Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Wizengamot Administration Services (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Comments on: Signatures (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=66794)

Morgoth August 4th, 2005 8:39 pm

Comments on: Signatures

Please note, this thread is not to be confused with the signature hosting thread, where you can only specifically post your image.

Official Admin Sponsor(s): lanifiel

This thread is for discussions on anything to do with signatures barring more specific issues related to technical problems.

You may also notice at the top of each forum is the official Admin Sponsor(s). Basically when an Administrator replies to this thread he or she will write in bold red Official Response on [subject]. For example, a person may ask about what is appropriate for a signature, so an admin would respond in such a manner:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanifiel
Official Response on Signature Content

The rule is blah blah blah...

This is to be taken as gospel and staff members will reply quoting this with any elaborations necessary at the time.

The official response will only ever be superceeded by an updated response to the original. You may however see other official responses but concerning different topics. Redundant responses will be deleted in place of new ones. A tally of our responses will be kept in a staff area.

Once an official response has been made it is the end of the matter and any further attempts to continue the discussion will be met with post deletion.

Staff members may of course reply to people until an official response is made by an Admin.

Thank you.

catbird October 8th, 2005 6:00 pm

When I tried to upload my picture an error occurred. The file was too large, the limit was 100.0KB, and my file is 168.1KB. I am sure the size is less than 300x300 pixels; I'm not sure if that is related. How can I fix this?

treebs October 8th, 2005 6:32 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by nowhere
When I tried to upload my picture an error occurred. The file was too large, the limit was 100.0KB, and my file is 168.1KB. I am sure the size is less than 300x300 pixels; I'm not sure if that is related. How can I fix this?

-You can change the size till it's less than or equal 100KB.
(if you're not having the software sources, there's a list of programmes here)
- You can get an account at one of the free-image hosting sites, upload the pic there (make sure that hotlinking is allowed!) and then link to the picture url you get there. (a whole list of various free image hosting sites)
:)

random_musing October 9th, 2005 1:17 am

The number of lines for text on my signature is 7 for me and others I've asked, though many keep telling me that the number of lines in my signature are too much. Is it just the way they're viewing the forums or what?

Vita October 9th, 2005 4:08 am

I get seven lines of text random_musing. Perhaps it's their monitor size or that they are viewing the forums in a different style than us.

mugglenetkid2 October 9th, 2005 4:47 am

This is an avatar related question, so I guess I can ask it here...
Another member mentioned that you can get two avatars, one when you get accepted into Hogsmeade and another when you become a Professor. Not sure what he means, so can someone possibly clarify this? I've only ever seen one avatar per Hogsmeade member or Prefect.

Greeney October 9th, 2005 5:06 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugglenetkid2
This is an avatar related question, so I guess I can ask it here...
Another member mentioned that you can get two avatars, one when you get accepted into Hogsmeade and another when you become a Professor. Not sure what he means, so can someone possibly clarify this? I've only ever seen one avatar per Hogsmeade member or Prefect.

I believe the second one is in the public profile.
e.g. Jessica

mugglenetkid2 October 9th, 2005 5:11 am

Ohhh, I though that was an "I'm away" thing. Thanks then :)

anabel October 9th, 2005 10:41 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by random_musing
The number of lines for text on my signature is 7 for me and others I've asked, though many keep telling me that the number of lines in my signature are too much. Is it just the way they're viewing the forums or what?

I can see 10 lines, but thats on an 800x600 screen resolution - it would be less for most people.

MWPP October 19th, 2005 8:25 pm

Could I put a link in my sig to a site kind of like an ebay for children but you use things called Swapits instead of money?

Lucybird October 19th, 2005 8:47 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by anabel
I can see 10 lines, but thats on an 800x600 screen resolution - it would be less for most people.

I see 7 but I'm on COSexpanded

lanifiel October 19th, 2005 9:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWPP
Could I put a link in my sig to a site kind of like an ebay for children but you use things called Swapits instead of money?

I dont have a problem with it so long as money does not change hands...

MWPP October 19th, 2005 9:14 pm

Nope not a penny.

IC_Thestrals October 22nd, 2005 2:47 am

I posted this question in the signature hosting thread but maybe this is a better place for it (I know, I am causing trouble again but I just can't help myself.) I have this funny feeling the answer is no but you don't really know till you ask right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IC_Thestrals
lanifiel sir...I have a question!

I have an animated gif (its small) that I made of an exploding toilet. The toilet explodes about every 3 minutes or so and then resets. It is none too graphic and is definately not detailed. I was wondering if this violates the signature content policy as I didn't see anything in there regading animated feces flying out of a commode?

I would attach it but I don't want to get in trouble for doing so if it violates the policy.

rotsiepots October 22nd, 2005 5:18 am

Please PM the picture to an admin and we'll make a decision then. It's hard to tell based on your description.

IC_Thestrals October 22nd, 2005 2:57 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotsiepots
Please PM the picture to an admin and we'll make a decision then. It's hard to tell based on your description.

Will do, I have to reset the time so your not sitting there for 3 minutes waiting for a seconds worth of expolosion. When I do, one of you will get it. Like I said, I thinks you will say no but perhaps you'll get a quick laugh out of it anyway. Thank you and I get it to you shortly.

marebear02 October 24th, 2005 5:04 am

How can I put the highlighting around the text in my signature? I had it at one time but then my all my quotes got deleted back when there was the HBP spoiler ban. Please help me out. Thanks.

Jinxie Cat October 24th, 2005 5:06 am

You mean you want your text to glow? The code for that can be found in here. :D

PhoenixUK October 24th, 2005 12:56 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinxie Cat
You mean you want your text to glow? The code for that can be found in here. :D

Though it only works in Internet Explorer, people using other browsers such as Firefox will just see plain text.

Pegasus October 24th, 2005 3:45 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoenixUK
Though it only works in Internet Explorer, people using other browsers such as Firefox will just see plain text.

It's not just my computer, then! I remember getting irritated the first time I used Firefox because my signature didn't work right. I thought it was something wrong with my computer.
Why does the "glow code" only work with Explorer?