Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Wizengamot Administration Services (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Thank you, CoS Staff! (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=132271)

MrSleepyHead January 30th, 2014 8:30 am

Thank you, CoS Staff!

The title says it all. We all know what a wonderful place CoS has been, and for so many ways. And we've talked about those ways in the comments on the closing thread. But topping the list of what has made CoS great is its tireless staff, and I feel that they deserve a thread entirely for thanking them.

We have Morgoth to thank for the creation and upkeep of the site, and all the other staff - Admins, Unspeakables, Aurors, Professors Emeritus, Prefects - for their generosity in keeping making this forum the bar, in my opinion, for every other online community out there. We 'students' may not have always appreciated the effort you put into moderating the forums, but your diligence, patience, and friendliness have shown. I would like to thank all the staff - current and former - for setting the standard for the entire CoS community, which is undoubtedly the best online community I've ever been part of. Thank you for everything! :huggles:

BurrowGhoul January 30th, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: Thank you, CoS Staff!

All of the staff here have been lovely. I can't thank them enough for all of the years of joy I've found here.

wolfbrother January 30th, 2014 1:55 pm

:tu:

Yup. I've never actually come across a site as well moderated as this one.

OldMotherCrow January 30th, 2014 2:30 pm

It has been great, and the staff of CoS deserves a resounding "thank you" for making it so.

Thank you!

Midnightsfire January 30th, 2014 2:44 pm

http://www.kurts-smilies.de/trink4.gif
We could just go home right now Or maybe we could stick around
For just one more drink, oh yeah
Get another bottle out Lets shoot the breeze
Sit back down For just one more drink, oh yeah

Here's to us Here's to love
All the times That we messed up http://www.kurts-smilies.de/kruecken.gif
Here's to you http://www.kurts-smilies.de/trink4.gif Fill the glass
Cause the last few days Have gone too fast
So let give em hell
Wish everybody well
Here's to us
Here's to us

Stuck it out this far together Put our theories through the shredder
Let's toast cause things got better
And everything could change like that And all these years go by so fast
But nothing lasts forever :(

Here's to you! http://www.kurts-smilies.de/trink4.gif

Heh..memories, they are funny...

Introduction Thread
Forum Notice Board
Forum Rules

purplehawk January 30th, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks for everything!

ccollinsmith January 30th, 2014 2:53 pm

If we had a "like" button, I would "like" all of the preceding comments. So I'll just have to use this... :tu:

This forum has spoiled me, and it's largely because of all the hard work the staff has put in.

Thank you thank you, a million times over, for making CoS such a wonderful online community.

yorkiedoodle January 30th, 2014 3:53 pm

I echo the previous comments - thank you to all the staff who gave up their time so that this could be such a well run place.

xhanax315 January 30th, 2014 4:13 pm

It really has been an extraordinary experience and I'm so glad I joined here back in 2005. Of all the Potter sites I became a part of at the time, I hadn't stuck around as long as I did here. Thank you for everything Cos staff. :huggles:

HMN January 30th, 2014 4:25 pm

Sincere thanks for the many, many years of your wisdom, kindness and service that you gave to these forums. It wouldn't have been such a magical place without you.

xoxo

mirrormere January 30th, 2014 4:53 pm

Yes, thank you so much for all the hard work you've all invested in this site, making it such a wonderful place for discussion and comments. I wish I had found CoS years earlier and I'm heartbroken that it has to end (though I understand why). Thank you all.

MerryLore January 30th, 2014 7:06 pm

Thank you, everyone. There was no other forum like CoS, and there never will be again. I don't think i said this, but the day I found out the forum was closing, I sat here and cried and cried. Then I owled Hes, who calmed my nerves and dried my tears. The staff here is very special.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. For all of it.

gertiekeddle January 30th, 2014 7:38 pm

Really, you guys. One moment we don't take care about new threads being posted... and see what you do there! That's most likely violating like ten CoS policies and all copies of the forum rules! Way too heart-warming! Bah, humbug.

Thanks. :blush:

bellahawthorne January 30th, 2014 7:54 pm

Just when my life was honestly just getting settled after becoming an HP fan last year, it really is sad to see CoS go - I had been planning to come back here since my life unrattled. Looking around the board, though I wasn't able to participate much, I can see the amazing friendships and debates you guys shared. What an amazing place - hope to find another just like it!
Thank you for the amazing years you gave and kept the magic alive! :)

Alastor January 30th, 2014 8:07 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by gertiekeddle (Post 6083997)
Really, you guys. One moment we don't take care about new threads being posted... and see what you do there! That's most likely violating like ten CoS policies and all copies of the forum rules! Way too heart-warming! Bah, humbug.

Thanks. :blush:

I'm afraid positive feedback goes under the heading of feedback too, so I can't really find any reason to close it as off topic. :p

Anyway, thanks folks! It really is hearth warming to read things here that I, for one, expected to not hear before my own funeral. If even then.

leah49 January 30th, 2014 8:14 pm

What are you all going to do with your free time now that you won't have to chase us rabble rousers around?

FurryDice January 30th, 2014 8:28 pm

Thank you, COS staff, for your hard work and dedication in making this site the special place it was. Thanks for the memories!!

gertiekeddle January 30th, 2014 8:35 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by leah49 (Post 6084032)
What are you all going to do with your free time now that you won't have to chase us rabble rousers around?

Didn't yet have time to think about it. :p

Yoana January 30th, 2014 8:38 pm

Thank you. CoS has influenced my life exponentially, from my online presence and reputation on all boards I frequent, to my real-life knowledge and memories.

Hes January 30th, 2014 8:47 pm

My fault, I approved it. I thought it was just too lovely, to be an evil coldhearted mod and send it to the deep pit of oblivion :scared:

Seriously though you are all so kind and it means a lot to all of us how much CoS has meant to everyone :)