Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Television (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Arrow (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=131769)

Green_Arrow September 30th, 2012 6:54 pm

Arrow

Starring Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow.

premieres Oct 10

Will anyone watch?

Spacecadet October 1st, 2012 2:51 am

Re: Arrow

I'm so excited for this1 I love the premise and the MC is easy on the eyes too :love:

RikuStark October 1st, 2012 2:58 am

I can't decide if I should watch this show or not. I think I might check out the pilot, but it'll have to impress me. ;) It does look good from the previews.

Fawkesfan1 October 1st, 2012 1:27 pm

I might, it looks like it may be interesting, judging from the previews so far.

Green_Arrow October 1st, 2012 5:55 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spacecadet (Post 6043119)
I'm so excited for this1 I love the premise and the MC is easy on the eyes too :love:

I was drooling a little myself (over a few of the stunts) :lol:

jordmundt6 October 2nd, 2012 5:12 pm

Okay, bear in mind that the WB was able to put together a decent preview package for Birds of Prey*shudder* and Fearless which never even finished filming a pilot (or if it did, it never went anywhere). Just a fair warning. I suppose this means that Beauty and the Beast is even more of a trainwreck than one could possibly have thought if they can't figure out how to cut a decent preview for the premiere.;)

Spacecadet October 11th, 2012 4:06 pm

I didn't really know what to expect with the pilot but I really liked it. I think its a good blend of action superhero, and revenge, and I loved the robin hood feel. I'm just curious what mean old mom is up to.

Fawkesfan1 October 11th, 2012 10:23 pm

Forgot about it :lol:. Thank god for AT&T and U-Verse dvr. Going to be recording it when they air it again.

jordmundt6 October 11th, 2012 10:42 pm

I caught the last half. Okay, Susannah Thompson is great. I like her as the long-term villain. The lead certainly cuts a dashing figure, but I'm not sure about him yet. Last note--let's try to keep the soapiness to a minimum, please. Bad enough with the dead sister, now
Spoiler: show
the ex-fiancee with best friend
...feels a little like DC Melrose. This could work out, there's some potential there.

Oh, why would Oliver's "Vengeance" list from five years ago be current?

mirrormere October 11th, 2012 11:23 pm

I was bored through most of it.

jordmundt6 October 11th, 2012 11:48 pm

Through the stunts? There were about 15 minutes of stunts in a 49 minute episode.

mirrormere October 12th, 2012 12:03 am

Nothing happened in the stunts that advanced the plot or provided characterization as far as I was concerned. The coolest thing--which I had never seen before--was when he was doing the chin-ups and making the bar increment up the standards. But all that says is he is physically strong and that had already been established.

RikuStark October 12th, 2012 1:09 am

I'm not sure...It didn't really pull me in. The main character, to me, was slightly dull. I found him more interesting in the flash backs. The action sequences were pretty cool though, and the ending was interesting. I'm not sure if I want to check out the next episode, I might. :)

jordmundt6 October 12th, 2012 4:40 am

This seemed like an experiment that almost worked. Get some good guest stars (and they might) and try to click without being soapy and it might work. It's not the best ever, but it's certainly comparable to the best action the CW has. Now, for an "action romance" on the same network that's just DOA--Beauty and the Beast. Why was this rebooted? Why did they keep the name for such a different setup? It aspires to be half-baked Dark Angel. It harkens back to true WB trainwrecks like The Mountain and Tarzan--it makes Birds of Prey look like quality television which...wow.:wow:

Arrow may not have found its footing yet, but it seems to have potential and it knows how to sell and package itself.

decarus October 12th, 2012 5:23 am

This was okay. I am still a little unsure. Reminds me a lot of batman and revenge. The main character is a little blah and it is weird.

Rastaban43 October 13th, 2012 10:24 pm

Haven't watched it yet but it's on my DVR. I've been excited to see it since I heard about it months ago. I doubt it'll be perfect, but I hope it's at least somewhat enjoyable. It almost seems worth watching for the eye candy alone -- one thing for which you can always rely on the CW. XD

Green_Arrow October 17th, 2012 12:51 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rastaban43 (Post 6045088)
It almost seems worth watching for the eye candy alone -- one thing for which you can always rely on the CW.

:rotfl:

Whole heartedly agree with that.

I haven't yet watched it (just waiting for the better half to watch it as well). But as a general rule, anything associated with Marvel or DC Comics, I have to watch (unless it's as terrible as the first Hulk movie). But reading the reviews you've all posted, there's more negatives than positives. :hmm:

Fawkesfan1 October 18th, 2012 2:26 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rastaban43 (Post 6045088)
Haven't watched it yet but it's on my DVR. I've been excited to see it since I heard about it months ago. I doubt it'll be perfect, but I hope it's at least somewhat enjoyable. It almost seems worth watching for the eye candy alone -- one thing for which you can always rely on the CW. XD

That's me too :lol:. It's still there... waiting to be watched. In the middle of a Beyond Belief re watch, but I might catch Arrow next, after I finish watching Dexter.

Spacecadet October 18th, 2012 1:56 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 (Post 6046069)
That's me too :lol:. It's still there... waiting to be watched. In the middle of a Beyond Belief re watch, but I might catch Arrow next, after I finish watching Dexter.

:lol: Dexter >>> Arrow. but I still really like arrow, it has a robin hood meets super hero vibe. And there's a lot of interesting twists going on already. They are doing a good job of dropping little nuggets every once in a while. I don't trust the mom!

jordmundt6 October 20th, 2012 4:52 am

Not as edgy or deep as Batman. Not as soapy or sensational as Revenge. Good stunts, the framework for at least a few seasons of a series. They're already throwing hints about Laurel's future and Ollie's kid sister's future. The fate of GA's sidekick Speedy was a big deal in the '80s DC Comics.