Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Wizengamot Administration Services (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Ask the Staff v8 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=128239)

Morgoth May 30th, 2011 9:43 am

Ask the Staff v8
 
Answers to several common questions:

Examples:
Why has my thread been locked?
What are those stars?
How do I make a signature?

You can also check out Common Questions FAQ to see if the answer to your question is there.

Version 8 continues the traditions of previous threads. Anyone can answer questions. But staff are the ones encouraged to do so as they know the answer... Admin answers in RED TEXT are the final word on anything...

The vbcode list doesn't have all the signs on there so here you go ^_^:    


  

sign 1 http://www.cosforums.com/images/smilies/1.gif is written out like this [sign=1]...[/sign]

2 http://www.cosforums.com/images/smilies/2.gif = [sign=2]...[/sign]

3 http://www.cosforums.com/images/smilies/3.gif = [sign=3]...[/sign]

4 http://www.cosforums.com/images/smilies/4.gif = [sign=4]...[/sign]

5 http://www.cosforums.com/images/smilies/5.gif = [sign=5]...[/sign]

  


Nnylarak June 1st, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
A trivial question: What does this smilie :indy: mean? Who's Indy?

Alastor June 1st, 2011 6:40 am

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nnylarak (Post 5746720)
A trivial question: What does this smilie :indy: mean? Who's Indy?

Indy was the Big White Dog owned by one of our admins.

Nnylarak June 1st, 2011 7:24 am

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
Thanks :)

Dobby138 June 10th, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
Hello staff, what does it mean if someone has a + at the end of their username?

FutureAuthor13 June 10th, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobby138 (Post 5751003)
Hello staff, what does it mean if someone has a + at the end of their username?

Not a staff member, but it means that they are on your contacts list, or friends list. :)

Dobby138 June 10th, 2011 8:12 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureAuthor13 (Post 5751005)
Not a staff member, but it means that they are on your contacts list, or friends list. :)

Ah, right. Thankyou, FutureAuthor!

Lisl_Loveheart June 11th, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
Not sure this is the place to ask this... I have searched the forum for threads about the Wizard Rock bands (such as Harry and The Potters, Draco and the Malfoys and other names I read on the HPA site) because I'd like to know more about them, but the "rock" related threads I found are "muggle rock" (if you will). SO my question is: did I search wrong or aren't there threads about this?

ccollinsmith June 11th, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
Not staff, and I don't know about WRock threads, but we do have a social group called "Ministry of Magic Is Awesome," devoted to one of the great WRock bands. The founder of that group knows a lot about WRock in general. So if you're not finding threads, that could be a good place to start. :D

Tenshi June 11th, 2011 3:28 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisl_Loveheart (Post 5751301)
Not sure this is the place to ask this... I have searched the forum for threads about the Wizard Rock bands (such as Harry and The Potters, Draco and the Malfoys and other names I read on the HPA site) because I'd like to know more about them, but the "rock" related threads I found are "muggle rock" (if you will). SO my question is: did I search wrong or aren't there threads about this?

Here you go. Wizard Rock and New Wizard (Heavy) Rock:)

As for the search. When you're looking for a thread, the best way is to do an advanced search. Search by keyword with "search titles only" and then choose "Show results as thread".

Lisl_Loveheart June 12th, 2011 8:40 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenshi (Post 5751308)
Here you go. Wizard Rock and New Wizard (Heavy) Rock:)

As for the search. When you're looking for a thread, the best way is to do an advanced search. Search by keyword with "search titles only" and then choose "Show results as thread".

:D Thank you! I did my search that way, but didn't put in "wizard rock", only "rock" might have done something else wrong too... lol Thanks again!

Alastor June 12th, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisl_Loveheart (Post 5751789)
:D Thank you! I did my search that way, but didn't put in "wizard rock", only "rock" might have done something else wrong too... lol Thanks again!

I just checked. With rock as key word and 'search all open forums' I got both Wizard Rock and New Wizard (Heavy) Rock. Plus a few others. So maybe you did something wrong. :)

WhisperTheWords July 3rd, 2011 11:25 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
Sorry if this has been asked already, but what are the stone-like shapes next to everyones usernames and why is mine red when everyone elses is yellow?

ArryGrotter July 3rd, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
When the stone is red it means that you are online. When it is not red, that person is offline :)

WhisperTheWords July 3rd, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5765822)
When the stone is red it means that you are online. When it is not red, that person is offline :)

Ah, thank you :)

Marina July 7th, 2011 2:56 am

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
What happens when you put someone on the 'ignore' list? I know that you can't see their posts when you block them, but can they see yours?

SusanBones July 7th, 2011 3:08 am

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
The person that you put on Ignore can still see your posts. You just can't see their posts.

MerryLore July 7th, 2011 3:52 am

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
What are the images next to the forum titles? Kind of looks to me like a face with a green wizard cap.

GloryZombie July 7th, 2011 4:14 am

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
This is probably a very stupid question but I am finding the sites navigation to be extremely counter-intuitive.

How do I make an avatar? I have a picture, but I don't see any means to make it my avatar. I created an album and placed the desired picture in it thinking that maybe there was link that allowed you to take pictures from given albums and make them avatars. I've been reading through forum help sections but have thoroughly exhausted myself, so now I ask one of you to make me feel very stupid and explain to me what I need to do.

Alastor July 7th, 2011 4:41 am

Re: Ask the Staff v8
 
I'm sorry but only Hogsmeade students can have avatars. For info about how to get there, look here: Hogsmeade Review Guidelines


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 6:50 am.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Original content is Copyright MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright its respective owners.