Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=123339)

AccioHP February 10th, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies

Cool that OoTP is finally airing on tv.
I wish it was on ABC Family though but I guess that will be next. Hopefully when it airs on ABC Family it will be the extended version! :)

I turned on SS when it was playing on ABC last weekend and it was the Ollivander's scene and Harry picked up one wand which didn't work and then the next one was miraculously his lol They cut out the 2nd attempt lol

snapes_witch February 10th, 2010 10:19 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccioHP (Post 5495241)
Cool that OoTP is finally airing on tv.
I wish it was on ABC Family though but I guess that will be next. Hopefully when it airs on ABC Family it will be the extended version! :)

I turned on SS when it was playing on ABC last weekend and it was the Ollivander's scene and Harry picked up one wand which didn't work and then the next one was miraculously his lol They cut out the 2nd attempt lol

I thought that scene was odd!

The first cut was Hermione telling Ron he had dirt on his nose (on the train as she's leaving their compartment).

Figuring the actual running time of SS, 152 min., there's 28 min. left for commercials, but with the cuts that's probably more like over 30. OotP is such a lousy movie to begin with (IMO), I'd hate to think what the ABC version is going to be like.

decarus February 10th, 2010 10:38 pm

They cut the ends of scenes a lot when they play it on ABC. It is almost unbearable, in my opinion. Especially when i can just watch it on dvd.

MasterOfDeath February 10th, 2010 10:42 pm

Yeah, it makes me wonder how they will do OOTP. The film is already short and choppy enough as it is! :lol:

decarus February 11th, 2010 1:20 am

That's a good point. There are no ends to chop off for OotP. I don't know what they'll do. All i know is that SS was unbearable to watch on ABC the other day. I changed the channel when i saw it as i was flipping through.

MasterOfDeath February 11th, 2010 1:23 am

It wasn't just PS/SS. I've watched COS, POA and GOF on ABC for the past couple of years and they are all chopped up.

HedwigOwl February 12th, 2010 6:20 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath (Post 5495325)
It wasn't just PS/SS. I've watched COS, POA and GOF on ABC for the past couple of years and they are all chopped up.

Yep, that is so very annoying. Makes me appreciate my DVD's even more....

Jack5555 February 19th, 2010 11:04 pm

~POTTER ALERT~
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban will be airing on ABC on Saturday, February 20th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. EST.

And don't forget about Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on February 27th on ABC at 8:00 p.m.

snapes_witch February 20th, 2010 4:03 am

The editing of CoS was terrible. The movie jumps from the Burrow directly to the bookstore with Lockhart. There's Harry with ashes all over his face without any explanation! :no::no:

Slartibartfast February 20th, 2010 4:09 am

I watched CoS on ABC once. I noticed there was a few extra scenes and i was intrigued. However i just cannot stomach the commercials and the edits. D:
I so want those Ultimate Editions though...

Jack5555 February 20th, 2010 5:27 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slartibartfast (Post 5499112)
I watched CoS on ABC once. I noticed there was a few extra scenes and i was intrigued. However i just cannot stomach the commercials and the edits. D:
I so want those Ultimate Editions though...

They are worth every penny :). I cherish them like I would a puppy.

Jack5555 March 3rd, 2010 9:49 pm

~POTTER ALERT!~
THESE ARE ALL ON ABC FAMILY

Friday, March 19th
(7:30 11:00 PM ET/PT) "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"

Saturday, March 20th
(9:00 AM 12:30 PM ET/PT) "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"
(12:30 4:30 PM ET/PT) "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets"
(4:30 7:30 PM ET/PT) "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"
(7:30 11:00 PM ET/PT) "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"

Sunday, March 21st
(9:30 AM 1:30 PM ET/PT) "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets"
(1:30 4:30 PM ET/PT) "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"
(4:30 8:00 PM ET/PT) "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"
(8:00 11:00 PM ET/PT) "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"

DARN MY LIFE! I will be in Chicago this weekend :(.

Fury March 17th, 2010 1:31 am

So there was a commercial on ABC Family that they are going to show all the movies (1-5) between Thursday and Sunday, but...

They also said there would be a World Premiere trailer for Deathly Hallows.

Now, what are the chances that this will be a new trailer, and not the one that was on the HBP DVD?

weasley9 March 17th, 2010 1:46 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fury (Post 5509896)
So there was a commercial on ABC Family that they are going to show all the movies (1-5) between Thursday and Sunday, but...

They also said there would be a World Premiere trailer for Deathly Hallows.

Now, what are the chances that this will be a new trailer, and not the one that was on the HBP DVD?

I believe that Snitch Seeker has already confirmed that is in fact the one on the DVD.

Nagini001 March 17th, 2010 2:24 am

This weekend starting thurs is Harry Potter weekend on ABC and there are suppose to be clips of DH!

Fury March 17th, 2010 2:32 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagini001 (Post 5509922)
This weekend starting thurs is Harry Potter weekend on ABC and there are suppose to be clips of DH!

Just posted that on here :). The clips of DH are the ones from the HBP DVD.

I saw on a site, it says...

Quote:

Along with a weekend full of wizarding fun, ABC Family will be premiering a two-minute never-seen-before on television sneak peek of the upcoming film "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" throughout the weekend event.
"Never-seen-before on television" is the most obvious bit there.

AccioHP March 19th, 2010 8:08 pm

Is the extended OoTP on ABC Fam just the deleted scenes added in? Or will there be more that we havent seen possibly?

MasterOfDeath March 19th, 2010 8:19 pm

Who knows if they extended OOTP at all yet. It took about 2 years after GOF first aired on ABC family for them to put the deleted/extended scenes from the DVD back in. I'm not getting my hopes up that OOTP was extended.

Unless since OOTP is Yates's film, it was easier to get the OKAY from him to extend? GOF was Mike Newell who has left the franchise so perhaps it was more difficult to get his permission to extend it? Does anyone know if PS/SS and COS were extended the first time they aired on ABC family?

Slartibartfast March 21st, 2010 12:03 am

They said OotP was to have "never before seen in theaters" scenes in it. Also ive seen the snippits of the DH stuff in commercials. Im watching CoS right now.

LordThingy March 22nd, 2010 1:49 am

i'm looking forward to seeing the deleted scenes added in to Order of the Phoenix! I don't know how reliable this is, but ABC Family has it showing from 8-11 (3 hours) and they only had 2 1/2 hours alotted for GoF.