Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Anime (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Bleach: The Manga and Anime (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=96645)

TheRealDJ April 14th, 2007 9:57 pm

Re: Bleach: The Manga and Anime

With the manga, though not a big deal, I'd ask for spoiler tags just so for us anime fans and the story doesn't get ruined.

I'm also curious about tousen and grimmjaw. Maybe the shinigami who went to their side have some sort of leverage over them. Like in creating the arrancar, they have some sort of control over them in a built in weakness.

Alfonzo April 15th, 2007 12:51 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by godrics hollow (Post 4456927)
OMG! i LOVED the latest episode! I basically called everything but it was still awsome... im kinda amazed that Tousen (is that his name) can so easily control Grimjaw when GRIMJAW > ICHIGO > ZARAKI > TOUSEN ... kinda odd don't you think?

ooo... in the preview for next episodes seems like ichigo is finally going to go for some vaizard training! wewt!

I think it was one of my most favourite eps. The animation was amazing - it looked and felt more like an anime film to me than an anime ep. The scene repetition annoyed me though (GJ walking and high speed Ichi punching). Tousen and Gin ultimately have authority over the arrancar because they are Aizen's left and right hand men, put simply. Ichigo's in for some crazy training I'll tell you that :P.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicianGirl (Post 4457108)
Are we allowed to post spoilers? But, ch. 270 was a controversial chapter in terms of shipping.:lol: The fanclubs at Bleachforums for both IchiRuki and IchiHime ships went wild because of one Ichigo moment before he fights Ulquiorra.

Yeah! Good chapter. Poor Ichigo though..especially when he learns Ulquiorra's rank with the Espada.

Yeah, but you'll have to use the spoiler tags: [*SPOILER][/*SPOILER] without the *

Spoiler: show
I didn't catch the shippyness... I'll read it again like. Ichigo now seems pretty screwed eh? I can't imagine how he could beat the top 4 espada and Aizen/Gin/Tousen. I want Urahara, Isshin, Ryuuken and Yamamoto and Yoruichi to fight properly. If they came along for the ride that would make things VERY interesting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealDJ (Post 4457241)
With the manga, though not a big deal, I'd ask for spoiler tags just so for us anime fans and the story doesn't get ruined.

I'm also curious about tousen and grimmjaw. Maybe the shinigami who went to their side have some sort of leverage over them. Like in creating the arrancar, they have some sort of control over them in a built in weakness.

No worries ;). As for control, Aizen and Gin were Aizen's accomplices, so naturally they have power over the others. Also, I think Gin would possibly be stronger than a lot of the arrancar anyway... he's pretty darn powerful.

godrics hollow April 15th, 2007 4:43 am

Quote:

While Bleach is missed this week you may want to discuss Deathnote in a thread for it's own to allow others to stay on Bleach? Feel free to continue here, if you see any connections, though.
k guys... if theres a week they dont make a bleach episode.. the codeword is SHINIGAMI, discuss deathnote after u say it ;)

was there a specific reason why they have weeks where they just dont make an episode?

TheRealDJ April 15th, 2007 9:06 am

Could always take a vacation for a week. I mean a 22 minute episode every week is really hard to do. With Simpsons I think it takes about 9 months to make each episode from beginning to end. And thats for 23 episodes. For an anime to do just about every week of the year, is very impressive. So it could've also been more time spent on the animation quality as well.

Alfonzo April 15th, 2007 11:20 pm

I think that there was a gap to perfect the episode. As DJ said it was probably due to the quality of the animation, which was immense.

SSJ_Jup81 April 15th, 2007 11:23 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by godrics hollow (Post 4458035)
k guys... if theres a week they dont make a bleach episode.. the codeword is SHINIGAMI, discuss deathnote after u say it ;)

There's not really much reason to discuss it. Someone asked for an alternative series to watch, and Deathnote was suggested. That's pretty much the entire conversation.

godrics hollow April 16th, 2007 3:52 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 (Post 4459649)
There's not really much reason to discuss it. Someone asked for an alternative series to watch, and Deathnote was suggested. That's pretty much the entire conversation.

it was just a bad joke >_<

but yah the quality of last weeks ep really was amazing... i was kinda hoping for ichigo to come to some realization that love is the key to victory and all of a sudden catch grimjaw's arm and blow half of him into oblivion...

alas... the days of instant powerleveling are over... :no:

TheRealDJ April 16th, 2007 4:00 am

I do have to say on a side note, that Death Note is utterly Fantastic. I've watched 22 episodes in the last day.
But yeah can't wait to see the bleach training episodes, I'm always a sucker for training because then I want to go workout.

godrics hollow April 17th, 2007 12:38 am

work out and learn to conquer the evil spirit of immense power that is within u? go for it let me know how it turns out ;)

TheRealDJ April 17th, 2007 7:55 am

Well I have to watch that part first. But before with things like, if you want to attack someone, think to yourself "I will cut him!" helped a bunch with fencing.

SSJ_Jup81 April 17th, 2007 1:52 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by godrics hollow (Post 4460062)
it was just a bad joke >_<

Oops, sorry about that. It's hard to determine that type of thing when online. ^^;

MagicianGirl April 17th, 2007 9:53 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfonzo (Post 4457587)
I didn't catch the shippyness... I'll read it again like. Ichigo now seems pretty screwed eh? I can't imagine how he could beat the top 4 espada and Aizen/Gin/Tousen. I want Urahara, Isshin, Ryuuken and Yamamoto and Yoruichi to fight properly. If they came along for the ride that would make things VERY interesting...

I think that Ichigo can go head to head against Gin and Tousen because I don't think they're that much stronger than Byakuya. I think because Ichigo is like a hybrid with his Vaizard capabilities that make him a tad stronger than the shinigami captains. Aizen is another matter. This guy is pretty cunning and I think the only one who could beat this him when it comes to mind games is Urahara. Yeah, I want to see Isshin, Ryuuken and Yoruichi fight properly as well.

I think that we will see Shirosaki taking over Ichigo again because the way Ichigo's fight with Ulquiorra is going he might become desperate especially with Rukia lying elsewhere almost on the brink of death.

I also wish that Rukia didn't get skewered again. I so wanted her to kick #9's behind but she got pwned again.

godrics hollow April 19th, 2007 12:25 am

is it me or is rukia altogether far too weak... she reminds me alot of sakura... like i mean Grimjaw skewered her with his fingers.... she didnt even move a muscle... thats no fun at all!

TheRealDJ April 19th, 2007 4:41 am

Actually, considering she was originally defeated by a normal hollow, I personally think she's far too strong as she is now.

On a side note, that latest episode rocked my socks off. Well the theory that tousen isn't more powerful than before is blown out of the water. I mean where Ichigo was struggling the entire fight to land a scratch on Grimmjaw, Tousen cuts off his arm in a single slash and destroys it with a single spell.

MagicianGirl April 19th, 2007 9:46 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by godrics hollow (Post 4465761)
is it me or is rukia altogether far too weak... she reminds me alot of sakura... like i mean Grimjaw skewered her with his fingers.... she didnt even move a muscle... thats no fun at all!

I agree with you. Rukia is not that strong. I think when it comes to strength she's probably mid-level. Most of the time when fights someone she ended up getting pwned! I like Rukia and all, but I think it's funny when some fans put her on the same level of Ichigo or even Renji when it comes to strength. Rukia is not even a seated/rank shinigami in her division so her level doesn't even come close to those two. Plus, her shikai is really cool but I will be very surprise if she ever gets a bankai.

TheRealDJ April 19th, 2007 10:00 pm

She probably will, but just because they need to keep the other people powered up comparatively with the main characters. Just like how Chad is now going to have training by urahara.
But that was part of her character development was that she was supposed to have been this great shinigami because of her family, when in reality she was only mediocre, and shocked at how well Renji was doing.

godrics hollow April 19th, 2007 10:39 pm

i hate youtube :'( they took down all of the part ones for the bleach episodes!

meanie faces! i will edit this once i get the episode and have something constructive to add

Tada! i have watched it! SWEET episode :D i loved it! That was probably the meanest way they could think of possible ending an episode ever... oh the suspense!!!!!!!!!11!!1!!!1eleven!!!!!!

Is it me or did they get way different artists to do this episode?

Alfonzo April 20th, 2007 3:56 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealDJ (Post 4466240)
Actually, considering she was originally defeated by a normal hollow, I personally think she's far too strong as she is now.

On a side note, that latest episode rocked my socks off. Well the theory that tousen isn't more powerful than before is blown out of the water. I mean where Ichigo was struggling the entire fight to land a scratch on Grimmjaw, Tousen cuts off his arm in a single slash and destroys it with a single spell.

The only reason that Tousen managed to cut off GJ's arm is that he caught him completely off guard. Tousen is no way stronger than GJ; he's one of the weakest captains - he got pwned by Zaraki etc etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicianGirl (Post 4467394)
I agree with you. Rukia is not that strong. I think when it comes to strength she's probably mid-level. Most of the time when fights someone she ended up getting pwned! I like Rukia and all, but I think it's funny when some fans put her on the same level of Ichigo or even Renji when it comes to strength. Rukia is not even a seated/rank shinigami in her division so her level doesn't even come close to those two. Plus, her shikai is really cool but I will be very surprise if she ever gets a bankai.

I'm beginning to get annoyed with how weak Rukia is. It's even more frustrating because she's supposed to be on par with a seated officer... Renji also annoys me - he should be far more powerful than he is currently. He's Byakuya's subordinate for crying out loud! ANOTHER thing that has always annoyed me is how weak the ordinary SS cadets are - I know they're weak but they're portrayed as absolutely useless idiots. I at least like to think that they have some fighting skill...

Quote:

Originally Posted by godrics hollow (Post 4467488)
i hate youtube :'( they took down all of the part ones for the bleach episodes!

meanie faces! i will edit this once i get the episode and have something constructive to add

Tada! i have watched it! SWEET episode :D i loved it! That was probably the meanest way they could think of possible ending an episode ever... oh the suspense!!!!!!!!!11!!1!!!1eleven!!!!!!

Is it me or did they get way different artists to do this episode?

I hated this episode so much. It was such a disappointment after the last one. The animation sucked, the art sucked, the pace sucked, the plot sucked. They absolutely screwed up the Vaizard bit which in the manga was amazing... The anime is going downhill. Someone needs to get fired. Grr.

Tenshi April 20th, 2007 4:24 pm

I found this episode OK, not the best and not the worst one. Actually I remember nothing of it, except the Matsumoto and Toshiro bit on the roof top and the last Viazard scene. Maybe it's wasn't that good then... :hmm:

TheRealDJ April 20th, 2007 6:28 pm

Quote:

I hated this episode so much. It was such a disappointment after the last one. The animation sucked, the art sucked, the pace sucked, the plot sucked. They absolutely screwed up the Vaizard bit which in the manga was amazing... The anime is going downhill. Someone needs to get fired. Grr.
Tell us how you really feel... ;)