Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Television (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   How I met your mother (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=116777)

Moriath June 25th, 2009 7:00 am

Re: How I met your mother

Quote:

Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops (Post 5338844)
Season premiere is Sept. 21! Wow, hard to believe it'll be the 5th season.

I agree. I enjoy this series so much. It's just light-hearted fun. I could do without Ted :rotfl: but I love the other four to death. I really hope Robin/Barney will get some screen time.

Kanksha June 25th, 2009 12:02 pm

I've finally reached season4. I was on episode 2 of the fourth season when my laptop's battery died just when
Spoiler: show
Lily was telling everyone about Marshall's increasing Underwear Radius :rotfl:

I've charged it now but I promised one of my friend's we would watch the entire fourth season together and he's out of town :grumble:

I'm dying!

ravclawprefec July 2nd, 2009 3:02 pm

They're showing reruns of this on lifetime, if anyone is interested :)

SolarHeart July 7th, 2009 2:33 am

This is my favoirte sit-com on tv! I love it to death. I own the first 3 seasons and watch them all the time! I love the little running jokes. Man I can't wait til Season 5!

deathplce4myhed July 7th, 2009 6:50 am

Wow, 5 seasons?

No wonder I am so lost sometimes. I stopped watching it like during season 2 in the beginning...I cannot remember why, maybe because Heroes started:D

Kanksha July 8th, 2009 6:22 pm

I watched the fourth season finale today! :D
And I promised myself that I would come back and read all the spoilers when I was done, and I finally am :)
Spoiler: show
Can I just say that I am so glad Stella isn't the mother. I liked Sarah Chalke on Scrubs but I just don't like Stella :no:
My favourite part of the series finale - Robin and Barney's hilarious conversation and the "Mosby" manoeuvre. They are good together :)
Loved the leap! Also liked Ted taking the teaching job, I think he'd make a spectacular lecturer :p

Can't believe I have to wait nearly two months for season five, and then wait a whole week for each new episode! Meh

IenjoyAcidPops September 22nd, 2009 5:17 am

That was a great season premiere! How perfectly in character for Barney and Robin to not be able to have "the talk" - and for Lily to lock them in the bedroom until they did - and for Marshall to literally crack the whip and shout "NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" :rotfl:

Moriath September 22nd, 2009 8:21 am

I love Robin and Barney together! They are legen - wait for it - dary in their emotional regression. :rotfl: The best thing about this episode was the lack of Ted time. And the Indiana Jones whip. :D

Kanksha September 27th, 2009 6:19 am

Actually I think my favourite part was Ted being in the wrong classroom! :rotfl: I think Ted is adorably neurotic. Why doesn't everybody else like him? :shrug:

Vig September 27th, 2009 3:26 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanksha (Post 5426379)
Actually I think my favourite part was Ted being in the wrong classroom! :rotfl: I think Ted is adorably neurotic. Why doesn't everybody else like him? :shrug:

I am with you. :agree: I like Ted's character a lot and without Ted's character the other characters won't seem so funny at all. :)

Moriath September 27th, 2009 10:29 pm

I find him annoying. :lol: I would like him better if he wasn't so whiny.

Kanksha September 28th, 2009 11:44 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigneshnimbus (Post 5426530)
I am with you. :agree: I like Ted's character a lot and without Ted's character the other characters won't seem so funny at all. :)

:agree: :tu:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriath (Post 5426711)
I find him annoying. :lol: I would like him better if he wasn't so whiny.

That's funny. Robin annoys me a little bit sometimes because she's not whiny! It's not normal for people to be controlled all the time. It gives me a complex. :yuhup:

IenjoyAcidPops September 29th, 2009 3:54 am

Nothing particularly big or eventful in tonight's episode, but two great ideas: Ted having the exact same "blind date" that he had seven years before, and Marshall and Barney finding a Lily look-alike, "the third doppelganger." :rotfl:

witchsmart September 30th, 2009 12:44 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanksha (Post 5426379)

Perhaps it's not a dislike, but more of a disinterest in comparison to Barney and Marshall?

I love HIMYM, and Neil Patrick Harris is by far one of the funniest people in the world. I really hope Barney and Robin's relationship will work out, although it will be difficult because they both have commitment issues. I also want to see the other two doppelgangers! I bet the Barney-double will be a sensitive, kind, serious man who would never take advantage of a woman. That or just a suitless Barney, which is scary enough. :lol:

stumps101 September 30th, 2009 2:38 am

I like Ted too !!

I love Barney and Ted the most actually. And then they are followed by Marshall, though he doesn't interest me as much as the other two. Robin I usually am just indifferent towards, like I like her just fine for the most part, though sometimes she does annoy me. Lily, on the other hand is my least favourite and I find her really annoying most of the time. Everyone else in real life that I know who watches the show and loves her and even Robin while they don't care much about Ted :lol:

Dobby_26 September 30th, 2009 2:57 am

NPH is amazing. Jason Segal is hilarious. Ted annoys me and Robin's funny and hot and Lilly is actually pretty funny too. God I can't believe NPH is gay in real life.!

witchsmart September 30th, 2009 2:59 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobby_26 (Post 5428054)
NPH is amazing. Jason Segal is hilarious. Ted annoys me and Robin's funny and hot and Lilly is actually pretty funny too. God I can't believe NPH is gay in real life.!

I hear that his personality in RL is so different from his on-screen performance with Barney, it really shows what a great actor he is.

Vig September 30th, 2009 2:03 pm

The first two episodes have been great so far though they haven't reached the peaks of 'Third Season' yet. :) Can't wait for the rest of the season...

In btw, does anyone know how many seasons are planned of HIMYM? :hmm:

MzViolet October 5th, 2009 12:39 am

I'd never watched it before a couple months ago. I was home sick and it was free "on demand", so I decided to try it out. I was pleasently surprised! It was much funnier than I thought it would be, and now I've been trying to watch regularly.

CowsRSkary October 5th, 2009 12:48 am

I absolutly adore this show, but with the switch to digital, I lost everthing. Does anyone know where else I can feed my addiction to Neil?