Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Do Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts have a chance to become movies? (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=118312)

Jack5555 October 13th, 2008 8:09 pm

Do Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts have a chance to become movies?

Yeah, they probably won't, but I would love some sort of made for TV special of them. Like Hagrid explaining all the creatures. Or maybe even Harry and Ron teaching First Years Quidditch for QttA. What are your thoughts?

Morning_Star October 13th, 2008 8:35 pm

Re: Do Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts have a chance to become movies

No, I don't think so, but it would be cool with some sort of documentary about Quidditch and it's history, or about magical beast!

Rush October 13th, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: Do Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts have a chance to become movies

I agree that a Documentary would be fascinating.

I think they should get Sean Biggerstaff (Oliver Wood) to Narrarator or Host a documentary on Qudditch through the Ages. Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) would also work well for a Care of Magical Creatures special. That's actually a really good idea that's never occured to me before.

Those books have zero percent chance of becoming a movie.

Anhelda October 13th, 2008 9:33 pm

I agree, no chance for the books to become movies, because they have no "plot" per se, but a pseudodocumentary on Quidditch hosted by Oliver Wood would be cool beyond extreme! (I love Wood!)

rich_505 October 13th, 2008 9:39 pm

I love the idea of a Quidditch documentary, and Hagrid presents Fantastic Beasts would be awesome. I wonder if WB or JK even would be willing to allow this, maybe for Comic Relief given that both books were originally released for Comic Relief. Maybe 5 or 10 years down the line this will be a possibility, it'd work very well!

vampiricduck October 13th, 2008 9:50 pm

I don't think so, unless it was to be some form of documentary-esque film. Total mockumentary, in a way, but that's the only way I could see it working. And, come to that, since the books mostly just compile useless information in the most general sense, and we would lose the interesting additions by Ron and Harry and Hermione along the way... I don't think they would otherwise make for decent viewing to be honest. There are some things that are for the hardcore fans, and I think those two are definitely within that category.

Klio October 13th, 2008 9:57 pm

I think this would make an amazing extra on a super-duper-special DVD edition of all the movies or something. But I can't quite see it working as a stand alone sort of thing for TV.... not least because I would assume that WB would have to produce this in some way, and I am not sure whether they do that sort of thing?

But as an elaborate DVD extra - wow... wouldn't that be amazing? I can't see them doing it, but I wish they did!

Anhelda October 14th, 2008 12:36 am

Maybe they'll put together something like this for the HP theme park at Universal Studios--y'know, something to show people while they're standing in line for a ride or something. Crowd distraction techniques are always good ideas in that sort of situation. :)

JacobWads October 14th, 2008 12:57 am

I agree with the person who said that there will not be one because there is no plot and no story line (for those out there who think that there is a difference). It would be like taking an encyclopedia and turning it into a movie. You could get ideas out of them to make a movie or tv show which would be awesome..

eaglestreasure October 14th, 2008 1:19 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anhelda (Post 5157738)
Maybe they'll put together something like this for the HP theme park at Universal Studios--y'know, something to show people while they're standing in line for a ride or something. Crowd distraction techniques are always good ideas in that sort of situation. :)

Ooooh!!

Nice idea. *impressed* Me likey, me likey!

That sound waaaay more probably than them becoming a movie. If they had that at the theme park though? That would ROCK!:tu:

It would probably be an eight minute mini-documentary or something, with some pictures of stuff and a short interview with Jo.

cardinalguy October 14th, 2008 2:57 am

Somehow I doubt it.

eaglestreasure October 14th, 2008 2:59 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalguy (Post 5157832)
Somehow I doubt it.

Uh, you don't even think it could be a mini carnival movie thinger?

Not that I don't respect your opinion, it's just that I'm kinda surprised...?:)

Hysteria October 14th, 2008 6:19 am

I can see any kind of tv film, documentary etc being extremely patronising and boring.

snapes_witch October 14th, 2008 7:01 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hysteria (Post 5157994)
I can see any kind of tv film, documentary etc being extremely patronising and boring.

Right, and simply an excuse to stretch the franchise to an extreme.

Mad_Druid October 14th, 2008 8:16 am

I agree with Klio. As a DVD extra they'd be great fun :)

Morning_Star October 14th, 2008 9:02 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anhelda (Post 5157738)

Then I probably would stand in the line forever! :lol: Maybe not forever, but I would probably see it several times if it's good.

Kanksha October 14th, 2008 9:10 am

No no, if they did that it would be like flogging a dead horse.
Something really should be left to our imaginations!

Pigwijon October 15th, 2008 11:29 pm

No, i doubt it. But a Luna expidition movie(extra) would be great!

vampiricduck October 16th, 2008 12:21 am

I do think that as a DVD extra they would be great, but to even stand in a queue and watch them, I can't say I would go along with it, to be honest. I just think they were well worth reading, very well written, but not exactly plot driven or even storyline driven. There's not enough text to make anything of either, IMO. After all, whatever about Quidditch Through the Ages, that has sketch potential. But Fantastic Beasts is an academic book.

Imagine watching your Biology book unfold on screen. I just can't see that working, for the most part, at all, except for the real die hard fans. In other words, I don't think it would pay off.

ShanksForte October 16th, 2008 1:33 am

I don't think so, because if Harry Potter was to come to television it'd be in the form of a series, not so much as a documentary. Because in a way that'd be like the franchise branching out into the "Tv market," and if they were oging to do that, they wouldn't do it with a "documentary," right away anyway.

DVD extra maybe.