Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Television (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Shows That You Know Will Make You Feel Better (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=117299)

houseelf25 July 12th, 2008 5:09 am

Shows That You Know Will Make You Feel Better

I did a search and I couldn't find anything like this except the movie thing, so...
What are some TV shows that you can watch when you're feeling down that will always make you feel better?

For me, it's got to be "That 70s Show," "Sabrina the Teenage Witch," "Grounded for Life," and "Friends." Watching the ridiculous situations that the characters get into always makes me feel better. For example, yesterday my car was hit (I wasn't injured, but my car was :() and I needed to get my mind off things, so I YouTube'd "That 70s Show" and watched the "Musical" episode and it made me feel 10 times better.

Anyone else have shows like this?

GemmaBlack July 12th, 2008 1:21 pm

Re: Shows That You Know Will Make You Feel Better

Charmed is definately my feel better show, I absolutley loved it from the moment it started, that was like 8 years ago, but I still but on the DVD's when I'm feeling down or anything.
Also Friends as well, never fails to make me laugh.
And Spongebob, I knwo its childish but its so funny. I'm one of those people who will laugh at anything if its stupid or cheesy enough lol.

_LoonyLovegood_ July 12th, 2008 3:11 pm

Friends.
It's the only thing that can cheer me up 100% of the time. It's just impossible to be in a bad mood while watching.

BelleSnowyOwl July 12th, 2008 4:44 pm

Arrested Development. Guaranteed laughs.

Also Friends. That show always cheers me up.

Evik July 12th, 2008 5:10 pm

Friends, without any doubt. They never fail to cheer me up. :D

In a way, all of my favourite shows make me feel better. Some of them don't exactly cheer me up, though, especially when one of my favourite characters dies. :(

mugglesrock July 12th, 2008 11:29 pm

Friends comes with a 110% guarantee. Same with Scrubs, That '70s Show, and Arrested Development.

Mad_Druid July 13th, 2008 7:22 am

Father Ted, Monarch of The Glen, Black Books.

Fawkesfan1 July 13th, 2008 1:22 pm

Any kind of show that has some amount of comedy in it... like Frasier, the X-Files (at times), NCIS, etc.

Those kinds of shows tend to cheer me up when I'm feeling somewhat down.

GreenEyedLass July 17th, 2008 11:53 am

I'm new here - Hi all!

One of my old favorites which has stood the test of time and still gives me the warm fuzzies even though it was shot in the 1980's - the British series All Creatures Great and Small. Ahh... living life in the country in a small English village... beautiful scenery... animals... and I have to admit as a woman who never wanted or cared for kids, at least the earlier years in the series before James and Helen married and had kids, a house with a family atmosphere of all adults. Sigfried, Tristan, James, Helen, even Mrs. Hall the housekeeper - it was a great cast and I always enjoyed their interactions without the interuptions of noisy obnoxious kids. As close to heaven as I can imagine!

Yoana July 17th, 2008 2:49 pm

House MD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've watched some of the episodes over 5 times... And there isn't an episode Ihaven't watched at least twice.

Also Blackadder and 'Allo 'Allo :love:

IMissPadfoot July 17th, 2008 6:37 pm

Ooh, it has to be Friends, every time! I also love watching The Fresh Prince of Bel Air - that always cheers me up too :D

GemmaBlack July 17th, 2008 7:36 pm

Scrubs is a gooden, always makes me laugh.

( Yoana your sig is hilarious! lol)

blue_dragons July 17th, 2008 8:32 pm

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Bones have those dumb lines that always make you laugh.

houseelf25 July 18th, 2008 2:23 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMissPadfoot (Post 5087484)
Ooh, it has to be Friends, every time! I also love watching The Fresh Prince of Bel Air - that always cheers me up too :D

oh, i forgot fresh prince when i made up my list. will smith is amazing :love:

freelantzer July 23rd, 2008 4:04 am

I agree with many who said That 70's Show. Red always cracks me up!

Another guilty pleasure that I'm almost embarrassed to admit I watch, but that always makes me laugh out loud: Wipeout. Watching people ricochet off ridiculous obsticals and end up head-first in a mud pit just never gets old. :elaugh:

IenjoyAcidPops July 23rd, 2008 4:16 am

Well, "Futurama", "The Office", "Friends", "30 Rock", and most seasons of "The Simpsons" come to mind.

Raven_Girly July 23rd, 2008 4:45 am

I'm going to go with Scrubs. It's one of the few shows that can make me laugh, no matter what. Even if I am watching episodes I have seen before. :D

Wab July 23rd, 2008 5:02 am

Roger Ramjet (who I personally think is Stan Smith's father).

rainie_hp July 23rd, 2008 6:02 am

Whose line is it anyway?
What I like about you

Those are the only ones i can think of right now - but in general, cartoons cheer me up pretty well.

Fawkesfan1 July 23rd, 2008 8:30 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainie_hp (Post 5092828)
Whose line is it anyway?
What I like about you

Those are the only ones i can think of right now - but in general, cartoons cheer me up pretty well.

Yea, Whose line tended to cheer me up as well whenever I felt down. Gah, just seeing Wayne and the gang act silly never failed to not make me laugh :lol:. Too bad it isn't on the air anymore -- in terms of new episodes. They just don't make tv shows like they used to...