Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=123339)

mollypotter October 31st, 2011 4:33 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie330 (Post 5916697)
Great. I could do with A HP movie marathon.

I can't even really watch them unless they're on abc. I even know when the commercial breaks are I've watched them so much.:D And they're finally premiering ootp on December fourth! Whoop whoop!

brattyc November 1st, 2011 10:42 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollypotter (Post 5917773)
I can't even really watch them unless they're on abc. I even know when the commercial breaks are I've watched them so much.:D And they're finally premiering ootp on December fourth! Whoop whoop!

I think you mean Half Blood Prince in December ;) I can't wait either, hopefully it'll be the extended version.

Here’s the schedule for the HP marathon that will be on ABC Family, all times listed will be Eastern time. :)

Wednesday - November 9th
Sorcerer’s Stone - 7:30 – 11 pm

Thursday – November 10th
Sorcerer’s Stone - 3:30 – 7 pm
Chamber of Secrets - 7-11 pm

Friday – November 11th
Chambers of Secrets - 4- 8 pm
Prisoner of Azkaban - 8-11 pm

Saturday – November 12th
Sorcerer’s Stone - 9 am - 12:30
Chamber of Secrets - 12:30- 4:30 pm
Prisoner of Azkaban - 4:30 - 7:30
Goblet of Fire - 7:30 - 11 pm

Sunday- November 13th
Sorcerer’s Stone - 7:00 am - 10:30
Chamber of Secrets - 10:30 - 2:30 pm

Prisoner of Azkaban - 2:30 - 5:30 pm
Goblet of Fire - 5:30 - 9:00 pm
Order of the Phoenix - 9- 12 (midnight)

Monday – November 14th
Order of the Phoenix 6-9 pm

eddie330 November 1st, 2011 11:32 pm

Hopefully I'll remeber to watch this one...

mollypotter November 2nd, 2011 4:35 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by brattyc (Post 5918891)
I think you mean Half Blood Prince in December ;) I can't wait either, hopefully it'll be the extended version.

Here’s the schedule for the HP marathon that will be on ABC Family, all times listed will be Eastern time. :)

Wednesday - November 9th
Sorcerer’s Stone - 7:30 – 11 pm

Thursday – November 10th
Sorcerer’s Stone - 3:30 – 7 pm
Chamber of Secrets - 7-11 pm

Friday – November 11th
Chambers of Secrets - 4- 8 pm
Prisoner of Azkaban - 8-11 pm

Saturday – November 12th
Sorcerer’s Stone - 9 am - 12:30
Chamber of Secrets - 12:30- 4:30 pm
Prisoner of Azkaban - 4:30 - 7:30
Goblet of Fire - 7:30 - 11 pm

Sunday- November 13th
Sorcerer’s Stone - 7:00 am - 10:30
Chamber of Secrets - 10:30 - 2:30 pm

Prisoner of Azkaban - 2:30 - 5:30 pm
Goblet of Fire - 5:30 - 9:00 pm
Order of the Phoenix - 9- 12 (midnight)

Monday – November 14th
Order of the Phoenix 6-9 pm

Agh, yes, I can be such a dolt! That is what I meant.
Thanks for the schedule! Where can I find it again, just in case?

MinervasCat November 2nd, 2011 5:39 pm

I love the ABC Family extended versions of the HP movies. SS, along with Dudley's Smeltings uniform and the eggs and additional owl and letter scenes, has the scene where Snape pulls his chair up and sits facing Harry, giving him all of the answers to the questions he's just asked him in the initial Potions lesson.

Love the deleted scenes from CoS, just a few seconds with Dobby and the pudding, are so funny. Plus, other bits, like the whole scene with the Malfoys in Borgen and Burkes.

Also love the added scenes in PoA and GoF. Just a 5-10 second scene can go so far to tie other scenes together and make the movie really flow nicely. (I really learned this watching the theater and extended versions of LotR). You'd think for a total of less than ten minutes per movie they could have left those scenes in. Not a big deal and most of them add so much.

Not impressed the time I saw the extended version of OotP (my least favorite movie) because there wasn't much more than Umbridge's confession that she hated children. Not much of substance in that one.

I'll just set my DVR and get all five on November 13th, the HBP in December. I hope they do the deleted scenes from it. I've wanted to see the entire scene of Snape with the choir singing in the background, in context with the movie, ever since I saw the clip of it on YouTube. I love that scene. It's so beautiful. And, it's echoed in the opening scene of DH 2. Snape standing in almost the same place, but with the changed Hogwarts at his feet. What a difference.

DH 2 (theater version) comes out 11/11/11, as does a whole set with all eight moves in it, but all theater versions. The only two I can find that have additional time and scenes listed on them on DVD are SS and CoS. The rest, even individually, seem to just the the theater cut. They have "deleted scenes" on another disc. But, I want to see the IN the movie, not separately.

I'm assuming these are being shown in coordination with the release of DH 2, as they're starting on the 9th. But, I hope the showing of all the films (and, hopefully all extended versions someday) will be an annual thing for ABC Family from now on. I think it's great and introduces so many new fans to Harry Potter.

brattyc November 9th, 2011 10:15 am

Just a bump to remind everyone that the HP marathon starts tonight at 7:30 pm (Eastern) :clap:

MerryLore November 9th, 2011 2:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinervasCat (Post 5919397)
the scene where Snape pulls his chair up and sits facing Harry, giving him all of the answers to the questions he's just asked him in the initial Potions lesson.

This is one of my fave deleted scenes from ABC Family. My fave Fam movie is GoF - first, when Beaubaton and Durmstrang make their impressive entrances into the Great Hall, and Hogwarts follows up with the school song. I laugh every time at people's responses, esp. Draco's. It's as if people are trying very hard to be kind....

Also love the scene where Karkaroff corners Snape during the Yule Ball, and we see Moody and Harry over hearing it. It underscores how Snape had to be careful at all times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinervasCat (Post 5919397)
I'll just set my DVR and get all five on November 13th, the HBP in December. I hope they do the deleted scenes from it. I've wanted to see the entire scene of Snape with the choir singing in the background, in context with the movie, ever since I saw the clip of it on YouTube.

I never thought of this. I really hope Fam restores this scene!

Definitely think Fam has better versions of the movies than the DVDs. I just hope they don't decide to "retire" them and release them only occasionally like WB seems to be doing with the DVDs. I'm going to DVR them as well.

Thanks for the reminder, brattyc!

Queen of Wise November 9th, 2011 3:05 pm

I think I will DVR them too, I never knew they had additional footage not on the DVD's! I will have to pay more attention. I always assumed that because they were on tv that there would be more footage cut to make it fit in the time slot but I underestimated this time. Thanks for the heads up guys!

m051293 November 11th, 2011 12:24 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of Wise (Post 5925391)
I think I will DVR them too, I never knew they had additional footage not on the DVD's! I will have to pay more attention. I always assumed that because they were on tv that there would be more footage cut to make it fit in the time slot but I underestimated this time. Thanks for the heads up guys!

They've just added in the deleted scenes that are included in the Special Editions. It is not unseen footage, they're all scenes we've seen before.

Jack5555 November 12th, 2011 3:40 am

I wonder which HBP scenes they will add back in. Although it is an amazing scene, the way "In Noctem" is cut, and with the music, it might be hard to add it back in easily. But several of the others fit in alright, so it will be nice to see.

ArryGrotter November 12th, 2011 5:32 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5927758)
I wonder which HBP scenes they will add back in. Although it is an amazing scene, the way "In Noctem" is cut, and with the music, it might be hard to add it back in easily. But several of the others fit in alright, so it will be nice to see.

Yeah, I recently decided to make my only extended version of HBP and In Noctem gave me the most headaches. The fact that the deleted scene starts part way through the song is a bit irritating. :shrug:

MsBinns November 14th, 2011 1:20 am

I'm watching Goblet of Fire and the scene where Snape confronts Harry about stealing ingredients got cut off right after he says "lacewing flies". There was just an abrupt door slam before he actually accused Harry of brewing polyjuice potion. Very odd....

Has anyone noticed this before in the ABC Family version of this film?

Fury November 14th, 2011 1:23 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsBinns (Post 5929582)
I'm watching Goblet of Fire and the scene where Snape confronts Harry about stealing ingredients got cut off right after he says "lacewing flies". There was just an abrupt door slam before he actually accused Harry of brewing polyjuice potion. Very odd....

Yeah, they do that every time, because the next scene (the deleted scene) talks about the Polyjuice Potion there.

MerryLore November 14th, 2011 1:23 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsBinns (Post 5929582)

This is how it's done in the Fam version, with Hermione telling Harry Snape thinks he's brewing Polyjuice Potion.

In the DVD version, Snape accuses Harry of brewing Polyjuice Potion, and the scene with Hermione isn't there.

MsBinns November 14th, 2011 1:36 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryLore (Post 5929587)
This is how it's done in the Fam version, with Hermione telling Harry Snape thinks he's brewing Polyjuice Potion.

In the DVD version, Snape accuses Harry of brewing Polyjuice Potion, and the scene with Hermione isn't there.

I totally missed that was an added scene (that'll teach me to grade papers and watch HP at the same time). This is the first time I've watched the ABC version of this film. Time to rewind my DVR!

Thanks, guys!

m051293 November 14th, 2011 1:42 am

I believe after the scene where Harry tells Ron and Hermione about Snape's accusation is where the meeting Sirius scene that was filmed was supposed to be, and then it was cut out and it looks a little choppy there.

ArryGrotter November 14th, 2011 2:35 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by m051293 (Post 5929597)
I believe after the scene where Harry tells Ron and Hermione about Snape's accusation is where the meeting Sirius scene that was filmed was supposed to be, and then it was cut out and it looks a little choppy there.

Where did you hear that scene was filmed? Because the only work Gary Oldman did on GoF was the fireplace scene.

BubblyShell22 November 14th, 2011 3:24 pm

I can't wait to see HBP on ABC Family and to see what deleted scenes they put in. I'm sure it'll be awesome.

brattyc November 21st, 2011 9:30 pm

Here’s the schedule for the HP marathon that will be on ABC Family for the 25 Days of Christmas, all times listed will be Eastern time. :D

Saturday – December 3rd
Sorcerer’s Stone - 7 am - 10:30
Chamber of Secrets - 10:30- 2:30 pm
Prisoner of Azkaban - 2:30 - 5:30
Goblet of Fire - 5:30 - 9 pm
Order of the Phoenix - 9 pm – 12 (midnight)

Sunday- December 4th
Chamber of Secrets - 7:00 am - 11
Prisoner of Azkaban - 11 am – 2 pm
Goblet of Fire - 2 pm – 5:30
Order of the Phoenix - 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Half Blood Prince – 8:30 pm - 12 (midnight)

Monday – December 5th
Half Blood Prince - 2:30 pm – 6:00

HpScr1bePhan November 21st, 2011 9:36 pm

i'm glad they are finally premiering 'Half Blood Prince' it will be an epic day when they post DH parts 1 and 2. i love how they are always having HP marathons :)