Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Fiction (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Your current read v6 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=131007)

RemusLupinFan February 7th, 2012 3:30 am

Your current read v6

Welcome to version six :)

version 5 here

My current read right now is The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan.

bellatrix93 February 7th, 2012 5:50 am

Re: Your current read v6

From version 5:
Quote:

Originally Posted by freelantzer
Our school recently started our annual CYRM (California Young Reader Medal) program, so I'm reading Graceling right now. I like to read all three nominees so I can discuss them with the students, but I'm finding this one difficult to get in to.

I've been thinking about getting this book yesterday! Tell me what you think of it, :).

leah49 February 9th, 2012 7:27 pm

Started Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins this morning.

freelantzer February 10th, 2012 3:14 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellatrix93 (Post 5976753)
From version 5:

I've been thinking about getting this book yesterday! Tell me what you think of it, :).

Sure thing! :)

MmeBergerac February 10th, 2012 8:33 am

I'm now with Churchill's memoirs about World War II. It's fascinating, and surprisingly clear and easy to read. Perhaps for having always been a figure you find in History books, I'm surprised at his humanity and even sense of humour. I'm loving it.

lilyrose February 10th, 2012 12:37 pm

The Idea of India - Sunil Khilnani

RikuStark February 11th, 2012 3:06 am

I'm reading Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind

bellatrix93 February 11th, 2012 8:45 am

Going to start The Maze Runner by James Dashner.

Morning_Star February 12th, 2012 12:19 am

I'm trying to finish some of the books I'm reading (I have a tendency to find new interesting ones, and starting them without remembering I'm already reading at least five other books), so right now I'm focusing on Four Past Midnight by Stephen King. I started it last summer when I was on holiday and ran out of books, but since my dad was the one who brought it, I more or less stopped reading in it when we got home, and dad didn't finish it until a couple of weeks ago. I find it fascinating, and I can identify with a lot of the paranoia in the stories. (Which probably isn't a good thing.... :whistle:)

I also started The Great Convergence by Joseph Lallo, the sequel to a book I got for free for my Kindle. I hate leaving a trilogy (or any series) unfinished, so of course I bought the last two books when I finished the first one. Great marketing strategy - I'm sure I'm not the only one searching through Amazon for free reading material. :lol:

lvngbooks February 12th, 2012 11:53 am

The 13th Horseman by Barry Hutchison :) My first middlegrade of 2012. About time!

squirell February 15th, 2012 9:14 am

i am reading 'the keeper of lost causes' by jussi adler olsen (good crime novel)

GrimeldaDursley February 15th, 2012 2:28 pm

Reading my way through the Dark Tower series and have finished the third one. I may go to the library today and get a couple more.

lvngbooks February 15th, 2012 4:38 pm

Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder

It's fantastic so far!

gelowo93 February 16th, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm going to start Le Mort d'Arthur Volume 2 either tonight or tomorrow, depending on when I get the time.

MHPFAN February 16th, 2012 6:51 pm

Started (and finished) Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder.

SopophorousBean February 17th, 2012 4:55 pm

A Gathering Storm by Rachel Hore, good so far! The start was a bit confusing but now I'm actually into the main story I'm liking the way it's written.

lvngbooks February 17th, 2012 5:55 pm

The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness

xhanax315 February 17th, 2012 7:00 pm

Peace Like A River - Leif Enger
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows :love:
A Feast for Crows - George R.R. Martin
Insomnia - Stephen King :yuhup:

Morning_Star February 21st, 2012 10:08 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morning_Star (Post 5979073)
I'm trying to finish some of the books I'm reading (I have a tendency to find new interesting ones, and starting them without remembering I'm already reading at least five other books), so right now I'm focusing on Four Past Midnight by Stephen King. I started it last summer when I was on holiday and ran out of books, but since my dad was the one who brought it, I more or less stopped reading in it when we got home, and dad didn't finish it until a couple of weeks ago. I find it fascinating, and I can identify with a lot of the paranoia in the stories. (Which probably isn't a good thing.... :whistle:)

I also started The Great Convergence by Joseph Lallo, the sequel to a book I got for free for my Kindle. I hate leaving a trilogy (or any series) unfinished, so of course I bought the last two books when I finished the first one. Great marketing strategy - I'm sure I'm not the only one searching through Amazon for free reading material. :lol:

Almost done with the King book, and started the next book in Joseph Lallo's trilogy, The Battle of Verril. I wasn't very impressed with the second book - way too many mistakes, mostly little things proofreading and an editor should have fixed (spelling, punctuation, sentences that either don't make sense or are very awkward) - but it's gotten a lot better in the third book, which I'm about two thirds through. I quite like the story, though the plot is often quite predictable.

Now I'm thinking what I should be reading next on my Kindle... Perhaps finish that Austen book I started a while back. :D

magic_is_might February 21st, 2012 4:11 pm

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe - Douglas Adams
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
Catch-22 - Joseph Heller (I don't know how many times I've started this book and got half-way through, and never finish it. I'm determined to finish it ;))