Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Television (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   How I met your mother (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=116777)

Liselle June 7th, 2008 11:43 am

How I met your mother

Surprisingly, there's not a thread on this show already. I have to admit to becoming a convert to this show, it's much funnier than I would have thought before I really gave it the time of day. It's really only something that's been shown over this side of the Atlantic recently enough so that's my excuse.

Basically the show revolves around Ted and his quest to find the love of his life. Obviously he meets her as the shows voice over is Ted talking to his children down the road telling them the story of how he met their mother day one. Aided and abetted by Lily, Marshell and Barney.

More on the show here

I'm just curious now to know if there are any other fans of the show lurking around :D

Fawkesfan1 June 7th, 2008 1:11 pm

Re: How I met your mother

I've never watched the show myself yet, but it looks like it's a decent enough one. I'll have to catch an episode of it sometime. It looks as if it's rather funny, but the plot itself from what I have seen, just hasn't caught my interest.

Wab June 7th, 2008 4:54 pm

I occasionally catch it only because it has Alyson Hannigan who is greatly underrated. It has it's moments but is mostly just part of the sitcom churn and will probably outlive its welcome.

FoxyShay24 June 7th, 2008 6:58 pm

I love the show! I think it's great! :) The whole cast is great. I was a lil worried about Brittney being on there but the first time she was pretty funny. The second episode she was on...not so funny. She bugged me. I know her character was supost to be a lil annoying, but in my opinion the one episode of her would have been fine.

As for Ted proposing. Do we finally know who the mother is now? I can't wait for next season.

Liselle June 7th, 2008 8:21 pm

I think I've just seen parts of series 1 and series 2 so I don't think we know who the mother is yet. I've not seen the Britney shows either, I'm looking forward to them though, I'd heard that they were good.

Funnily enough, the over all plot doesn't really impact the series, it's more a framework of where it will end up but literally anything can happen during the show and usually it does!

mariebeth83 June 7th, 2008 10:43 pm

I've seen episodes here & there but never got around to watching it every week, I really should try and watch more episodes though because I really enjoyed it!

ravclawprefec June 8th, 2008 8:09 pm

I love this show. Barney is so funny.

GemmaBlack June 8th, 2008 8:41 pm

HILARIOUS!
This is such a funny show!
I love Barney.
Not to spoil or anything but the "slap bet" episode is the funniest thing i've ever seen.

deathplce4myhed June 12th, 2008 12:11 am

I use to watch this show..but I think it was on on Mondays during Heros...so I stoped...but I loved it:D

GemmaBlack July 4th, 2008 5:58 pm

Spoiler: show
OMG I think Barney and Robin would go so well together! They slept with each other! And when Barney got hit by the bus and they were talking about the things he loves flashing before his eyes, he is looking at Robin like he loves her!!!!!
And I REALLLLLLY hope stella is the mom! Ted asked her to marry him!

peachrings July 7th, 2008 5:57 pm

I absolutely LOVE this show! It's legen...wait for it...dary. I have the first two seasons on DVD and I can literally sit there for hours and watch it. The cast works soo well together. The Pineapple Incident is one of my favorite episodes.

GemmaBlack July 9th, 2008 5:09 pm

I love the Slep bet episode, and all the continuations of it!
Barney is Hilarious!

Moriath August 15th, 2008 8:47 am

I started watching this show only recently but so far it's fabulous. Or should I say legendary? :lol:

GemmaBlack August 31st, 2008 2:45 pm

Legen.... wait for it........ DARY !

lol

Moriath September 1st, 2008 8:20 am

I just finished watching season two and I love how it ends on legen-wait for it. :lol:

I'm not too sad that Ted and Robin broke up and the wedding was hilarious and had some awwww moments.

Green_Arrow April 21st, 2009 11:25 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriath (Post 5127696)
I just finished watching season two and I love how it ends on legen-wait for it. :lol:

Have you caught up with season 4?

The lastest episode was awesome! I think the Ninja-dude at the end was the best bit!! :lol::D

merry18 April 21st, 2009 11:52 pm

I love How I Met Your Mother! I just hate that it's on at 8.30/7.30 central, since I watch two other shows in that time slot and I have to rotate between what I watch on TV and what I have to watch on the internet.
And was there a new episode on Monday?

Moriath April 22nd, 2009 6:51 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green_Arrow (Post 5286323)
Have you caught up with season 4?

The lastest episode was awesome! I think the Ninja-dude at the end was the best bit!! :lol::D

Yes, I have. Toy Dude and Ninja Dude were great. :lol:

Green_Arrow April 22nd, 2009 12:16 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriath (Post 5286614)
Yes, I have. Toy Dude and Ninja Dude were great. :lol:

:lol:

Haha, Barney's also getting slightly desperate on the "Robin" department! He's so hilarious when he's being a sap! :whistle:

deathplce4myhed April 24th, 2009 5:15 am

I watch Heroes when it is on:( [I think].

I really miss it.
Kinda surprised it is on still!
lol.
It is getting kind of old when I do watch it.
It is like oh just find the mother already..:whistle: