Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Wizengamot Administration Services (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Ask the Staff v8 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=128239)

Morgoth May 30th, 2011 8:43 am

Ask the Staff v8

Answers to several common questions:

Examples:
Why has my thread been locked?
What are those stars?
How do I make a signature?

You can also check out Common Questions FAQ to see if the answer to your question is there.

Version 8 continues the traditions of previous threads. Anyone can answer questions. But staff are the ones encouraged to do so as they know the answer... Admin answers in RED TEXT are the final word on anything...

The vbcode list doesn't have all the signs on there so here you go ^_^:    

sign 1 http://www.cosforums.com/images/smilies/1.gif is written out like this [sign=1]...[/sign]

2 http://www.cosforums.com/images/smilies/2.gif = [sign=2]...[/sign]

3 http://www.cosforums.com/images/smilies/3.gif = [sign=3]...[/sign]

4 http://www.cosforums.com/images/smilies/4.gif = [sign=4]...[/sign]

5 http://www.cosforums.com/images/smilies/5.gif = [sign=5]...[/sign]

Nnylarak June 1st, 2011 5:31 am

Re: Ask the Staff v8

A trivial question: What does this smilie :indy: mean? Who's Indy?

Alastor June 1st, 2011 5:40 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nnylarak (Post 5746720)
A trivial question: What does this smilie :indy: mean? Who's Indy?

Indy was the Big White Dog owned by one of our admins.

Nnylarak June 1st, 2011 6:24 am

Dobby138 June 10th, 2011 7:09 pm

Hello staff, what does it mean if someone has a + at the end of their username?

FutureAuthor13 June 10th, 2011 7:11 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobby138 (Post 5751003)
Hello staff, what does it mean if someone has a + at the end of their username?

Not a staff member, but it means that they are on your contacts list, or friends list. :)

Dobby138 June 10th, 2011 7:12 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureAuthor13 (Post 5751005)
Not a staff member, but it means that they are on your contacts list, or friends list. :)

Ah, right. Thankyou, FutureAuthor!

Lisl_Loveheart June 11th, 2011 2:19 pm

Not sure this is the place to ask this... I have searched the forum for threads about the Wizard Rock bands (such as Harry and The Potters, Draco and the Malfoys and other names I read on the HPA site) because I'd like to know more about them, but the "rock" related threads I found are "muggle rock" (if you will). SO my question is: did I search wrong or aren't there threads about this?

ccollinsmith June 11th, 2011 2:25 pm

Not staff, and I don't know about WRock threads, but we do have a social group called "Ministry of Magic Is Awesome," devoted to one of the great WRock bands. The founder of that group knows a lot about WRock in general. So if you're not finding threads, that could be a good place to start. :D

Tenshi June 11th, 2011 2:28 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisl_Loveheart (Post 5751301)
Not sure this is the place to ask this... I have searched the forum for threads about the Wizard Rock bands (such as Harry and The Potters, Draco and the Malfoys and other names I read on the HPA site) because I'd like to know more about them, but the "rock" related threads I found are "muggle rock" (if you will). SO my question is: did I search wrong or aren't there threads about this?

Here you go. Wizard Rock and New Wizard (Heavy) Rock:)

As for the search. When you're looking for a thread, the best way is to do an advanced search. Search by keyword with "search titles only" and then choose "Show results as thread".

Lisl_Loveheart June 12th, 2011 7:40 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenshi (Post 5751308)
Here you go. Wizard Rock and New Wizard (Heavy) Rock:)

As for the search. When you're looking for a thread, the best way is to do an advanced search. Search by keyword with "search titles only" and then choose "Show results as thread".

:D Thank you! I did my search that way, but didn't put in "wizard rock", only "rock" might have done something else wrong too... lol Thanks again!

Alastor June 12th, 2011 8:02 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisl_Loveheart (Post 5751789)
:D Thank you! I did my search that way, but didn't put in "wizard rock", only "rock" might have done something else wrong too... lol Thanks again!

I just checked. With rock as key word and 'search all open forums' I got both Wizard Rock and New Wizard (Heavy) Rock. Plus a few others. So maybe you did something wrong. :)

WhisperTheWords July 3rd, 2011 10:25 pm

Sorry if this has been asked already, but what are the stone-like shapes next to everyones usernames and why is mine red when everyone elses is yellow?

ArryGrotter July 3rd, 2011 10:29 pm

When the stone is red it means that you are online. When it is not red, that person is offline :)

WhisperTheWords July 3rd, 2011 10:33 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5765822)
When the stone is red it means that you are online. When it is not red, that person is offline :)

Ah, thank you :)

Marina July 7th, 2011 1:56 am

What happens when you put someone on the 'ignore' list? I know that you can't see their posts when you block them, but can they see yours?

SusanBones July 7th, 2011 2:08 am

The person that you put on Ignore can still see your posts. You just can't see their posts.

MerryLore July 7th, 2011 2:52 am

What are the images next to the forum titles? Kind of looks to me like a face with a green wizard cap.

GloryZombie July 7th, 2011 3:14 am

This is probably a very stupid question but I am finding the sites navigation to be extremely counter-intuitive.

How do I make an avatar? I have a picture, but I don't see any means to make it my avatar. I created an album and placed the desired picture in it thinking that maybe there was link that allowed you to take pictures from given albums and make them avatars. I've been reading through forum help sections but have thoroughly exhausted myself, so now I ask one of you to make me feel very stupid and explain to me what I need to do.

Alastor July 7th, 2011 3:41 am

I'm sorry but only Hogsmeade students can have avatars. For info about how to get there, look here: Hogsmeade Review Guidelines

GloryZombie July 7th, 2011 3:45 am

Thank you for the help. At least now I know I wasn't just blindly searching for something right in front of me.

gertiekeddle July 7th, 2011 9:03 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryLore (Post 5767492)
What are the images next to the forum titles? Kind of looks to me like a face with a green wizard cap.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, but most icons tell their secret when you hoover over them and wait a few second (because then a description appears). Does this help?

ArryGrotter July 7th, 2011 9:10 am

If they mean this:

http://www.cosforums.com/images/dhus.../forum_new.gif

It is Voldemort's face as seen on the US cover of DH. If it is in colour that means that there are new posts in the thread.

MerryLore July 7th, 2011 1:47 pm

This:

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v.../forum_new.gif

It's from this?

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...8fb2a110.L.jpg

Sorry - just really curious.

ArryGrotter July 7th, 2011 1:53 pm

Ah, there are different images depending on the theme you are using. I'm not sure what that is - its probably from the UK cover of DH - but it works the same way as the Voldemort's face I showed above.

MerryLore July 7th, 2011 1:56 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5767742)
Ah, there are different images depending on the theme you are using. I'm not sure what that is - its probably from the UK cover of DH - but it works the same way as the Voldemort's face I showed above.

That's it!! Thank you so much!

gertiekeddle July 7th, 2011 4:24 pm

Yes, that's from the UK Cover - and indeed used in the function ArryGrotter described. Thanks!

Deva July 7th, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi,
will i be notified if my thread gets rejected?
(I hope it doesn't get rejected though)

I didn't save it on my hard drive. I thought it would get published right away. If it gets rejected, will i lose it?

Thanks!

Alastor July 7th, 2011 6:56 pm

Usually the poster is notified by owl if a thread is rejected.

Your thread has been merged with an already existing thread with the same topic, in which case you can see the redirect in the forum where you originally posted it for about 24 hours.

Sometimes threads are also closed with an explanation given inthread by the staff member who did it.

Lprdgecko July 8th, 2011 4:06 pm

How do you post a poll?

gertiekeddle July 8th, 2011 4:23 pm

Only staff can post polls. It's a rule we alas needed to invent to safe bandwidth. If you have an idea for a poll, please owl any member of staff online (blue and red usernames) and we see, whether it is possible. :)

Deva July 10th, 2011 3:58 pm

I had a couple ideas for threads, i want to to run it by the mods before posting them

FIRST - Funniest Harry Potter Moments
-----

SECOND - Little questions answered - opinion based

Just like the the little questions answered thread, but instead of asking questions having factual answers, asking questions such as
1) How do you feel about Xenophilus Lovegood?
2) Do you think, we ought to feel sorry for Draco?
3) In your opinion, how much did hermione change for the good, through the series?
4) Percy's loyalties - admirable or despicable?

and questions like that.

Thanks.

dreyesbo July 11th, 2011 3:30 am

Hello!

I want to change my signature into the one I have in another forum ( this one), of course resizing it to follow the size policies. I was just wondering, because the rules do not mention anything like that...would it be considered a "spoiler", even if all those are images and phrases stated on the trailer?

Thanks.

SusanBones July 11th, 2011 3:32 am

I'm sorry but that link doesn't show your signature. If you have doubts, you could always send the signature via Owl to one of the mods. They could tell you if it was allowed or not. :)

dreyesbo July 11th, 2011 3:35 am

Either way, thanks for the answer, I'll send the owl! :)

FutureAuthor13 July 12th, 2011 8:48 am

Hi, just to ask, the Cos Forums Staff Message and the 'Nine Years of Cos' Thread doesn't mean Cos will be closing, does it? :(

The_Green_Woods July 12th, 2011 9:21 am

Hi, I would like to know what happened to old threads in the culture forum; I was looking for the Predestination or Freewill thread and could not find it there or in the Non Harry Potter Archives. Has the thread been removed? Thanks. :)

mysterious July 12th, 2011 9:29 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureAuthor13 (Post 5771339)
Hi, just to ask, the Cos Forums Staff Message and the 'Nine Years of Cos' Thread doesn't mean Cos will be closing, does it?

I sure hope not. I don't think 9 is a good number to close at. :p

I miss the clicky for firework that was put up when we celebrated the 6th year, any chance of having it this time round as well. :eyebrows:

gertiekeddle July 12th, 2011 1:23 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureAuthor13 (Post 5771339)
Hi, just to ask, the Cos Forums Staff Message and the 'Nine Years of Cos' Thread doesn't mean Cos will be closing, does it?

We don't celebrate every birthday, but also had party threads for some others (I think last time the 6th birthday mysterious mentioned). That's no indication for any closure. :)

RemusLupinFan July 12th, 2011 2:14 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Green_Woods (Post 5771344)
Hi, I would like to know what happened to old threads in the culture forum; I was looking for the Predestination or Freewill thread and could not find it there or in the Non Harry Potter Archives. Has the thread been removed? Thanks. :)

I'm afraid I can't find it either. Unfortunately it may have been pruned.

The_Green_Woods July 12th, 2011 2:34 pm

Thank you RemusLupinFan. :) Though I am sad it was removed. That was an awesome thread, with great debates, that made interesting reading now and then. Ah well. :)

eddie330 July 15th, 2011 9:06 pm

What happened to the characters?

Didn't there used to be special COS accounts for a lot of the characters set up? Whatever happened to those?

RemusLupinFan July 15th, 2011 10:26 pm

You’re correct, we do have accounts for many of the characters which are managed by the staff. However, since the staff are all volunteers, we often don’t have huge amounts of time to log in and play the characters. But from time to time you may see them reactivate. :)

Deva July 17th, 2011 8:13 pm

What are those rotating stars on the top right of a post?
Are those repuation stars?

RemusLupinFan July 17th, 2011 8:14 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deva (Post 5776035)
What are those rotating stars on the top right of a post?
Are those repuation stars?

The stars represent how many years you've been a member of the forums. See this thread. :)

The_Green_Woods July 18th, 2011 2:25 pm

Are there posts/threads being deleted? I've lost a lot of my post count; nearly 50 of them in the last two days. Thanks. :)

gertiekeddle July 18th, 2011 3:05 pm

Yep, we pruned a bit.

The_Green_Woods July 18th, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks gertie. :) I hope it won't continue for long, because I want to get to 6000. :lol:

gertiekeddle July 18th, 2011 3:25 pm

Nah, no worries. We're done now. Thanks for your understanding! :)

eddie330 July 18th, 2011 3:45 pm

What does the "invisibility cloak" do?

gertiekeddle July 18th, 2011 4:56 pm

If you enable it, other nobody - expect staff - will see you when you're online.

leah49 July 18th, 2011 6:52 pm

Why is the Snape Character Anaylsis thread in the main Stone forum and not the Legilimency Studies subforum?

Moriath July 18th, 2011 7:07 pm

Because a member of staff merged threads and didn't notice that the threads were merged into the wrong forum. But thank you for the polite enquiry! :)

SBNB July 19th, 2011 4:03 am

Why is "US Political Discussion" password protected?

gertiekeddle July 19th, 2011 7:30 am

It's an experiment. Within this area people discuss bare many of the forum's well developed rules. We do this with a small part of the membership only to see whether it works.

ForbiddenSecret July 19th, 2011 8:45 pm

How do I accept an invitation to a social group? It is for a common room, and I can't figure it out. I have a feeling it is something very obvious that I just looked over.

lilyrose July 19th, 2011 8:52 pm

Click the 'Invitation to Join Social Groups' and go to your common room's page. Depending on your layout, you can see options to join the common room. On the right top corner you can see two options (highlight the right top corner, because in some skins this isn't visible): Join Group and Decline Invitation. Click and join the group. Hope this helps :)

ForbiddenSecret July 19th, 2011 8:55 pm

Oh ok, thanks. That helped a lot! :)

S_mackrell July 20th, 2011 8:52 am

Can someone please delete my thread for my fanart? http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=128981

I decided it was a bad idea to post unfinished art when I intend to finish it...:/

Morgoth July 20th, 2011 9:06 am

All done for you.

TheScribbler July 20th, 2011 4:06 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a question about qualification for Hogsmeade. I was looking at the list of forums we need to post in, and I was panicking slightly. I know nothing of some of the non-HP threads there! For example, I am completely unacquainted with anime. How can I talk about something I don't know about? I'll try my best, anyway.
Thanks so much! :wave:

gertiekeddle July 20th, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi, that's no problem! The list shows just which areas count for Hogsmeade (if you post there anyway), but you don't need to post in there. It's always a plus if you have some variety, but we also have people in Hogsmeade who are interested eg in the Potter movies only and as such never visit any other area than Muggle Studies. (And I've no clues about Anime either...) :)

TheScribbler July 20th, 2011 5:15 pm

Alright, thank you! I'll get as much variety as I can :)

Alastor July 20th, 2011 6:54 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheScribbler (Post 5778531)
Alright, thank you! I'll get as much variety as I can :)

But remember still that we look much more for quality than for quantity. Just post in the areas where you think you have something you want to say and have fun. :)

willfitz July 21st, 2011 2:34 am

I just saw "Referrals" under the statistics tab on the profile page and I don't know what it means. Help?

SusanBones July 21st, 2011 2:53 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by willfitz (Post 5778903)
I just saw "Referrals" under the statistics tab on the profile page and I don't know what it means. Help?

Someone put your name down when they signed up for an account. Most people have no idea who used their names as a referral.

And from Morgoth:

Quote:

It was software embedded with vBulletin when the site was activated. I think there was a plan one time to link referrals to perks, so the more you had, the more message space you got etc. But it never took off, so it's a bit like the appendix of forum software, I guess.

Urania July 22nd, 2011 9:09 am

Shouldn't there be spoileralert whenever DH part 2 is mentioned? Or was that only used when there was bookrelease?

I for one have not yet seen DH part two (as it was only released a few weeks back in Denmark), so I stay well clear of the forum dedicated to this... so it's very upsetting to find facts from the movie in threads like "plotholes, inconsistencys..."

Should there be spoilerwarnings or should I just stay away from this forum till I've seen the movie?

gertiekeddle July 22nd, 2011 9:31 am

We generally don't do a strict spoiler alert for the movies, but yes: it should be common sense to not mention DH plots in the Muggles Studies.

Movie facts don't belong in the Stone (where 'Plot contradictions...') is located at all anyway - this is a book discussion area only. If we spot such contents, we delete them.

sas67 July 23rd, 2011 12:15 pm

If I want to ask if anybody can help me on the Deathly Hallows Part 2 DS game where can i go to ask?

Tenshi July 23rd, 2011 12:31 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sas67 (Post 5780788)
If I want to ask if anybody can help me on the Deathly Hallows Part 2 DS game where can i go to ask?

How about this thread Harry Potter Video Games? :)

Mafelda July 23rd, 2011 2:29 pm

Sorry Brand new here. I have looked all through the control panel and can not find anywhere to post an Avatar. Am I missing it in the FAQ?
Also is there a group of standard avatars this forum uses. Sorry to be a bother. Have tried to upload a small picture in my signature with no luck either. Anyone shed some light? Thank you in advance. :agree:

gertiekeddle July 23rd, 2011 3:03 pm

:welcome: to CoS!

Avatars are a feature only Hogsmeade members can wear. For reference: Hogsmeade Review Guidelines.

But you can instal a signature (max. size 300x300 pixels), if you'd like to. :)

Mafelda July 23rd, 2011 3:15 pm

Wonderful, thank you for your quick response.
I look forward to getting through all these wonderful posts and if I eventually qualify, well that will be an added bonus! :wave:

Alastor July 23rd, 2011 5:36 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafelda (Post 5780821)
Have tried to upload a small picture in my signature with no luck either. Anyone shed some light? Thank you in advance. :agree:

Maybe this thread could be useful: Siggies for Dummies

il0v3emma July 24th, 2011 2:04 am

Is there any way for a mod to change a person's username? Mine was from ages ago and I would love it if it could be changed. Thanks!

SusanBones July 24th, 2011 2:33 am

I'm sorry but we don't usually change people's user names.

Mafelda July 24th, 2011 2:43 am

Hate to be a bother again but I was wondering where all you folks find some of those great signatures? I understand how to post them but cannot seem to find a source. I have been on other forums and they had links to sites that had their themed signatures. Any hints would be much appreciated.;)

gertiekeddle July 24th, 2011 7:52 am

Many members post signatures for free use in Magical Masterpieces.

I'm aware I currently don't have one, but I also got many good signatures by just randomly checking around what others have. Usually every signature image is credited, so if you follow the link there are probably many more great works.

Last not least, if you already have an idea, you can check for an artist in Custom Signature/ Avatar/ Wallpaper volunteer thread or ask in the Graphics request thread to get a custom made signature. :)

LoonyLuna22 July 24th, 2011 1:34 pm

Profile Picture

How do I get a profile picture? :wave:

RemusLupinFan July 24th, 2011 3:10 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafelda (Post 5781373)
Hate to be a bother again but I was wondering where all you folks find some of those great signatures? I understand how to post them but cannot seem to find a source. I have been on other forums and they had links to sites that had their themed signatures. Any hints would be much appreciated.;)

In addition to what Gertie said, you can also search the internet for pictures which you can then resize and tailor to meet your needs. :) Lots of people have images from the HP movies.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoonyLuna22 (Post 5781579)
How do I get a profile picture? :wave:

If you mean the picture that appears beside some members' names, you'll be able to get one once you're admitted into Hogsmeade. For more information, check out Hogsmeade Review Guidelines. :)

Snapeish July 24th, 2011 4:22 pm

Time on site

why does the time on this site show 4 hours ahead? or 20 hours behind?

Liselle July 24th, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Time on site

Hello :)

You set the time on your own profile - for instance, I'm GMT so I have that displayed. If you go to Magical Me > Edit options

and scroll down the page to the Date and Time option you can select the time zone which applies to you :)

sas67 July 24th, 2011 7:29 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenshi (Post 5780793)
How about this thread Harry Potter Video Games? :)

Thank you I've posted my question in there, hopefully somebody will be able to help, as I cannot continue with the game until I get past this scene.

mexicant July 25th, 2011 1:27 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by sas67 (Post 5781827)
Thank you I've posted my question in there, hopefully somebody will be able to help, as I cannot continue with the game until I get past this scene.

Due to how recently this game came out, you might have more luck searching for help on a game forum rather than a Harry Potter one. While the game is related to the series, you appear to be the first member who has posted about having the game and are thus unlikely to find someone further along than yourself. A quick search on a search engine found this website, though as it isn't platform specific, there might be minor differences depending on which platform the author of the guide was using. ^_^

Also, for future reference, do allow some time between reposting your question in any given thread; sometimes, people just don't have an answer yet.

Dobby138 July 25th, 2011 11:41 am

Just wondering - How long does it take for a topic to be 'approved'?

Alastor July 25th, 2011 1:06 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobby138 (Post 5782419)
Just wondering - How long does it take for a topic to be 'approved'?

New threads are approved manually. Which means that a staff member has to spot it and decide what to do with it. If there is some further staff discussion about it needed it can take a day or two.

sas67 July 25th, 2011 1:56 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mexicant (Post 5782161)
Due to how recently this game came out, you might have more luck searching for help on a game forum rather than a Harry Potter one. While the game is related to the series, you appear to be the first member who has posted about having the game and are thus unlikely to find someone further along than yourself. A quick search on a search engine found this website, though as it isn't platform specific, there might be minor differences depending on which platform the author of the guide was using. ^_^

Also, for future reference, do allow some time between reposting your question in any given thread; sometimes, people just don't have an answer yet.

Thank you for your help. I also realised that as a new game, I may not get the answer for a while, so I have decided to go back to it at a future date, once again thank you for your reply.

lunaisfreebird July 26th, 2011 12:30 am

i'm sure you get asked this alot and i'm very sorry if it's annoying but how do you make a profile picture? or avatar?

ok thanks for replying.

canismajoris July 26th, 2011 12:37 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunaisfreebird (Post 5782999)
i'm sure you get asked this alot and i'm very sorry if it's annoying but how do you make a profile picture? or avatar?

ok thanks for replying.

:wave: Hi. I thought I might save gertiekeddle some time, she works so hard. The answer to your question is as follows :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gertiekeddle (Post 5780837)

Avatars are a feature only Hogsmeade members can wear. For reference: Hogsmeade Review Guidelines.

But you can instal a signature (max. size 300x300 pixels), if you'd like to. :)

eddie330 July 27th, 2011 9:43 pm

I'm wondering if there ever is going to be another contest like the ones in The Quibbler Breaking News section? I know that I'm probaly going to get some answer like wait and see, or something but no harm in asking?

I joined a little too late for all the fun stuff apparently. :(

SusanBones July 28th, 2011 3:51 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie330 (Post 5784374)
I'm wondering if there ever is going to be another contest like the ones in The Quibbler Breaking News section? I know that I'm probaly going to get some answer like wait and see, or something but no harm in asking?

I joined a little too late for all the fun stuff apparently. :(

It is true that we used to have a lot more fun stuff in the past. We had to do something to kill time in the years between book releases. ) We also used to have a lot more members to participate in the contests. Unfortunately, we don't really have anything planned for the near future right now.

pianogirl256 July 28th, 2011 4:15 am

How do i accept an invitation to a group?

Alastor July 28th, 2011 4:23 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pianogirl256 (Post 5784659)
How do i accept an invitation to a group?

Follow the instructions in the quote below. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyrose (Post 5777883)
Click the 'Invitation to Join Social Groups' and go to your common room's page. Depending on your layout, you can see options to join the common room. On the right top corner you can see two options (highlight the right top corner, because in some skins this isn't visible): Join Group and Decline Invitation. Click and join the group. Hope this helps :)

EndCredits July 28th, 2011 6:41 pm

How to join a socal group?

Alastor July 28th, 2011 7:03 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndCredits (Post 5785233)
How to join a socal group?

Follow the instructions given in the post above yours. :)

FutureAuthor13 July 29th, 2011 10:48 am

Hi! :) My post count was in the 700 region yesterday, but now has jumped up to 2247. Are posts in non-qualifying areas (for Hogsmeade) now being counted because I am already in Hogsmeade? :hmm: Thanks. :)

gertiekeddle July 29th, 2011 11:33 am

Your guess is the best spontaneous answer I also have that far, but I'll look into it to see whether there can be any other explanation. Actually Hogsmeade posts shouldn't count, but maybe one of us Reds accidentally turned the post count on there while doing some maintaining.

(Not that it hurts to get more posts than usual, though, but I'd be curious too :lol:).

ccollinsmith July 29th, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi Gertie, I think FA13 was referring to non-qualifying areas outside of Hogsmeade. If Hogsmeade got turned on, my post count should have jumped too. :)

FutureAuthor13 July 29th, 2011 12:50 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccollinsmith (Post 5785801)
Hi Gertie, I think FA13 was referring to non-qualifying areas outside of Hogsmeade. If Hogsmeade got turned on, my post count should have jumped too. :)

Yes, that's what I meant- the Quidditch Pitch and whatnot. :)

bellatrix93 July 29th, 2011 1:02 pm

It happened to me about a month ago, my post count jumped around fifteen posts, I looked around just to make sure I'm not sleep-posting (:p), and I found out that the Ask the Staff v.7 thread has been moved to the Non-hp archives forum and that I have about 15 posts there.

Anyways, looks like HP past v.5 and HP present v.4 have been moved to the Post DH references forum. FutureAuthor13 has 695 posts in the first and 833 posts in the second.
(www.cosforums.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=128026)
(www.cosforums.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=127592)

Looks as if posts count in the two forums mentioned above, and when threads are moved from a forum in which posts don't count to one of these forums, they're added to one's post count.

I also checked Dobby138's profile (who posts in HP past/present threads) and his post count is over the thousand, even though he still got 'Second Year' for his UT.

Hope this has helped, :).