Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Computer & Video Games (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   World of Warcraft (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=112520)

Morgoth October 5th, 2007 11:38 am

World of Warcraft

So who here plays this Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game? I got an account a few months ago but never got it set up. I know a few people on the forums play this game. Discuss your experiences, post your server, your toons, etc. :)

shmcminn October 5th, 2007 11:39 pm

Re: World of Warcraft

I played pretty much all summer but then the "real world" set in and I had to stop. If your looking into buying this game I'd actually reccomend not to. It's really fun...but too fun. You get addicted trying to 'beat' the game, but in reality it's impossible, you can always do more and you'll never stop. Seriously this is addicting, don't take it lightly.

Rappy28 October 6th, 2007 1:21 am

I am currently trying out the hazardous combination of World of Warcraft and medical school. So far both are going well... :p I started playing on official servers only a month ago, so my Troll rogue (I've known Warcraft since I was 5, and I've always been a big Troll fan :p) is only level 20. I play on a French RP server, the Sentinels.
Although my main is only lvl 20, I know quite a bit about the game, but that's because I've played for over a year using rather illegal means I will not expand on.

I just can't make money though. I mean it. How do you people do it ? Seriously... I put a lot of stuff in the AH, but as soon as I get the silver by mail I spend it all on my profession and upgrades. :lol:

Mireille October 7th, 2007 8:41 pm

I need a life outside of Warcraft. Sad thing is, I'm in better than T4, or at least some of my gear is better. :lol:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rsh&n=Hinatari

FlyingPhoenix October 8th, 2007 12:16 pm

Well, I played it for a few months but stopped and went straight back to DaoC. A MMORPG must have PvP or in this case RvR for me to be any good and WoW just doesn't has a good concept on that.

Midnightsfire October 8th, 2007 12:53 pm

Azuremyst server.
68 Night Elf Druid and assorted level 30s

I pretty much just solo. So the more rare items I probably won't see.

The Outlands expansion are amazing! (And flying mounts YES!)

Looking to see what they do with the next expansion and the introduction of the Hero class the Deathknight.

Rappy28 October 9th, 2007 1:12 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnightsfire (Post 4804721)
Looking to see what they do with the next expansion and the introduction of the Hero class the Deathknight.

I was disappointed when Blizzard announced only one Hery class per expansion... I thought there would be a bit more. I'm just too eager to discover new classes... :p

And while we're at it, here I am. Not much for now, but I'm very much of a casual gamer. Sure, I'm a nerd who always stays at her computer, but I also like to do other things, not always playing WoW. :p

godrics hollow October 9th, 2007 1:37 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rappy28 (Post 4801681)
I am currently trying out the hazardous combination of World of Warcraft and medical school. So far both are going well... :p I started playing on official servers only a month ago, so my Troll rogue (I've known Warcraft since I was 5, and I've always been a big Troll fan :p) is only level 20. I play on a French RP server, the Sentinels.
Although my main is only lvl 20, I know quite a bit about the game, but that's because I've played for over a year using rather illegal means I will not expand on.

I just can't make money though. I mean it. How do you people do it ? Seriously... I put a lot of stuff in the AH, but as soon as I get the silver by mail I spend it all on my profession and upgrades. :lol:

Lol you're level 20 right now, so im guessing wool is coming in pretty nicely? Get a buddy to run you through vc a couple times, and just collect all the wool... sell the stacks for approx 70s each (depending on ure server prices)

As you level up move onto silk, a 1g - 2g each etc etc...

If that isnt your thing... go into tailoring. At your level just making 8 - 10 slotters will rake in plenty of money for equipment and or skills etc...

i've never had much of a gold problem in wow.. im usually the one who lends my higher level friends gold, (my main is only 33... go figure eh..)

Anyways yah, i play on the PvP server archimonde.. but with school and such have no more time for WoW.. i will probably pick it up again over the summer, buy 2 months worth of time and play it out over the summer then let it sit for another year :P

HouseStark October 9th, 2007 3:00 am

I played from release day in November 2004 til May 2007. Quit when I hit 70 and saw that they were making raiding more based on 5man groups and smaller raid groups. I was always a fan of 40 man raids so that didn't really do it for me.

70 Orc Rogue named Stannis on Haomarush, formerly Shadowhawk of Burning Legion

Rappy28 October 10th, 2007 9:49 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by godrics hollow (Post 4805566)
Lol you're level 20 right now, so im guessing wool is coming in pretty nicely? Get a buddy to run you through vc a couple times, and just collect all the wool... sell the stacks for approx 70s each (depending on ure server prices)

As you level up move onto silk, a 1g - 2g each etc etc...

Thanks for the advice, but now I'm not as poor anymore. I just sell lots of random stuff at the AH, e.g. stacks of leather found by fishing, stranglekelp, cloth, ore, oily blackmouths and such...
Heh I think I'm going to sell my stacks of copper ore for more... Way too many twinks around, full of gold and eager to powerlevel their profession.

Bayou November 25th, 2007 3:51 pm

Kyranthia- 35 Night Elf Druid Windrunner realm
Brissania- 15 Undead Warlock Silver Hand realm

tdg8 December 29th, 2007 12:44 am

lvl 70 Night Elf Hunter- Terrydagreat
lvl 70 Human Warrior- Drycleaner

Bob_Malefoy February 5th, 2008 6:28 pm

I played the game 1 month...I got a Tauren Hunter to level 36. The first two weeks were fun but I got tired after a while. Its always the same thing ; go there kill x monsters and come back, get experience. I heard WoW is a good game when you really put a lot of time into it with guild mates etc. MMORPGs are not for me. :relax:

Stewie February 8th, 2008 1:06 am

After making fun of my friends who played the game, I finally downloaded the trial and started playing. I am a lvl 29 Night Elf Hunter at the momment.

Also if you are complaining about not having enough PvP action, I would suggest trying some of the battlegrounds, even at the lower levels they are what makes the game fun in my opinion.

Rappy28 February 9th, 2008 2:20 pm

I agree, PvP is a very fun part of the game. Personally I don't play on a PvP server because I wouldn't like getting ganked all the time, but battlegrounds are lots of fun. World PvP in Outland is nice too, until the Alliance guy you've just slaughtered thrice brings in his little lvl 70 friends. Not fun anymore. :D

Mireille February 9th, 2008 10:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rappy28 (Post 4923210)
World PvP in Outland is nice too, until the Alliance guy you've just slaughtered thrice brings in his little lvl 70 friends. Not fun anymore. :D

:lol: Then I suggest you reroll Alliance to take on Haala. That is if you play on Zangarmarsh where the alliance always control it.

But, I must say, the Horde do the same thing. They call their friends too so it's not a strategy that's foreign to either side.

Rappy28 February 10th, 2008 10:05 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mireille (Post 4923733)
But, I must say, the Horde do the same thing. They call their friends too so it's not a strategy that's foreign to either side.

Haha, I suppose so. :D While Outland World PvP can be attempted at any level, I think that ultimately it belongs to level 70s. I haven't been to Nagrand yet, I've just hit level 65 and I am currently finishing all the Terrokar quests I can do, so I don't know how Halaa is on my server. :D

By the way, I'd like to have you guys' (and girls' :D) opinion on this matter : I'd really like to have a Talbuk mount, but which way is it easier / less tedious to get ? Exalted with the Kurenai/Mag'Har or Halaa marks ?

Mireille February 10th, 2008 11:38 pm

Depends how active Halaa is on your server. On mine, it's pretty dead most of the time, so the rep grind would be faster. However, if Halaa is active all the time, then your best bet would be Halaa marks.

Spacecadet August 22nd, 2008 4:43 pm

I have a level 70 ally druid on stonemaul. To those of you that play what do you think about the xpac? Im looking forward to it but i cant imagine it will come out on time seeing as the last one didnt :(

Midnightsfire November 2nd, 2008 7:44 pm

The latest cinematic intro for the Wrath of the lich King Expansion.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/intro.xml