don't like how the fishing controls were set-up. It takes me forever to catch a fish. The Ganon battle was great and the use of the sword while riding horseback was a nice addition.
Has anyone heard System of a Down's Legend of Zelda song? It's really funny.

Fawkesfan1 October 5th, 2007 10:08 pm

I'm kind of a Zelda fan, my first Zelda game that I ever played was Loz: Oracle of Ages. It was fun and challenging to play :D! I just got that new Zelda game that came out, Loz: Phantom Hourglass, and so far I like it. The graphics are very good and the game play is pretty smooth.

Anyone else get the new Zelda game?

If so what are your impressions of it so far?

cybobbie October 5th, 2007 11:33 pm

I'm a huge fan of Zelda!!! Have games from the first ones for nes and gameboy to the snes, N64 and GC games. I don;t have a Wii yet so I played Twilight Princess in the GC. My favorites, there are many, probably Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. I'm waiting for my birthday when I'll get the Phantom Hourglass!! I really love all of then, because they were the best in their time of release!

cardinalguy October 6th, 2007 4:07 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snapegirl77 (Post 4800771)

It is a funny song. However, it isn't by System of a Down. It was created by Joe Pleiman for his album The Rabbit Joint.

wickedwickedboy October 6th, 2007 4:18 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snapegirl77 (Post 4800771)
:clap: I love Zelda and have been the biggest Zelda geek since I was 9 years old! It's my favorite video game series. (My friends joke that Link is my boyfriend :love:)

I think my favorite is OOT. But I really love them all for different reasons, it's hard to pick. The first one was so ground-breaking in so many ways. I played that game like mad and when I was a kid, I could beat the entire thing without stopping or dying. :D
I'm not sure with Link is my favorite, but the Wind Waker Link is cute. (The look on his face when his grandma gives him the Hero clothes is priceless :lol:) I know Wind Waker's look isn't a big fan favorite, but I liked it.
I have Twilight Princess for the Wii. It's fun to use the remote like a sword, but I don't like how the fishing controls were set-up. It takes me forever to catch a fish. The Ganon battle was great and the use of the sword while riding horseback was a nice addition.

I dug Windwaker - 2nd time thru in pajamas :lol:
Actually it has one of my all time favorite Z tunes incorporated in the games - the music playing at Dragon Roost Island. I used to just warp there in between stuff to listen to the music. Another fav was 'calling the gods' I think it is called from Majora's - dang that was awesome when you come back down from the sky after defeating Ganon and that music starts up - it happens when they meet to support also - I loved that tune, made me feel like I was in the midst of a movie (course I was on my dad's supported big screen which made it rock even more - but I like the tune anyway.)

I don't have a Wii yet either, I am still on GC, but I love so many GC games I'm ok until they force me to buy it.

Oh and me - Dark Link all the way!

snapegirl October 6th, 2007 3:28 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalguy (Post 4801846)
It is a funny song. However, it isn't by System of a Down. It was created by Joe Pleiman for his album The Rabbit Joint.

I did a search on youtube for System of a Down and the Legend of Zelda. Here's a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lowUkE1BsYI
I'm a huge System fan and that's totally Serge's (the singer) voice.:tu:

cardinalguy October 7th, 2007 2:28 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snapegirl77 (Post 4802268)
I did a search on youtube for System of a Down and the Legend of Zelda. Here's a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lowUkE1BsYI
I'm a huge System fan and that's totally Serge's (the singer) voice.:tu:

Here's another link.

And another.

snapegirl October 7th, 2007 4:39 pm

Wow, I never about that.
That's very strange, this song sounds a lot like them.

HouseStark October 9th, 2007 3:01 am

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time, and I will always argue that it is the best game ever made.

Guilhe October 16th, 2007 7:50 pm

I really liked Twilight Princess, altought I thought it was too easy, never had to stop for a while to think (while as in 1-2 weeks not 30 minutes]. That was also my problem with WindWaker.

I was used to take forever to finish Zelda and these two last games were in my opinion too easy/short. However this maybe due to the fact that in the games before I couldn't read English so it took me a lot of time to finish them as many times it was a matter of luck.Not to mention I could only play Ocarina 1 weekend every two weeks so sometimes I could be up to one month running from one place to another to see if something had changed somewhere.Now I always know where to go next (because someone always tells you) so it's much quicker.

Anyway, best games for me would be Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

Sorafune October 17th, 2007 4:29 pm

I love Zelda ♥♥♥ The best games ever. Twilight Princess was a great game but I personally think that it could have been a lot better and the game was too easy to beat and wish that it could have been a bit longer.

My favorite Zelda game of all time is A Link to the Past and OotP is second ♥♥♥ I'm looking forward to Phantom Hourglass. I'm so getting that game when it gets release here on friday. I loved Wind Waker so this game's just got to be as good.

wickedwickedboy October 27th, 2007 8:43 pm

TP was easy I agree, but I loved the graphics and I really liked the fight capability with the Hidden Skills and such in comparison to the past. Link was so much more controllable in that regard. The Darknuts in the Cave of Ordeals (the four at the end) were pretty cool, taking them down using just the Hidden Skills was actually pretty difficult I thought. The first time I used arrows and shot their armor off first, but after that I just jumped down and went at them with the skills and it was a blast. Although I really hated the freezards, I worked out taking them out with the ball and chain (last), but I couldn't get it done with less that three hearts. But the cave over all was more fun if you just jumped down and went for it. Shooting from the ledge was easier and you kept all your hearts, but it was too easy that way to me.

guinevere_wood November 1st, 2007 6:35 am

I loved Twilight Princess for the Wii. There's just something special about almost hitting your best friend in the face with the controller. :rotfl:

I thought WindWaker was easy, and I ADORE Ocarina of Time.

Fawkesfan1 November 3rd, 2007 9:43 pm

I'm in the middle of playing Phantom Hourglass, and so far -- I've had fun! :) The gameplay is pretty smooth, the graphics are crisp and the humor is spread throughout. Way to go, Nintendo :D!

cybobbie November 9th, 2007 3:40 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 (Post 4833027)
I'm in the middle of playing Phantom Hourglass, and so far -- I've had fun! :) The gameplay is pretty smooth, the graphics are crisp and the humor is spread throughout. Way to go, Nintendo :D!

I'm playing it too. I'm at the begining though (I'm heading to the Isle of Gust). At first I had a bit of hard time controling the boomerang and to roll, but after you get the touch it's really great! I agree with you about the sense of humor, there are some funny characters and Linebeck is really a piece of work!!

Fawkesfan1 November 9th, 2007 4:08 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybobbie (Post 4837931)
I'm playing it too. I'm at the begining though (I'm heading to the Isle of Gust). At first I had a bit of hard time controling the boomerang and to roll, but after you get the touch it's really great! I agree with you about the sense of humor, there are some funny characters and Linebeck is really a piece of work!!

I did as well -- those controls took a little more time to get used to. Yea I know, whoever did the localization and the voiceover work on the game, did a very good job on it :D :clap:!!

cybobbie November 9th, 2007 4:16 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 (Post 4837951)
I did as well -- those controls took a little more time to get used to. Yea I know, whoever did the localization and the voiceover work on the game, did a very good job on it :D :clap:!!

Yes Nintendo really did a great job with this game!! I'm loving it and it is keeping awake till too late (since I can only play it late after work and home duties :lol:). I also laughed at some moments when I was stuck because I didn't know that I had to blow to clean something (the map) or put out the fire, or call a character!! Another feature that I like is that you can make notes on the map! It's really interactive all the way!

Fawkesfan1 November 9th, 2007 4:22 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybobbie (Post 4837953)
Yes Nintendo really did a great job with this game!! I'm loving it and it is keeping awake till too late (since I can only play it late after work and home duties :lol:). I also laughed at some moments when I was stuck because I didn't know that I had to blow to clean something (the map) or put out the fire, or call a character!! Another feature that I like is that you can make notes on the map! It's really interactive all the way!

Yea I know, all of the interactivity in the game itself is part of what makes the game so fun. It brings the gamer into the game and makes it that much better to play. I'm so glad that Nintendo did this -- it really brings out some of the best features of the DS :).

snapegirl November 9th, 2007 1:30 pm

Is anyone else getting the Wii gun with the Zelda target shooting game? I pre-ordered one from Amazon. It will be released on the 19th. Although it's not a "true" Zelda game, it looks like a lot of fun and there are Zelda villians to fight. The game looks like Twilight Princess era Zelda.