Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Music (Entertainment) (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Old bands that you still like. (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110588)

saz August 11th, 2007 2:41 am

Old bands that you still like.

I'm sure I can't be the only person who has music on their MP3 that is from a band or singer that used to be really popular but you would never admit to anyone that you still listened to.

So what I want to know is what are they?

I have all the 5ive albums on my player.

Queen_Princess August 11th, 2007 3:41 am

Re: Old bands that you still like.

Spice Girls. My dad said between the ages of 1 and 6, I used to be a big fan of Spice Girls. Like a huge fan of them. still listend to some of there songs still:lol: My favourite is "Wannabe"

sticky August 11th, 2007 6:52 pm

i love a lot of old bands. At the moment, on my MP3 player there is the Sex Pistols, The Beach Boys. R.E.M and U2 aren't as old as them, U2 are still around playing music, but i will add them too. i also listen to the Madness sometimes too, and a bit of the beatles. yup, those are really old :lol:

MDF3530 August 12th, 2007 9:55 am

Guns N' Roses. I was in junior high when "Appetite For Destruction" came out and I still listen to them.

P.S. No "oldtimer" jokes please.

SlytherinBlood August 13th, 2007 11:03 pm

Sex Pistols, ACDC, Aerosmith, Beatles, Black Sabbath, Blondie, The Cure, Joan Jett, KISS, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, New York Dolls, Nirvana, Queen, Ramones & The Rollingstones

_Snowfire_ August 13th, 2007 11:09 pm

hmmmm i am going to have to go with the Dexy midnight runners and the Doors!! oh and of course the beatles!

Lucybird August 13th, 2007 11:14 pm

The Beatles feature strongly in my CD collection, The Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, The Monkees. I still have All Saints that I listened to when I was younger, but I only have their first album on tape

turnstyles August 14th, 2007 12:22 am

I have lots of "old" music on my mp3 player, mostly The Ramones, The Clash, and The Pogues.

As far as old music that I would never admit to listening to, I'd have to say Green Day. I still have a few of their older albums. Some people might ask why I would be embarrassed to admit to listening to them. For me, they're a guilty pleasure, and I don't like their newer stuff at all, so I wouldn't tell my friends, even the ones who like Green Day, that I like them.

lancerdancer August 14th, 2007 12:23 am

hanson :)

ChrisN14 August 14th, 2007 12:34 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by saz (Post 4710874)
I'm sure I can't be the only person who has music on their MP3 that is from a band or singer that used to be really popular but you would never admit to anyone that you still listened to.

So what I want to know is what are they?

I have all the 5ive albums on my player.

OMG I loved 5ive!!!

Have lost their CD's that I had though :no:

I'm quite a big Pink Floyd fan, and I've got a few Foreigner songs on my iPod, but I dont tend to listen to them that much. A bit of 90's club music is a must as well lol!!

8m57w6 August 14th, 2007 12:52 am

Well basically everything on my ipod is from the or 80's with the exception of Mugglecast, a few things from the 70's/90's, and the newest Depeche Mode album. The only songs I'm really at all embarassed about are Mickey and Let the Music Play.

shoopdawhoop August 14th, 2007 3:05 am

Aerosmith, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Dio, Grateful Dead, Jethro Tull, Jimi Hendrix, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Rolling Stones, The Who, ZZTop...
I'm breaking the rules in that I make it publically known I love these bands >_<
I'm 15 in case your wondering... (not 60)

saz August 14th, 2007 5:55 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancerdancer (Post 4720208)
hanson :)

I have them in music collection but not on the mp3. They were my fav band when I was eleven.

PurpleHairAuror August 14th, 2007 7:56 am

I love the Clash and a lot of other old-school punk. But I don't really see them as "embarassing".

lancerdancer August 14th, 2007 5:17 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by saz (Post 4720911)
I have them in music collection but not on the mp3. They were my fav band when I was eleven.

yup, my favorite band back when i was 13. my friends and i were pretty much obsessed. and i actually still like their newer music. i saw a picture of them in a magazine a couple months ago of them, all three of their wives, and taylor and isaac's kids. it was really weird seeing them all grown up.

WilliamLovegood August 14th, 2007 9:21 pm

The Smashing Pumpkins.. but they are not the same thing now...

Overdose August 15th, 2007 12:58 am

Linkin Park, Sum 41 and Papa Roach all feature on the "bands I still listen to even though I loved them when I was 12 and really should have grown out of by now" category. Though generally only the albums that were out when I was 12 since most of the listening is nostalgic.

NorwegianWood August 15th, 2007 5:08 am

I quite enoy the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Monkees, Herman's Hermits, Paul Revere and the Raders, Donovan, Procol Harum, George Harrison, Left Banke, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Cream, Jefferson Airplane, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, the Beach Boys, John Lennon, Three Dog Night, The Who, Led Zeppelin, The Guess Who, the Supremes.

Slightly more recent bands include: the Cure, the Cult, Duran Duran, Billy Squier, Devo, the B-52s, Michael Jackson, Madonna, and Spinal Tap.

I'm not ashamed that I listen to these groups (except maybe Billy Squier), it's only that where I come from no one really shares my musical taste, so I prefer to keep them to myself.

(First time poster, I look forward to many future posts)

mariebeth83 December 31st, 2007 4:58 am

well I recently downloaded some songs by Five & the Spice Girls!!! I still love them, I guess they'll be the songs my kids are cringing to whenever I have kids!

Montse December 31st, 2007 5:30 am

Oh im vey loyal to the music i like,i listen to it ,even if its no longer popular.
I still listen to my New kids on the block cassette.imagine that,i dont have it on MP3 still,
and then Magneto,and the backstreet boys...