Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Great Hall (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How long have you been a fan of Harry Potter? (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=131026)

PhineasFish February 12th, 2012 3:47 am

How long have you been a fan of Harry Potter?

Hey guys,

I was just thinking back to when I first got into Harry Potter. It's been 14 years now of anticipation for the books, than the movies, made my best friend through our love of the series and then discussed theories togehter of what's going to happen next. I've knitted HP themed scarves and attended fake birthday parties for Harry's birthday.

Recently, after watching DH pt.2 for the second time since theaters, I've realized I haven't been as active about my fandom since the series ended.

I guess I've just been feeling a little nostalgic.

So everybody, for nostalgia sake, how long have you considered yourself a Potterhead?

WelkinCooper February 15th, 2012 2:47 am

Re: How long have you been a fan of Harry Potter?

I've never really been a fan of Harry Potter...gasp! I'm a fan of Severus Snape. From the first book... Don't get me wrong...I like Harry okay...just never as much as Snape...

sparrowinwinter February 15th, 2012 9:19 pm

ever since I read the books.

garfiun February 25th, 2012 9:43 pm

I think it was about 2000 when I was 11 and been a big fan ever since.

merrymarge February 27th, 2012 7:30 pm

2001, and I am still a fan.

nina__ February 27th, 2012 8:49 pm

March 1999. (:

SBNB February 28th, 2012 1:55 am

I've been a fan since I started reading the books, and that was a few months before the 6th book came out.

Altaira_Black February 29th, 2012 12:49 pm

I've been a fan ever since the first book came out and until the very last book even if I forget what year the series came out. I can't remember a time when I wasn't reading the Harry Potter series.

JamesRavenclaw March 5th, 2012 1:15 am

two years I started late only beginning the books at age 28

RikuStark March 5th, 2012 4:28 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrymarge (Post 5984758)
2001, and I am still a fan.

Same. :)

ginevraweasly March 5th, 2012 4:41 am

I am also a fan of around the time of GoF. The first Book I was anxiosly awaiting was The Order of the Phoenix in 2003 and it remained my favourite. It was the book to teach me very good English too, what the University had failed so far to do :D
I never quite liked the movies apart from Chris Cholumbuses and I heartily denied Radcliffe having but anything in common with Harry. I deeply doubted his ability as an actor, too.
I remain a tremendeous fan of Jo Rowling as well as of the Saga. Amazing woman and amazing saga.

captain Sparrow March 8th, 2012 10:55 am

I've been a fan since I saw the first movie at the cinema in 2001, Only after the second movie did I read the books.

Kalu98132 March 11th, 2012 8:36 pm

Since I was 4,that was about 2002,when SS film came out here or something.However I absoluetly love HP series and I will never stop. :D

narayandivya123 May 2nd, 2012 7:47 pm

I read the first four books one after the other, so that must've been in 1999. And I've been a fan since.

JMUpotterfan May 3rd, 2012 4:51 pm

I must admit I jumped on the Hogwarts Express a little late. I became a potterhead in 2001. For me it started with the movies; which is how I was introduced to the books. I watched movies years 1-6, and then I began reading the books. I completed all seven books in a month and a half; just before DH part one came to theaters.

Goddess_Clio May 3rd, 2012 7:15 pm

Since the theatrical release of POA which got me to read the books. Been obsessed ever since.

Schlubalybub May 3rd, 2012 10:43 pm

I think I first read a HP book when I was 15...so about march 2000...I seem to remember being lent it because my mum's friend was trying to ease the pain of a schoolfriend's death, so that time seems about right. I know it was 2000 though...but if it was march, I was only 14...makes it 12 years of solid fandom. And I didn't even find out about discussions and such online until I was 17, so when I joined the site I'd already been a fan for three years

FelicisDragon May 8th, 2012 10:59 pm

Since I saw the first movie in the cinema. I still remember where I sitting! I've been a huge fan since then

audiopineapple June 10th, 2012 6:33 pm

It was either in late 1997 or very early 1998. I was eleven at the time, visiting my nana, and, as my cousins wouldn't talk to me my mum got me the first book. I left it until last as I was sure I wouldn't enjoy it (I much preferred my sci-fi to fantasy at that age) but curiosity got the better of me and I've loved the series since!

LittleLottie June 14th, 2012 2:23 pm

I became a fan very late in the day, about 2005. I had ignored the 'hype' but then started to read the books and I could quickly get all of them. I was hooked and I admit I have read them two or three times over :)