Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Wizengamot Administration Services (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Moderation of threads (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=108012)

Morgoth July 22nd, 2007 9:56 pm

Moderation of threads

All threads are moderated in this forum. If you make a new thread and it doesn't appear within 24 hours, it is likely the thread has been auto-deleted because another one already exists. If you wish to discuss any issue with regard to thread creation in this area, please do so here.

rhhgrt July 24th, 2007 4:13 am

Re: Moderation of threads

Since Molly said a "bad word" can we? Please?

MadMagic July 24th, 2007 4:46 am

Only if you use it in the context of the quote :)

TonytheTerrible July 24th, 2007 5:02 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMagic (Post 4633823)
Only if you use it in the context of the quote :)

If you use the quote function, will it still make the words look like *****, because that really takes the fun out of the quote? Ron's quote where he calls Draco a "two-faced b astard" is another example of this.

Alastor July 24th, 2007 5:21 am

Unless those words are removed from the auto-censor they will show up as so many *s.

But there are ways around it....:eeep:

mysterious July 24th, 2007 8:50 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alastor (Post 4634099)
But there are ways around it....

Surely we would get warned for that, though...wouldn't we? :hmm:

IchLiebeGeorge July 24th, 2007 8:50 am

Will there be a Little Questions Answered section for DH?

mysterious July 24th, 2007 8:58 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IchLiebeGeorge (Post 4635286)
Will there be a Little Questions Answered section for DH?

Don't know about a separate section, but here is the thread. Little Questions Answered

Liselle July 24th, 2007 9:40 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysterious (Post 4635284)
Surely we would get warned for that, though...wouldn't we? :hmm:

If it's in context then no, but if we see members deliberately avoiding the autocensor then yes.

Atomic01 July 24th, 2007 11:03 am

Will the seers thread be reposted as a read only? I'd love to go back and check exactly how many I got glaringly wrong!!!! lol

Liselle July 24th, 2007 11:11 am

The most recent version of the thread is still in the divination area

Are you a seer

Atomic01 July 24th, 2007 11:28 am

Wicked, thanks :)

EDIT - Just checked it... my mistake!!! It was the predictions thread I meant, not the seers one... sorry!

Liselle July 24th, 2007 11:51 am

So you're sorted out?

silverwhisper July 24th, 2007 1:13 pm

heyzzzzz!!!
I was wondering about something...Well here it goes; i posted a thread,called "gap:whatever happened to the veil", after checking the whole DH area,in order not to make a thread that already existed ;)...anyway,it hasn't appeared yet and my question is,if it's not approved,will i get a notification,or will I be just waiting i vain?
thanx anyway

gertiekeddle July 24th, 2007 1:18 pm

Currently we can't set the notifications with the link to the right thread in a duplicate thread as we usual do in every case (sometimes we still do, it depends on how many threads are awaiting approvement). It's likely that you don't get a notification.

For reference:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgoth (Post 4630320)
If you make a new thread and it doesn't appear within 24 hours, it is likely the thread has been auto-deleted because another one already exists.

silverwhisper July 24th, 2007 1:46 pm

ok,thanks anyway.

Atomic01 July 24th, 2007 3:52 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liselle (Post 4636230)
So you're sorted out?

Not exactly, I had my threads in a twist... you know the one where you guys posted loads of questions, and we had to make our predictions? That one. I think it was a contest thread, but since reading DH, I can't remember what some of my predictions were, or some of the questions, are there any plans for that thread to be reposted as read-only? I realise it can't be simply reposted, as some people might try to change their answers...

Liselle July 24th, 2007 4:45 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomic01 (Post 4637995)
Not exactly, I had my threads in a twist... you know the one where you guys posted loads of questions, and we had to make our predictions? That one. I think it was a contest thread, but since reading DH, I can't remember what some of my predictions were, or some of the questions, are there any plans for that thread to be reposted as read-only? I realise it can't be simply reposted, as some people might try to change their answers...

I'll check that out for you.

Tenshi July 24th, 2007 7:41 pm

What did you do with my Book Mistake thread?

gertiekeddle July 24th, 2007 8:02 pm

We sent it to Dumbledore for review. :elaugh:

Nah, some technical glitch; it's still there, but somehow no longer accessable. We're trying to get what happened and keep you updated. :)