Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   In Cinemas & General Movie discussion (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Movies you like that NO ONE ELSE EVER HEARD OF! #2 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=56384)

Emma December 8th, 2004 5:49 am

Movies you like that NO ONE ELSE EVER HEARD OF! #2

Movies you like that NO ONE ELSE EVER HEARD OF!

Please continue here...

WhoAmI December 8th, 2004 5:42 pm

I didn't read through all the pages of the original thread, but the pages I did read had several films I've seen at one time or another. (I used to work in a video store owned by a cable company, so I got free vids & free movie channels!)

Anyway, one of my faves that no one seems to have heard about is "Strictly Ballroom." (I'm a sucker for dance movies!) :blush:

Fury December 8th, 2004 5:54 pm

How about O Brother Where Art Thou... not many people have heard of it...

Also a movie that was on last night... The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns... awesome movie... had Zoe Wanamaker (Madam Hooch) in it.

WhoAmI December 8th, 2004 6:01 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fury
How about O Brother Where Art Thou... not many people have heard of it...

I love that movie! I walk around quoting it out of the blue... "Oh George, not the livestock!" :rotfl:

Fury December 8th, 2004 6:04 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoAmI
I love that movie! I walk around quoting it out of the blue... "Oh George, not the livestock!" :rotfl:

I can sing "Man of Constan Sorrow" Perfectly :D

i_luv_snuffles December 8th, 2004 6:07 pm

i saw a movie a couple of days ago that a lot of people i know have never heard of.... it's called "Welcome to the Dollhouse"... its sooooo funny!!! WEINER DOG!!!!!! :lol: the main girl is the best friend of the main character in "Princess Diaries", and another one of the character is "Warren" from "Empire Records" (my fave movie, i might add)

*\o/* xxx ~*Snuffy, the Contest Master*~ :gryff:

Fury December 8th, 2004 6:14 pm

I have heard of Welcome to the Dollhouse before... never saw it... sounded too weird.

i_luv_snuffles December 8th, 2004 6:22 pm

its not really that weird, but u need a certain kind of sense of humor in order to think its funny... but its a really good movie!!

Rae December 8th, 2004 8:59 pm

Hm, let's see...Velvet Goldmine, The Barbarian Invasions, White Teeth, any of these ring a bell?

Godric32908 December 8th, 2004 11:30 pm

Monty Python And the quest for the Holy Grail

Molly Nest December 9th, 2004 1:23 am

Hmmm... Jay and Silence Bob... uhauahuahauha

cgrint December 9th, 2004 1:28 am

I like the Popeye movie with Robin Williams, and everyone always thinks I made it up. Oh, and I said like, not love.

i_luv_snuffles December 9th, 2004 2:12 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgrint
I like the Popeye movie with Robin Williams, and everyone always thinks I made it up. Oh, and I said like, not love.

i believe u (only cause i've seen the movie, too!!)

also Molly Nest - anything Kevin Smith is great (although i'm not too fond of Chasing Amy or Jersey Girl)

worlds_cutest_ferret December 9th, 2004 2:20 am

Except for when I talk about them, almost none of my friends have heard of The Man In The Moon, A Christmas Story, The Replacements, Stealing Harvard, Kevin Smith movies, or Lone Star State of Mind.

Holly is Short December 9th, 2004 4:47 am

Some like it hot! Its an old movie! With marelyn monro in it!

GirlieGirl December 9th, 2004 5:07 am

Movie

It's this one movie called "sleepless in seattle" and it stars tom hanks its a pretty good movie but ya thats wat i think ... oh ya and theres this one movie "ever after" with drew barrymore and its pretty good too ;) and sorry for bad spellin

lesliefoxy December 9th, 2004 5:09 am

i love a christmas story and some like it hott, great flicks

drop dead gorgeous(makes you laugh), and killing me softly(makes you think) are good ones too

i_luv_snuffles December 9th, 2004 5:54 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by worlds_cutest_ferret
Except for when I talk about them, almost none of my friends have heard of The Man In The Moon, A Christmas Story, The Replacements, Stealing Harvard, Kevin Smith movies, or Lone Star State of Mind.

:wow: ur friends haven't heard of A Christmas Story!?!?!?!?! :wow: that is a tragedy "You'll shot yer eye out!!!" :lol: such a good movie!!!

Fury December 9th, 2004 3:11 pm

Hercules and Xena... it is a cartoon movie... voiced by Kevin Sorbo and Lucy Lawless...

And also Ready to Rumble.. Wrestling Movie!

Adiah December 9th, 2004 3:18 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godric32908
Monty Python And the quest for the Holy Grail

My younger brother is completely obssessed with that movie! :rotfl:

There is a movie called "The Great Escape" that many young people probably haven't heard of--it's a WWII movie based on a true story, starring Steve McQueen and a much younger (completely unrecognizeable) Richard Attenborough (John Hammond from "Jurassic Park"). :tu: